2022 MVP: Mahomes wins. Allen gets 1 vote? (42 TDs, 19 TOs, 315 YPG & 63.3%% Comp %--EOY talk 54+)

transplantbillsfan

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

How exactly does Mahomes stop the coaches from the 13 seconds disaster? And if his defense this year allowed 27+ to the Bengals he would have lost the AFCCG. This is a clueless post.

It’s much like Tom Brady in New England… he just willed his team to win. 

No defensive adjustments, good OL play, solid run game, etc. 

He just convinced guys to win. 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

It’s much like Tom Brady in New England… he just willed his team to win. 

No defensive adjustments, good OL play, solid run game, etc. 

He just convinced guys to win. 

The sad thing is Allen willed his team to win in the divisional round last year and McDermott still screwed it up. He really blew our biggest chance and nothing changed this year.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

How exactly does Mahomes stop the coaches from the 13 seconds disaster? And if his defense this year allowed 27+ to the Bengals he would have lost the AFCCG. This is a clueless post.

The same way Mahomes won against the Bengals with a high ankle sprain and half his WR core out. Some guys find a way to win. 

Mahomes, who hurt his ankle against Jacksonville in the divisional round, threw for 326 yards and two touchdowns, even though he was missing three of his wide receivers to injuries by the end.

Edited by Awwufelloff

11 hours ago, Andy1 said:

Mahomes is great but equally important is he has had a great team, GM and coach propelling his success. Bills are still playing catch-up in those areas around Josh. 

So you're saying the Bills don't have a great team, GM, and coach?

As far as offensive weapons, Mahomes has Kelce. That's about it.  They traded away one of the best WRs in football and he still threw for over 5K yards and 40 TDs.

We don't have to downplay what the Bills have to somehow make it look like Mahomes is just a product of a good team.  The Bills were the team favored to win the SB, not the Chiefs.

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, Mahomes was on one leg, throwing to a bunch of nobodies, sans Kelce, in the AFC Championship game and STILL made the plays that needed to be made when they needed them. People can dismiss what he brings to the field and say “it’s mostly Andy Reid,” but those are just thinly veiled ways to discredit Mahomes.
Would Pat be as successful if he was on another team? If he was drafted by the Bills? Maybe not initially, but I fully believe he would’ve figured it out, even if the playcalling wasn’t Reid-like. They used to say the same stuff about Brady, “put him on any other team and he’s an average QB” and then the guy goes and wins the Super Bowl with the Bucs as a 40 year old.

Great players will be great players no matter where they end up. And Mahomes is a great one. That’s to take nothing away from Allen, but our QB just isn’t on Mahomes’ level yet. And the reason isn’t simply “Andy Reid.” He can get there, but his approach to the game has to change. He has to become more cerebral pre and post snap.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

Three criticisms of Allen:

#1 has hurt his right UCL in 2/5 seasons
#2 rarely takes the check-down leading to suboptimal completion %
#3 too many TOs

#1 Allen hasn't missed a game in 4 straight seasons including in 8 straight playoff games. To list an injury as the #1 criticism of Allen is just plain wrong and incomprehensible to any thinking football fan.

#2 Allen takes the check down completion when it's worth taking.  This is a stat that those that want to trash Allen throw out there. 

#3  Allen's INT numbers are in line with other aggressive, elite QB's (see Mahomes & Burrow).  His fumbles are a direct result of his having to run the ball more then most QB's.  On top of that Allen works behind one of the worst O lines in football. The strip sack is always a risk with this line and Allen trying to make plays downfield.

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

Do people forget what Mahomes did this yr? The best WR in the NFL was traded and replaced with average WRS and he blew everyone away for MVP. Last week against the Bengals he has a high ankle sprain and half his WR core goes out injured and still pulls out the W. Mahomes is the next Brady. Allen isn't in that tier...

And Allen did his numbers with a terrible OC, a pathetic oline, no running game, and a damaged UCL. I guess you forgot that.,,

3 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I mean, Mahomes was on one leg, throwing to a bunch of nobodies, sans Kelce, in the AFC Championship game and STILL made the plays that needed to be made when they needed them. People can dismiss what he brings to the field and say “it’s mostly Andy Reid,” but those are just thinly veiled ways to discredit Mahomes.
Would Pat be as successful if he was on another team? If he was drafted by the Bills? Maybe not initially, but I fully believe he would’ve figured it out, even if the playcalling wasn’t Reid-like. They used to say the same stuff about Brady, “put him on any other team and he’s an average QB” and then the guy goes and wins the Super Bowl with the Bucs as a 40 year old.

Great players will be great players no matter where they end up. And Mahomes is a great one. That’s to take nothing away from Allen, but our QB just isn’t on Mahomes’ level yet. And the reason isn’t simply “Andy Reid.” He can get there, but his approach to the game has to change. He has to become more cerebral pre and post snap.

Anyone who disagrees with this post is incorrect or a homer. 100% agree. Case in point is Brady. Coaching/scheme it didn't matter. When you're elite, you're elite. It doesn't matter what team you play on. Same applies to every sport.

Edited by Awwufelloff
  • Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

The same way Mahomes won against the Bengals with a high ankle sprain and half his WR core out. Some guys find a way to win. 

Mahomes found a way to lose against the Bengals in the playoffs last year. Quite literally he was the primary reason they lost. This year his defense was the primary reason they won. This post is a joke and you know it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

Mahomes found a way to lose against the Bengals in the playoffs last year. Quite literally he was the primary reason they lost. This year his defense was the primary reason they won. This post is a joke and you know it.

Of course you're not going to win every yr but Mahomes more often than not finds a way to win, just like Brady did. The all time greats do it consistently. Allen isn't at that level no matter how much we want him to be. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Awwufelloff said:

Mahomes, who hurt his ankle against Jacksonville in the divisional round, threw for 326 yards and two touchdowns, even though he was missing three of his wide receivers to injuries by the end.

Yea Mahomes sure looked good behind an offensive line that protected him.

It's possible to believe two things here:

1)  Mahomes is a great QB who is elite.  Allen is also a great QB who is elite.

2) Mahomes has benefited and his play has been taken to the next level because he has been surrounded with much better offensive talent & coaching then Allen has since day 1.

I believe that if Mahomes & Allen switched teams they would both continue to be elite in comparison to other NFL QB's.  The difference would be that Allen would likely be playing in his 2nd or 3rd Super Bowl while Mahomes was leading the Bills to the playoffs every year but struggling to get them over the top.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

And Allen did his numbers with a terrible OC, a pathetic oline, no running game, and a damaged UCL. I guess you forgot that.,,

OK, so what are you saying?  That Allen should've been MVP over Mahomes when Mahomes has better numbers and did it minus one of the best receivers in football?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He single handedly lost them the Bengals game lol.

Allen had maybe the best two game stretch by a QB in NFL playoff history last year. But yea, we would have won the Superbowl with a different QB.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

I mean, Mahomes was on one leg, throwing to a bunch of nobodies, sans Kelce, in the AFC Championship game and STILL made the plays that needed to be made when they needed them.

See the problem is I actually watched the game so I don't fall for this crap. In the 2nd half Mahomes made a number of mistakes and bad throws that invited the Bengals back into the game. If his defense hadn't stepped up it would have been two years in a row with the same ending. If Allen led his offense to 23 points against the Bengals we would have lost by at least 2 scores. It's weird how quick certain people on here are to point out Allen's mistakes, but Mahomes' mistakes dont matter because he "willed his team to win." I guess he willed Chad Henne to a 98 yard TD drive the week before too.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Awwufelloff said:

Do people forget what Mahomes did this yr? The best WR in the NFL was traded and replaced with average WRS and he blew everyone away for MVP. Last week against the Bengals he has a high ankle sprain and half his WR core goes out injured and still pulls out the W. Mahomes is the next Brady. Allen isn't in that tier...

I actually unironically agree with this now. The way he dinks and dunks from behind an elite OL and watches his WRs get tons of YAC is vintage Brady.

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

Give KC's defense some credit. They got after Burrow pretty good. I don't necessarily think KC's defense is all that great, but they played better than the Bills defense did in these playoffs. But to your point about Mahomes. He is the best QB in the league and deserved to win the MVP award. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

See the problem is I actually watched the game so I don't fall for this crap. In the 2nd half Mahomes made a number of mistakes and bad throws that invited the Bengals back into the game. If his defense hadn't stepped up it would have been two years in a row with the same ending. If Allen led his offense to 23 points against the Bengals we would have lost by at least 2 scores. It's weird how quick certain people on here are to point out Allen's mistakes, but Mahomes' mistakes dont matter because he "willed his team to win." I guess he willed Chad Henne to a 98 yard TD drive the week before too.

Are you saying Mahomes didn’t make the plays that needed to be made when they needed them? Because that was my point. His defense stepped up, no question, but who’s to say if they didn’t step up, Mahomes would’ve made the same mistakes or missed all those throws in the 2nd half? 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.