Ravens and Lamar do not reach contract agreement

Steel City Mafia

Lamar isn't worth more $$$ than Mahomes or Allen, but neither are any of the QB's getting paid more than them right now. Lamar is sitting in that Dak and Kirk Thuggins tier, former MVP or not. We'll see how it plays out, but a Franchise Tag followed by a trade wouldn't shock me depending on how things play out this offseason. 

This is honestly insane for a franchise QB to tweet.  

Lamar is fun to watch, and by all accounts - a good guy, but I’d be out on the type of contract he’s looking for.  

On play alone, I’d be out..  but apparently he’s also as mature as a teenage boy. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Agree 3

11 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Yeah but only one stands to lose tens of millions of dollars over it

His performance on the field today did that. If he completes more than 50% of his passes and played better then he would less likely to have to point out to a twitter users that they in fact eat dick. 

Regarding Raven's WR's and Jackson one must consider that the team had to design an offense with Greg Roman and his running scheme in order to best use Jackson. It's pretty obvious that he has his limitations in the passing game. Good free agent WR's aren't normally standing in line to sign with the Ravens so not only is their passing game somewhat limited by Jackson but they typically don't have the best WR's. A good defense will limit Jackson's effectiveness and make it clear that he's no 40 million a year guy. To guarantee him anything more than half of his yet to be negotiated contract what with his forte being running the ball seems like a foolish move. 

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When you get right down to it, telling a fan to eff off is free speech. What's shocking is that level of frankness from an athlete.

Sure, but I own a business.. If I want to tell a client to eat a d!ck, that’s my right… not great for my bottom line though. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, AlfaBill said:

Didn’t mean to start a race thing. It’s just when JA tweeted some rap lyrics as a teenager he was roasted. What a pro athlete adult male can tweet should be be tolerated. 

I don't think what you wrote is what you meant. Anyway, pros and especially pros who are name QB's do their perceptions and their pocketbooks real damage by acting like jerks and making comments that can be construed as inappropriate or lewd. These guys need to protect their image in order to cash in now and after they retire. Guys like Peyton Manning and Shaq are good examples for big name athletes to emulate. 

13 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Sure, but I own a business.. If I want to tell a client to eat a d!ck, that’s my right… not great for my bottom line though. 

I read it differently.  I don’t think he told the dude to eat a dick….I think he believes the guy has already done plenty of that.  

• Haha (+1) 5

35 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

His performance on the field today did that. If he completes more than 50% of his passes and played better then he would less likely to have to point out to a twitter users that they in fact eat dick. 

This tweet is going to cost him more than any mediocre performance on a given Sunday

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, GoBills808 said:

This tweet is going to cost him more than any mediocre performance on a given Sunday

I don’t know… If the Ravens don’t pay him, someone will.  

If he wants to be the highest paid QB in the league, he’ll get it.   As far as fully guaranteed money, will have to see if an owner is willing to break ranks.   Pretty sure they were none too happy with the Browns for the Watson deal. 

15 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Doubtful. It won't be from Baltimore, but teams will be lining up to pay a former MVP QB. 

I can't see a team passing on Lamar because he told a guy that he eats ***** when there are numerous criminals in the league (which is fine by me; i want to see the best athletes compete, i dont care if they are good people)

Edited by uticaclub

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Yikes face of the franchise

Holy crap.  If that really did come from Lamar, that's shocking to say the least.  

First off, you're an NFL quarterback.  You're watched every day by millions upon millions of people.  Fans are gonna be fans and often times say crazy things.  But that wasn't even that big of a deal!  I'm thinking someone just caught him on a bad day or something.....if he got that upset over that trivial comment, I'd hate to see his reply to something seriously mean or personal or spiteful......jeez

4 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

Holy crap.  If that really did come from Lamar, that's shocking to say the least.  

First off, you're an NFL quarterback.  You're watched every day by millions upon millions of people.  Fans are gonna be fans and often times say crazy things.  But that wasn't even that big of a deal!  I'm thinking someone just caught him on a bad day or something.....if he got that upset over that trivial comment, I'd hate to see his reply to something seriously mean or personal or spiteful......jeez

He deleted it. Still can’t believe he said it.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Victory Formation said:

Keep in mind that QBs get paid stupid money and he is easily a top 10 QB.

Question. If we didn’t have Josh Allen and Lamar was a FA, how much would you offer him?

I wouldn't be in the market for him. This is a passing league. I don't care about the MVP or how athletic he is. He's got a ceiling over his head in how far he can take you and will decline more rapidly than just about any QB in the league. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.