Gabe Davis Injured

Billsforumsucks

9 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

He's also questionable 

I know but he's been practicing. Point being, I'd rather stay him if he's active than Crowder or McKenzie. Outside of Diggs, Bills receivers are to predict who will get the ball, it will be spread around. I'd expect a reliable workload from Phillips, especially since the Titans will be playing from behind and throwing alot.

35 minutes ago, billsherd said:

So no Gabe, Settle or Ed. This might be a close one. 

The final inactives are not out yet, but yes, the three probably will not play.  We know Oliver is out for sure.

we are deep on the d line and WR so we should be ok.  Biggie will probably bounce inside alternating with Phillips, but not sure who will alternate with Jones.  Shaq will most likely be activated who is stout against the run.

As far as WR, probably a little Shakir, and Kumerow.  Knox should get

mire targets along with Crowder and McKenzie as Diggs will be double teamed.

1 minute ago, machine gun kelly said:

The final inactives are not out yet, but yes, the three probably will not play.  We know Oliver is out for sure.

we are deep on the d line and WR so we should be ok.  Biggie will probably bounce inside alternating with Phillips, but not sure who will alternate with Jones.  Shaq will most likely be activated who is stout against the run.

As far as WR, probably a little Shakir, and Kumerow.  Knox should get

mire targets along with Crowder and McKenzie as Diggs will be double teamed.

Yeah Gabe out makes it easier for them to double Diggs. Leaving for the game in few min.

21 hours ago, HappyDays said:

So what is the recovery time frame on an ankle sprain assuming it isn't a high ankle sprain?

Depends upon severity. 

2 weeks (Grade I) to 12 weeks (Grade III).  Maybe cut that in half for a pro athlete who has unlimited access to the best treatment.

Just the swelling after a sprain can last 48 hrs though hopefully Gabe and the training staff are doing everything to minimize that

On 9/18/2022 at 3:41 AM, GunnerBill said:

It will be a Kumerow / McKenzie / Shakir / Knox jobshare wide based on what they showed us in pre-season game 2 and week 1. 

My guess is that break down something like:

Kumerow 40%

McKenzie 25%

Shakir 25%

Knox 10%

That breakdown would surprise me greatly.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, billsherd said:

So no Gabe, Settle or Ed. This might be a close one. 

Settle was speaking as though he expected to be available. I feel we should have enough cover for Davis. I imagine we may activate Bryant from the practice squad for Oliver? Especially if Settle is missing too.

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Settle was speaking as though he expected to be available. I feel we should have enough cover for Davis. I imagine we may activate Bryant from the practice squad for Oliver? Especially if Settle is missing too.

notice the wording of what Tim said.

”I did everything they wanted me to do” (in practice today).

Well, what did they want him to do?  A few stretches and some breathing exercises?

I’m guessing he’s inactive today.  At best he dresses but sees extremely limited snaps

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

notice the wording of what Tim said.

”I did everything they wanted me to do” (in practice today).

Well, what did they want him to do?  A few stretches and some breathing exercises?

I’m guessing he’s inactive today.  At best he dresses but sees extremely limited snaps

Oh.

That's not so good.

2 hours ago, billsherd said:

Yeah Gabe out makes it easier for them to double Diggs. Leaving for the game in few min.

Herd, yell louder for both of us.

Im not overly concerned even if we have Settle and Oliver out, their O Line is porous.  Our D Line is going to put a button on Tanny.

I hate not having Davis, but their secondary is not the best.  We should be ok.

31-17 Bills!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.