Gabe Davis Injured

Billsforumsucks

6 hours ago, Malazan said:

You guys realize if a guy stubs his toe that he has to be on the injury report, right? 

Not exactly true ..Jerry Hughes had a pretty significant injury last year I believe that he talked about and never appeared on the injury report for it.

Not sure what the specific rules are on it but I know there are players who are dealing with things that never appear on it for some reason.

Edited by Big Turk

My guess is Davis doesn't play given the late addition to the injury report and his history of ankle issues that tend to linger.  This coaching staff is pretty conservative when it comes to injuries.  If he doesn't go,  I expect to see a lot of Kumerow as he's the Bills second best blocking WR behind Davis.  The rest of the reps will pry be a mixture between Crowder and Shakir.  Diggs will be targeted a lot.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

Not exactly true ..Jerry Hughes had a pretty significant injury last year I believe that he talked about and never appeared on the injury report for it.

Not sure what the specific rules are on it but I know there are players who are dealing with things that never appear on it for some reason.

I can't speak to the injury you're referring to, but if the Bills didn't report it and the league didn't punish them for failure to do so then it probably wasn't you think it was..

"With the practice report, all players who have reportable injuries must be listed here, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game."

So there's two possibilities I guess

1. It wasn't a reportable injury (which what a 'reportable' injury is pretty vague). There's all kind of crazy rules like some injuries have to be reported for 'key' players or player that would have increased media interest, but wouldn't have to be reported for you 3rd running back who may or may not be active. 

2. They don't have to report it every single day. It's 3 days before the game for the practice report and a game status report 1-2 days before the game(depending on the day they play)

35 minutes ago, Malazan said:

I can't speak to the injury you're referring to, but if the Bills didn't report it and the league didn't punish them for failure to do so then it probably wasn't you think it was..

"With the practice report, all players who have reportable injuries must be listed here, even if the player takes all the reps in practice, and even if the team is certain that he will play in the upcoming game."

So there's two possibilities I guess

1. It wasn't a reportable injury (which what a 'reportable' injury is pretty vague). There's all kind of crazy rules like some injuries have to be reported for 'key' players or player that would have increased media interest, but wouldn't have to be reported for you 3rd running back who may or may not be active. 

2. They don't have to report it every single day. It's 3 days before the game for the practice report and a game status report 1-2 days before the game(depending on the day they play)

Here it is...back in 2019 he played almost the whole year with torn wrist ligaments but never appeared on the injury report for it...ha offseason surgery to fix it.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2568699

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

My guess is Davis doesn't play given the late addition to the injury report and his history of ankle issues that tend to linger.  This coaching staff is pretty conservative when it comes to injuries.  If he doesn't go,  I expect to see a lot of Kumerow as he's the Bills second best blocking WR behind Davis.  The rest of the reps will pry be a mixture between Crowder and Shakir.  Diggs will be targeted a lot.

It will be a Kumerow / McKenzie / Shakir / Knox jobshare wide based on what they showed us in pre-season game 2 and week 1. 

My guess is that break down something like:

Kumerow 40%

McKenzie 25%

Shakir 25%

Knox 10%

13 hours ago, DJB said:

The Office No GIF

I was thinking more of like this..

It’s not definite so we might be ok.  We have a lot of depth at WR, and even Oliver for one week isn’t that big of a deal.  I’m just holding out hopes we have Settle back if possible.  If it’s a choice of hold him out and the calf is fine for the rest of the season, ok, but we brought him in to combat Henry, Indy, the Cheats run game.  Jones is even better than Settle so we should be ok.  In a perfect world you’d rather have Settle out for the high flying passing teams.

Just bad luck.  If we can get Davis and Settle out in a pitch count, maybe that could work.  If not, it will be most likely Diggs, McKenzie and Crowder alternating, and maybe Shakir.  Cook may be given a chance to redeem himself, and use him as a short passing option.  Leave the up the middle stuff to Singletary.  Knox will get a lot of time for sure.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, eball said:

I’ll be very surprised if Gabe doesn’t play Monday night. There is no longer a “probable” designation on the injury report so “questionable” could mean anything from a 1-49% chance he doesn’t play. 

Wouldn't "doubtful" fall in that range somewhere?

1-20% would be "doubtful" is my guess. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

I’ll be very surprised if Gabe doesn’t play Monday night. There is no longer a “probable” designation on the injury report so “questionable” could mean anything from a 1-49% chance he doesn’t play. 

Yeah I really hate that they removed that designation. Now it makes it so much harder with fantasy plays because you have to rely on update on players from "sources" which sometimes are not accurate.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.