Gabe Davis Injured

Billsforumsucks

1 hour ago, Beck Water said:

Again, you need to amend that to say "he didn't get many targets last season, when he was the #4 WR with Sanders as the #2 WR"

I don't think the Bills can develop a game plan that excludes him very easily at all.  Davis got 98% of the offensive snaps last week, was targeted 5 times, and had a catch % of 80% for 88 yds and a TD.  That's ~1/3 of the passing yds and TDs.

Kumerow can block as well as Davis but with a 43% catch % in Buffalo he doesn't inspire the same fear as a WR.  So without Davis, you put in a WR who can run block (Kumerow) or a WR who can run routes and catch (McKenzie, Crowder) but you can't put in both.

So 5 targets on like 60 snaps?

Like I said, he just isn't targeted all that much,

Blocking as a WR is very low on my list of things that will influence a game.

Just now, Back2Buff said:

A shot and some tape can go a long way for a sprained ankle.  

I wouldn't risk having him injure it further for one game. This is a marathon not a sprint.  IMO, if we lose this game, it isn't because Davis doesn't play.

• Agree 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

I wouldn't risk having him injure it further for one game. This is a marathon not a sprint.  IMO, if we lose this game, it isn't because Davis doesn't play.

If you injure your sprained ankle more, then you have an absolute trash training staff.  A good training staff can get that thing stable and solid.

From the injury report, it looks like we know Oliver and Settle are out (Oliver the only one confirmed OUT).

Jackson and Davis being listed as Questionable makes me think they will dress, but will be limited and only used if absolutely needed.

Even if they don't, I'm excited to see what Shakir can do tonight.

23 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

From the injury report, it looks like we know Oliver and Settle are out (Oliver the only one confirmed OUT).

Jackson and Davis being listed as Questionable makes me think they will dress, but will be limited and only used if absolutely needed.

I think Jackson plays, but not the others.  Settle said he's ready to go, but it's obviously not up to him.  Risking further injury to Davis would be irresponsible, to say the least.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

52 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Jackson practiced in full Saturday so that means he should be good...likely would have been designated as Probable if they still had that option.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

How are we this banged up ughhhhhhhhhh

Uhh...we aren't?  We are the least injured team in the NFL by a mile since McDermott has gotten here and they built that state of the art training facility and have relied on cutting edge sports science. These are all relatively minor injuries that will likely heal up within a week or two. 

Imagine what you'd be saying if you saw the other teams injury reports and players on IR

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.