NFL Week #2 - 9/18/2022 - Around the NFL - Games Not Including the Bills

BuffaloBill

Just now, Malazan said:

I hope Frank Reich gets a shot somewhere else. I thought he was good coach, but damn.. that QB position has been a killer for them. The owner having zero patience and pushing crappy patch jobs at the positions doesn't help. 

qb purgatory man. it sucks

• Agree 1

Just now, nedboy7 said:

Miami is not the joke as they are portrayed on this board. 

They are not good. Sorry...I watched their game last week and the offense looked average at best. They scored 13 points on offense. On that pace today. Not sure what you are watching that I am not 

Tua still makes way too many boneheaded decisions and puts the ball in harms way. Last week he got away with it. Won't get away with it very often if he continues doing it.

• Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I am actually pretty proud of Geno...he went from an entitled AHole his teammates hated enough to break his jaw in a fight to a guy who has worked hard to stay in the league, performed well when called on over the years and to a guy his teammates like, follow and respect now.

That's a lot of personal growth he had to do on himself that he just could have said F it and complained, whined and blamed everyone else. Kinda like EJ did.

It's why Geno is still in the NFL and EJ is not. He recognized and accepted his faults and limitations and worked hard to make himself better in those areas.

I can respect that for sure- he worked on his game and kept his head down. I mean, he was a jerk but I think he got humbled pretty fast. If I remember right he fired his agent after the draft because he wasn’t the first QB picked (hi EJ). Astronomical expectations mixed with the NY market got him swept up, ego got too big for the room, jaw broke, loses his job, etc.

reality hits hard sometimes, but I hope he makes the best of his new run in the league.

Just now, Big Turk said:

They are not good. Sorry...I watched their game last week and the offense looked average at best. They scored 13 points on offense. On that pace today. Not sure what you are watching that I am not 

Tua still makes way too many boneheaded decisions and puts the ball in harms way. Last week he got away with it. Won't get away with it very often if he continues doing it.

These routes are looking mostly open when the ball leaves Tua's hand. They're just not by the time the ball arrives.

2 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I hope Frank Reich gets a shot somewhere else. I thought he was good coach, but damn.. that QB position has been a killer for them. The owner having zero patience and pushing crappy patch jobs at the positions doesn't help. 

Frank has been as guilty in that. Rivers and Wentz were his guys. His choices. The GM did not want to trade for Wentz. Frank vouched for him. Not sure whose call Matt Ryan was but he looks pretty washed.

This drive is a perfect sample size to evaluate Tua.  Gets pressured out of the pocket, can’t throw deep, and panics into a 2 yard incompletion. Drops back and throws 15 yards downfield.. ball doesn’t get there in time, and gets knocked out by D. Then comes back for an easy 7 yard throw for a first down. 

He’ll do enough to manage the game, but no way you can count on him if the game is on the line. 

3 minutes ago, KingBoots8 said:

I can respect that for sure- he worked on his game and kept his head down. I mean, he was a jerk but I think he got humbled pretty fast. If I remember right he fired his agent after the draft because he wasn’t the first QB picked (hi EJ). Astronomical expectations mixed with the NY market got him swept up, ego got too big for the room, jaw broke, loses his job, etc.

reality hits hard sometimes, but I hope he makes the best of his new run in the league.

I'm rooting for him for sure. Maybe he will pull a Rich Gannon

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.