Jump to content

Tre White to PUP list, out first 4 games


YoloinOhio
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

 

 

He hasn't practiced.  That game is in 2 weeks

 

October 30 v GB at the earliest.  

 

I'd like to have Benford back by KC.

 

 

Need Tre for the high powered Lions on Thanksgiving 

 

That's something I didn't see coming...Lions are the best offense in the NFL both in terms of yards and points.

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Depends on when the Bills want to start the clock.  Don’t they have 21 days to use or lose him once he starts practicing?

 

“Once a player leaves the reserve/PUP list, he has up to 21 days to return to the 53-man roster. He can practice with the team until he’s taken off the list. If the player still isn’t able to play in games after the 21-day span, he’ll stay on the reserve/PUP list for the rest of the season.”

 

Yeah...basically they can remove him from the list at any point but they better be damn sure he will be ready to play within 21 days at that point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Depends on when the Bills want to start the clock.  Don’t they have 21 days to use or lose him once he starts practicing?

 

“Once a player leaves the reserve/PUP list, he has up to 21 days to return to the 53-man roster. He can practice with the team until he’s taken off the list. If the player still isn’t able to play in games after the 21-day span, he’ll stay on the reserve/PUP list for the rest of the season.”

Curious if the bye week has any implications to the 21 days or not.

 

Also, are players not allowed in meetings or is it just practice that they can't attend?  Too lazy to look up at midnight. 

 

Edited by The Wiz
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

 

 

He hasn't practiced.  That game is in 2 weeks

 

October 30 v GB at the earliest.  

 

I'd like to have Benford back by KC.

 

 

Need Tre for the high powered Lions on Thanksgiving 


I suspect he will be playing against KC…

 

  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

 

 

He hasn't practiced.  That game is in 2 weeks

 

October 30 v GB at the earliest.  

 

I'd like to have Benford back by KC.

 

 

Need Tre for the high powered Lions on Thanksgiving 

Why would he need more than 2 weeks of practice? KC is the big one.

  • Agree 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

People completely overrate practice for a guy that has been in the system for multiple years.  

 

As soon as the knee is healed, he will be on the field.

 

He is probably in the best shape of his life and knows the system.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

People completely overrate practice for a guy that has been in the system for multiple years.  

 

As soon as the knee is healed, he will be on the field.

 

He is probably in the best shape of his life and knows the system.

 

Agree. He doesn't need to practice to get into shape. He is allowed to do that now while on PUP. He can work out. He isn't allowed to do any football stuff. But as you say, vet, been in the system 5 years.... while you may want to have him on a pitch count the first couple of weeks to let him get used to the exertions of a football game the idea that he needs 2 or 3 weeks of practice before he can get on the field is for the birds I think. 

 

Anyone know when we find out? Is it today or tomorrow that they can activate him? I repeat what I said last week... if he is not activated this week then there has been a setback we have not been told about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

Looks like Beane/McD have played this right so far.  We won 3 out of the first 4 games w/o Tre, and we dominated the Miami game w/o him as well.  Whether they play him or not against Pit, keeping the fingers crossed that he’ll be ready for the KC game.


If he’s cleared to play, give him some snaps against Pittsburgh. 

  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Agree. He doesn't need to practice to get into shape. He is allowed to do that now while on PUP. He can work out. He isn't allowed to do any football stuff. But as you say, vet, been in the system 5 years.... while you may want to have him on a pitch count the first couple of weeks to let him get used to the exertions of a football game the idea that he needs 2 or 3 weeks of practice before he can get on the field is for the birds I think. 

 

Anyone know when we find out? Is it today or tomorrow that they can activate him? I repeat what I said last week... if he is not activated this week then there has been a setback we have not been told about. 

 

I think they have a couple weeks to remove him from the PUP list.

 

If he gets put on IR, then there was a serious set back.  As of right now, it hasn't even been 11 full months since the surgery date.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:


If he’s cleared to play, give him some snaps against Pittsburgh. 

 

Not that easy because then he has to take up a roster spot.  We don't have many spots in the CB to play with right now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Agree. He doesn't need to practice to get into shape. He is allowed to do that now while on PUP. He can work out. He isn't allowed to do any football stuff. But as you say, vet, been in the system 5 years.... while you may want to have him on a pitch count the first couple of weeks to let him get used to the exertions of a football game the idea that he needs 2 or 3 weeks of practice before he can get on the field is for the birds I think. 

 

Anyone know when we find out? Is it today or tomorrow that they can activate him? I repeat what I said last week... if he is not activated this week then there has been a setback we have not been told about. 

More likely a snap count. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Agree. He doesn't need to practice to get into shape. He is allowed to do that now while on PUP. He can work out. He isn't allowed to do any football stuff. But as you say, vet, been in the system 5 years.... while you may want to have him on a pitch count the first couple of weeks to let him get used to the exertions of a football game the idea that he needs 2 or 3 weeks of practice before he can get on the field is for the birds I think. 

 

Anyone know when we find out? Is it today or tomorrow that they can activate him? I repeat what I said last week... if he is not activated this week then there has been a setback we have not been told about. 

Yea, you and I talked about this a little last week and are displeasure on how McD and co communicate injuries IE "Phillips being day to day" when it was known to be more serious.

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Back2Buff said:

 

I think they have a couple weeks to remove him from the PUP list.

 

If he gets put on IR, then there was a serious set back.  As of right now, it hasn't even been 11 full months since the surgery date.

 

They do. But if they remove him from the PUP list today and he plays on Sunday that would already be almost exactly 10 months from his surgery. That is the high end of what you'd consider normal for a "standard" ACL with no other damage. If he doesn't come off for another week and we are into the 11th month since the surgery I start to think that he has not been "on schedule" the entire time and somewhere there was a setback. 

2 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

Yea, you and I talked about this a little last week and are displeasure on how McD and co communicate injuries IE "Phillips being day to day" when it was known to be more serious.

 

That wound me up maybe more than it should have done but I honestly swore out loud when I heard him say that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

 

They do. But if they remove him from the PUP list today and he plays on Sunday that would already be almost exactly 10 months from his surgery. That is the high end of what you'd consider normal for a "standard" ACL with no other damage. If he doesn't come off for another week and we are into the 11th month since the surgery I start to think that he has not been "on schedule" the entire time and somewhere there was a setback. 

 

We already know it wasn't a standard tear which puts his timeline in the 10-12 month time table so he is currently right in the middle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Back2Buff said:

 

We already know it wasn't a standard tear which puts his timeline in the 10-12 month time table so he is currently right in the middle.

 

Did we? Where was that said? The initial line from the team was standard ACL tear no damage to surrounding ligaments. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

Not that easy because then he has to take up a roster spot.  We don't have many spots in the CB to play with right now.

 

If there's a week to do it, this is it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Big Turk said:

That's something I didn't see coming...Lions are the best offense in the NFL both in terms of yards and points.

Gaining the most yards and scoring the most point don't necessarily make you "the best" when you are getting a lot of that in 4th quarters in games you are down in.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

Agree. He doesn't need to practice to get into shape. He is allowed to do that now while on PUP. He can work out. He isn't allowed to do any football stuff. But as you say, vet, been in the system 5 years.... while you may want to have him on a pitch count the first couple of weeks to let him get used to the exertions of a football game the idea that he needs 2 or 3 weeks of practice before he can get on the field is for the birds I think. 

 

Anyone know when we find out? Is it today or tomorrow that they can activate him? I repeat what I said last week... if he is not activated this week then there has been a setback we have not been told about. 

I'd bet he starts practicing with the team this week and if he's playing this week they'll wait till late in the week to activate him.

  • Like (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Back2Buff said:

People completely overrate practice for a guy that has been in the system for multiple years.  

 

As soon as the knee is healed, he will be on the field.

 

He is probably in the best shape of his life and knows the system.

 

This may be true, but at the same time there's a difference between being in shape, and being in NFL tackling shape.

 

The Bills' D depends heavily on the CBs being strong, solid tacklers, and tackling is a little like boxing in some ways. No matter how good your strength and aerobic training is, you can't just step into the ring and expect to take a lot of shots from a professional boxer. Your body can't take it right away, it takes time to adjust to being hit.

 

I suspect the same is true for defensive players in the NFL. Tackling is hard on the body, especially on the knees when you're trying to stop a large, fast human from moving forward.

 

I agree with some who say if he's ready to come back, he should be gradually eased into it with a snap count.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...