Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

19 minutes ago, muppy said:

lmao Touche'

🙂

I will have a basic fit if they trot Hart anywhere near the line Josh Allen is playing behind.  Unless he has majorly upped his game from last season.  Dude was on skates it was really Really bad from what I can remember

i know they switched Hart to guard, but I agree: I never want to see him ever again. It’s amazing how he always sneaks back onto the roster. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

Oh yeah.  I’m sure Terry strong armed McDermott.  “Play him or else.”  Lol. 

You think about this in an odd way, no one is strong arming anyone, they all know it’s about the money, and they all conduct themselves accordingly. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

You think about this in an odd way, no one is strong arming anyone, they all know it’s about the money, and they all conduct themselves accordingly. 

At this point last year the projected o-line had way more time together in training camp, Allen had a more intact WR core from the season before, and we had the same offensive coordinator.  That's a better explanation of why he's starting preseason week 2 instead of waiting until game 3 rather than we're only doing this to appease our fans.

• Like (+1) 2

I think Allen still pissed Elway passed him up at 5 lol. I Def want to be at the next game in Denver I'm sure mile high is backed with a lot of josh fans. 

I'm kidding I know it has to do with the fans in buffalo and maybe just wanting a look. But a small part of me wishes my reason is why.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Rewatching the Colts game I'm interested to see more of some non-starters:

1) Kingsley Jonathan looks style-wise an awful lot like Von - quick off the line, bends to get low around the tackle on the edge, has a power counter as well. Hope that nobody else notices this and Bills can get him through to the practice squad. There seems to be some tools there for a true edge.

2) Terrell Bernard didn't really look the part in a majority of his reps. A step slow and/or a touch small. Wondering if that's nerves or a truer representation than camp.

3) Isaiah Hodgins to see what he's bringing to special teams reps. I suspect the staff wants to see some adequacy. If Kumerow is as much better than Hodgins on ST as he is over Kumerow at receiver, that tiebreaker should go to Hodgins for #5/6.

4) Baylon Spector for the same reason, if he can be a core-4 teamer, he's in. Won by being instinctive and decisive and some traits to work with.

5) Nick McCloud didn't really live up to his hype as a bubble DB against Indy.

6) Brandin Bryant and Prince Emili won more reps than I was expecting against Indy, can they do it again?

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 4

13 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

1) Kingsley Jonathan looks style-wise an awful lot like Von - quick off the line, bends to get low around the tackle on the edge, has a power counter as well. Hope that nobody else notices this and Bills can get him through to the practice squad. There seems to be some tools there for a true edge.

2) Terrell Bernard didn't really look the part in a majority of his reps. A step slow and/or a touch small. Wondering if that's nerves or a truer representation than camp.

3) Isaiah Hodgins to see what he's bringing to special teams reps. I suspect the staff wants to see some adequacy. If Kumerow is as much better than Hodgins on ST as he is over Kumerow at receiver, that tiebreaker should go to Hodgins for #5/6.

4) Baylon Spector for the same reason, if he can be a core-4 teamer, he's in. Won by being instinctive and decisive and some traits to work with.

6) Brandin Bryant and Prince Emili won more reps than I was expecting against Indy, can they do it again?

Terrel Bernard didn’t look the part?

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

Terrel Bernard didn’t look the part?

Just didn't think performed on a lot of reps. He had the big play and that gets the press but the body of work, in my opinion, wasn't as stellar.

Maybe it's the same system that makes Edmunds look that way too haha.

34 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

I was off the grid and saw nothing, but I'm wondering how the new Boogie looked if you happened to have an eye on him?

With the way he finally started whipping people when he should have been hitting the rookie wall and now having a full year of pro study and conditioning, he's got me sort of intrigued.

• Agree 2

34 minutes ago, Simon said:

I was off the grid and saw nothing, but I'm wondering how the new Boogie looked if you happened to have an eye on him?

With the way he finally started whipping people when he should have been hitting the rookie wall and now having a full year of pro study and conditioning, he's got me sort of intrigued.

I didn't see Basham as a guy who'd be able to win with speed in his body of work last year but he did that on the sack/strip. His get-off from the snap was so fast he must have been timing it but he won the rep immediately. If he adds that upfield threat, I do think he's a closer like Rousseau or Von, once he gets there he's making the play.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

I actually like we’ll see some of the 1st stringers, but hopefully only one series, and make sure the starting line is in there to protect Allen.  Note to Allen, ITS A MEANINGLESS GAME, SLIDE, TAKE A SACK, DONT DO A DAMN THING TO GET YOURSELF HURT!  I’m sure McD will be in his headset from time to time to not run for extra yards.  I’m betting Diggs will be in Bubble wrap on the sidelines like he was last year.

I want what I think most of you want in seeing a lot of Benford, Elam, Bernard, all the new D Linemen not name Von, and they young RB and WRs.  I’ll have to check as I do t know when it airs on NFLN.  

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

At this point last year the projected o-line had way more time together in training camp, Allen had a more intact WR core from the season before, and we had the same offensive coordinator.  That's a better explanation of why he's starting preseason week 2 instead of waiting until game 3 rather than we're only doing this to appease our fans.

It’s all a factor, it’s not one without the other, 

12 hours ago, Don Otreply said:

Exactly, this incessant pearl clutching is just asinine,  become a pickle ball fan if this is to much for you, 

Go Bills!!!

Lots of broken hips in pickleball...falls and osteoporosis are a poor combination. 

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

In the 'old days' of four preseason games it was always the penultimate game that the starters saw the most action, and then they were rested in the final game as the last spots on the roster were up for grabs.  If I were to guess I would say that Josh and the majority of starters see little to no action next week in Carolina.

Edited by Son of a K-Gun

4 minutes ago, Son of a K-Gun said:

Lots of broken hips in pickleball...falls and osteoporosis is a poor combination. 

In the 'old days' of four preseason games it was always the penultimate game that the starters saw the most action, and then they were rested in the final game as the last spots on the roster were up for grabs.  If I were to guess I would say that Josh and the majority of starters see little to no action next week in Carolina.

Full contact pickle ball is something to behold,

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

I really liked him, he was consistently collapsing the pocket.  He went to Syracuse right?  Depending on his injury, we could keep him on the roster.

Von, Rousseau, Boogie, AJ, Shaq  and then if we keep 6 it's either Mike Love or Kingsley.  But PS at least for sure

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I actually like we’ll see some of the 1st stringers, but hopefully only one series, and make sure the starting line is in there to protect Allen.  Note to Allen, ITS A MEANINGLESS GAME, SLIDE, TAKE A SACK, DONT DO A DAMN THING TO GET YOURSELF HURT!  I’m sure McD will be in his headset from time to time to not run for extra yards.  I’m betting Diggs will be in Bubble wrap on the sidelines like he was last year.

I want what I think most of you want in seeing a lot of Benford, Elam, Bernard, all the new D Linemen not name Von, and they young RB and WRs.  I’ll have to check as I do t know when it airs on NFLN.  

Under no circumstances should Josh run. Throw the ball away if the play isn't there. 

• Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I really liked him, he was consistently collapsing the pocket.  He went to Syracuse right?  Depending on his injury, we could keep him on the roster.

Von, Rousseau, Boogie, AJ, Shaq  and then if we keep 6 it's either Mike Love or Kingsley.  But PS at least for sure

Kingsley: "Injury? What injury?"

McDermott: "The one you're going to have in practice before cutdown day."

Jonathan, Shakir, Spector, Hodgins, Blackshear were all guys that all really popped, and of those only Shakir figures to be a lock. I'm hoping they can find a way to keep all on PS at least but this game tape is going to get around the league, but even if it only gets to New Jersey, they might need to roster a couple more on the 53 to keep them as Bills.

36 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Under no circumstances should Josh run. Throw the ball away if the play isn't there. 

I am guessing that no #17 run plays occur in preseason. He doesnt need to put his body on the line when the results are not that significant. His coaches I think will agree with me as would Josh. He's a very smart cookie I just dont think #17 is dumb enough to take unnecessary risks either. I just dont believe he will/would at this juncture. I refuse to live in fear of what "might" happen when he plays.

Edited by muppy

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.