Preseason week 2: Broncos at Bills

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I get the reasons for playing them, but do think the starters, especially Allen, should sit. Knock the rust off and iron out any lingering communication issues in the 1st quarter against the Rams if need be. 

Sure, injuries can happen anytime, but that does not mean playing them isn’t risking a lot. Last thing a team with Super Bowl aspirations needs is a significant injury or heaven forbid losing a key player for the season before it starts. 

I'd rather they knock the rust off against the Broncos than Aaron Donald.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

I get the reasons for playing them, but do think the starters, especially Allen, should sit. Knock the rust off and iron out any lingering communication issues in the 1st quarter against the Rams if need be. 

Sure, injuries can happen anytime, but that does not mean playing them isn’t risking a lot. Last thing a team with Super Bowl aspirations needs is a significant injury or heaven forbid losing a key player for the season before it starts. 

I see that you and McD do not subscribe to the same “Championship Mentality “

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2022/08/why-the-bills-are-playing-josh-allen-vs-broncos-on-saturday-in-2nd-preseason-game.html

Allen has mentioned several times how important it is for him to get used to hearing Dorsey’s voice in his helmet during the game.

“Josh will be hearing a new voice in his ear as well,” McDermott said. “That’s certainly one of the (reasons he’s playing). And it’s probably, I don’t know how big it is, but it’s one of them. ... I think there’s a lot that we want to put into practice in a game that we’ve been practicing.”

McDermott said that Allen and most of the starters will play a healthy amount. He didn’t specify whether that will mean multiple series or when he’ll pull them out of the game.

Personally I think they want to get Allen and the offense some reps against a defense other than the Bills

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I'd rather they knock the rust off against the Broncos than Aaron Donald.

I’d rather it be against one Aaron Donald than 53 Broncos. 

4 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I see that you and McD do not subscribe to the same “Championship Mentality “

Couldn’t not read that in Milton’s voice haha

(Edit: You ever think of a great comeback later on? Mine is “Oh yeah? Something-Something-McVay-Rests-Starters-Won-Super-Bowl-Something-Something”)

- - - 

To be frank I’m going to the game so selfishly love that so many starters will be playing!

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

I like how they handled it last year waiting until the third preseason game.  The Steelers just had a good game plan and Daboll was too stubborn to go to the run earlier.  

I guess with a new OC they feel they need more than that.  Just don’t get hurt please.

Just now, Doc Brown said:

I like how they handled it last year waiting until the third preseason game.  The Steelers just had a good game plan and Daboll was too stubborn to go to the run earlier.  

I guess with a new OC they feel they need more than that.  Just don’t get hurt please.

Last year the third preseason game was the only home game.  I am guessing with the third preseason game down in Carolina this year they are getting the starters in for the home fans.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, arcane said:

I've started noticing that I don't enjoy the station most of the time it's playing.

They have a new guy on at 7pm who is pretty strong. I think his name is Zach Jones and he produces S&B, then does an hour or two solo.

• Like (+1) 1

This preseason game vs the broncos reminded me all week of our BILLS player that got hit on the kickoff. Kevin Everett #87. I thought about his sacrifice to our team. The best part of the story I remember is hear Mr. Wilson had be a contributing to to research for spine injuries and they somehow saved this young man's life and future. Truly a proud BILLS moments in a hard time for us alll. I wonder did he ever walk again. I hope so and best wishes to him and family. GOBILLS!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.