2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

6 hours ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Now do the Bills weapons. You don't honestly think the Bills have better weapons than the Chiefs, do you?

Did I say that? 

The point was already made on Buffalo. I was simply pointing out that Kansas City's receivers are pretty meh. People like to imagine they have all these weapons.... but they have Mahomes. He makes it look like those guys are better than they are. I think JuJu and Gabe are pretty much a wash. After that they are deeper with JAGs than we are. But they are JAGs all the same. 

I just think the impression that the Chiefs have all these brilliant weapons and anyone makes it work is wrong. Two or three years ago when Pat missed a spell of games what happened was Robinson, Pringle and Hardman (their complimentary receivers) all but disappeared from the offense and Matt Moore (backup QB at the time) depended even more heavily on Hill and Kelce. If the same happened now rather than being two elite guys and a bunch of JAGs it is one elite guy and a bunch of JAGs. I was simply making the point that I think it would be harder now for [enter name of journeyman backup] to keep that offense afloat and the Chiefs offense has to stay afloat because they can't win on defense.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, NUT said:

Mahomes just won MVP. Even with a stupid number of INT's.

He will get the yards record and probably the 1 seed. So sick of him.

well if he doesn’t get the one seed Allen should win it. Mahomes cost his team in the biggest games this year.  His total yards and total TD’s are not blowing anyone out.

Passing yardage record in a 17 game season is less significant. He would need to set the new record by an additional 300+ yards for it to be meaningful. 

• Disagree 1

• transplantbillsfan changed the title to 2022 MVP: Allen won't win, but should he? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

Mahomes obviously will win MVP. I don't know that he should, but he will.

Meanwhile it felt like Allen had to play this season with one arm tied behind his back and yet in only 16 games he still ended the season with 42 TDs and over 5000 yards.

Beginning of the season there was so much talk about how great this roster is when, in reality, it's pretty clear it's a roster that rides on its QB's back. It must have been so nice for Allen and the offense to see Hines score those 2 kickoff returns. Nice relief.

Time for a Super Bowl run and for Allen to get truly out of the shadow of Mahomes and win a Super Bowl MVP.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

Too many turnovers. He really needs to learn to take the easy play. Not every play has to make the highlight film. Every time they get to the redzone he is throwing it 20 yards into the end zone. You know it's possible to get 5 yards per play and still score.

I wouldn't be surprised if Josh ended up 4th in the MVP voting.

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Agree 1

On 12/31/2022 at 2:20 AM, GunnerBill said:

Did I say that? 

The point was already made on Buffalo. I was simply pointing out that Kansas City's receivers are pretty meh. People like to imagine they have all these weapons.... but they have Mahomes. He makes it look like those guys are better than they are. I think JuJu and Gabe are pretty much a wash. After that they are deeper with JAGs than we are. But they are JAGs all the same. 

I just think the impression that the Chiefs have all these brilliant weapons and anyone makes it work is wrong. Two or three years ago when Pat missed a spell of games what happened was Robinson, Pringle and Hardman (their complimentary receivers) all but disappeared from the offense and Matt Moore (backup QB at the time) depended even more heavily on Hill and Kelce. If the same happened now rather than being two elite guys and a bunch of JAGs it is one elite guy and a bunch of JAGs. I was simply making the point that I think it would be harder now for [enter name of journeyman backup] to keep that offense afloat and the Chiefs offense has to stay afloat because they can't win on defense.

Do you feel that the onlines are similar in their levels of performance?

I have absolutely nothing to back this up.  Nothing.

However, in my heart of hearts Josh Allen is the MVP.

Why?

Again, with nothing to back it up other than my soul, I truly believe if nothing else is different and either Mahomes or Burroughs is QB of this team we are 11-5 at the very best.  I think if you put Josh on those other two teams he is 15-2 in KC and 13-3 in Cincy.

...and I really think highly of both Mahomes and Burroughs.  They are both great QBs.  They are both a pleasure to watch.

It boggles my mind the adversity this team has gone through this year and it is mystifying how others can't see that and realize not only what he brings to the table for this franchise, but for the league, in general.  I don't care that he doesn't have the very best numbers (especially when compared to "ideal conditions Charlies" that QB around this league).  He IS the human highlight reel at the position.

Just my 2 cents.

Go Bills!

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I have absolutely nothing to back this up.  Nothing.

However, in my heart of hearts Josh Allen is the MVP.

Why?

Again, with nothing to back it up other than my soul, I truly believe if nothing else is different and either Mahomes or Burroughs is QB of this team we are 11-5 at the very best.  I think if you put Josh on those other two teams he is 15-2 in KC and 13-3 in Cincy.

...and I really think highly of both Mahomes and Burroughs.  They are both great QBs.  They are both a pleasure to watch.

It boggles my mind the adversity this team has gone through this year and it is mystifying how others can't see that and realize not only what he brings to the table for this franchise, but for the league, in general.  I don't care that he doesn't have the very best numbers (especially when compared to "ideal conditions Charlies" that QB around this league).  He IS the human highlight reel at the position.

Just my 2 cents.

Go Bills!

I just need a minute.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bvbjiyh0gyw0jbe9nsb

• Haha (+1) 1

Before this thread becomes the afterthought it's going to become as Mahomes wins MVP, may we just take a moment to consider that despite starting 16 games instead of 17 and playing even less when you factor Josh sitting large chunks of the Titans and Steelers games (did Mahomes even take a seat this year?) Allen has 3 fewer TDs, 2 more INTs, 500 fewer total yards and the same number of wins.

All while dealing with an elbow injury and everything else this team had to deal with during the season.

Milano finally and miraculously got his much deserved All Pro spot. Maybe Allen gets a bunch of deserved MVP votes.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Before this thread becomes the afterthought it's going to become as Mahomes wins MVP, may we just take a moment to consider that despite starting 16 games instead of 17 and playing even less when you factor Josh sitting large chunks of the Titans and Steelers games (did Mahomes even take a seat this year?) Allen has 3 fewer TDs, 2 more INTs, 500 fewer total yards and the same number of wins.

All while dealing with an elbow injury and everything else this team had to deal with during the season.

Milano finally and miraculously got his much deserved All Pro spot. Maybe Allen gets a bunch of deserved MVP votes.

That elbow injury cost him. Also it will never help that he plays in a division that plays better defense imo. 

Edited by dma0034

1 hour ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Yes, when you break down the numbers the difference really is negligible. Not to mention that the loss of Von meant that the D got less stops and therefore Josh had a bit less of the ball. 

Anyway, I'm sure Josh has his eye on a much bigger prize than MVP so he probably won't be too disappointed.

• 4 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.