Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

3 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

He was never a smart quarterback, or a skilled thrower. He was always a skilled athlete that played QB.

I really hope he can get the right QB building coach. He really could benefit from a Dorsey type when he was a QB coach. 

Would love to see him take a year behind another starting QB. Maybe a year or two off - he was always raw as a QB. 

But like you said, his head is swollen as a former MVP. He won't be a backup. And for that I hope he fails until he's ready to be humble. 

come on… takes a year or two as a backup or out of the league? Because he won’t you hope he fails? 

you’ve got to be trolling at that point 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Limeaid said:

He has same problem as Jim Kelly has - he parties too much mostly with college crowd.

I have seen many photos of him locally in parties with dates during playing season some on dates when he was unavailable to practice.

Heard he also leaves town during the week to go elsewhere to party and go out. nYC, Florida, etc. Even just 24 hour jaunts. It's weird. 

1 minute ago, Boyst62 said:

Heard he also leaves town during the week to go elsewhere to party and go out. nYC, Florida, etc. Even just 24 hour jaunts. It's weird. 

Every now and then you hear one of these idiot pundits saying that Jackson is a better QB than Josh Allen......GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Cam had a charted jet after every game usually down to Atlanta. Buddy of mine was a member of his security. 

10 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

come on… takes a year or two as a backup or out of the league? Because he won’t you hope he fails? 

you’ve got to be trolling at that point 

No. Just strong opinioned. Dudes gotta reset. Learn to use his tools and develop some of the reads. He's been in the league this long and still can't read.

Year or two as a backup, btw. 

• Dislike 1

44 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

He has been able to make only a few passes to wide receivers.

Because he keeps missing open targets. Today was gross. 

I'm not taking about Mac Jones open. I'm talking like MVP open. The 1 second window. The ones he thinks he should be able to make but can't. 

Edited by Boyst62

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He has same problem as Jim Kelly has - he parties too much mostly with college crowd.

I have seen many photos of him locally in parties with dates during playing season some on dates when he was unavailable to practice.

Pls refrain from comparing Kelly to Lamar. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

Packers might as well release Aaron Rodgers or name him their backup since he & Lamar are playing about the same the last few weeks.  

That's your card?  Of all cards... You played that?

Rodgers is a much better QB. IMO he's over hyped but he's tremendous and done more than Jackson. Has a ring and multiple playoff wins.  Jackson is 1-4. 1.... And 4.  Rodgers is 12-10.

Rodgers is in the backside of his career and couldn't draw top 5 money. Jackson won an MVP which IMO he didn't deserve. Rodgers has won 4.

I can only forgive such a bizzare take if you're like 20 years old.

• Vomit 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

Rodgers is in the backside of his career and couldn't draw top 5 money. Jackson won an MVP which IMO he didn't deserve. Rodgers has won 4.

He didn't deserve. Ravens had the #1 seed. Lamar ran for like 1,200 yards and 30 passing TD's. I'd have to go back and see what other numbers QB's were putting up that year. Who deserved it that year over Jackson?

• Thank you (+1) 1

Ravens did offer lamar a ton of money he just refused it. Looking dumb now because all the pressure is on him and if he ends up falling off this season a lot of that money might be off the table altho i am aure he will still find a payday of sorts somewhere.

QBs sometimes get ejected quick from this league they can rise fast and also fall fast

There is no way this guy is elite.  He has constantly choked in games like he did today.  His MVP season was a mirage.

He is not = > Josh, Patrick, Justin and Joe & Watkins.

He does not deserve the highest contract & guaranteed money as a QB.  Nothing even close.

Sorry he is just a flash in the pan.

1 hour ago, Boyst62 said:

That's your card?  Of all cards... You played that?

Rodgers is a much better QB. IMO he's over hyped but he's tremendous and done more than Jackson. Has a ring and multiple playoff wins.  Jackson is 1-4. 1.... And 4.  Rodgers is 12-10.

I can only forgive such a bizzare take if you're like 20 years old.

I guess I'll have to translate.  If you think so little of Lamar Jackson you know nothing about football.  Only a complete know nothing would claim he should be a backup.  I tried using sarcasm instead of calling you a know nothing because I didn't want to get personal, but I guess you didn't get it so next time I'll just call you what you are since you have no problem insulting others.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.