Jump to content

Kyle Brandt's new daily podcast, Josh Allen to maybe be a weekly guest.


Draconator
 Share

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Lol, I think you may be forgetting a certain- “drafting Josh Allen will take down this entire regime, quote me if I’m wrong- I won’t be” take…

 

That is my most wrong opinions. It wasn't a particularly controversial one at the time mind you, I was far from the only one. I mean opinions that I have given that I have immediately taken heat and downmarkers for. 

  • Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, PonyBoy said:

 

Gunner, other than Chris Berman, who truly was sincere through our pre Superbowl era & SB era.

 

Name any other talking head who has remotely supported, the Bills at any point for as long as Brandt? Justifiably so BTW.

 

Yeah, he's goofy, way too jacked up. I agree, it's the new age, like it or not. Flavor of the month?

But this guy has stayed the course a while to a team who has infamously & historically has not won the big one. 

Let's take what we can get, perceived shill or not. 

Michael Robinson too is a big Bills Fan

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Mattymafia said:

He was a lot of fun on bussin with the boys 

Imo that was a boring interview show, I watched most of it but couldn’t bring myself to go to the end, these guys are much better on the field than off of it, 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like KB but man, he really jumped on this bandwagon. It’s the one thing I hate about good now. Where were all these people when we were debating Losman- Holcomb or hyping up Jeff Tuel in the preseason? All these 22 year old girls where 90s SB sweatshirts not watching the game because it’s cool to like the Bills now. 
 

now get off my lawn. 

  • Haha (+1) 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like KB but man, he really jumped on this bandwagon. It’s the one thing I hate about good now. Where were all these people when we were debating Losman- Holcomb or hyping up Jeff Tuel in the preseason? All these 22 year old girls where 90s SB sweatshirts not watching the game because it’s cool to like the Bills now. 
 

now get off my lawn. 

I get it.. but he's part of the national media.. and to chide somebody from the National NFL because they didn't vocally support 7-9 Rex Ryan led Bills team on a national forum seems (and I think I am putting this nicely) unrealistic.  That Brandt in his own way (similar to MRob) have jumped on the Bills bandwagon and have made it 'fun' on a national perspective to support the Bills, is quite frankly what many of wanted/complained about when this team was mired in mediocrity let alone relevancy.   

 

As well, and I apologize, if that has been mentioned, I think Brandt's recent stance / comments on Deshawn Watson's 6 game suspension, IMHO, speaks highly of Kyle Brandt the individual.  

 

So recognizing that KB may not be everybody's 'cup o tea'... I will say he is a welcomed member to our (dysfunctional) family (mafia)

 

Go Bills!
 

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I like KB but man, he really jumped on this bandwagon. It’s the one thing I hate about good now. Where were all these people when we were debating Losman- Holcomb or hyping up Jeff Tuel in the preseason? All these 22 year old girls where 90s SB sweatshirts not watching the game because it’s cool to like the Bills now. 
 

now get off my lawn. 

I think you’re being a bit unrealistic to expect anyone outside of Buffalo fans to care about the small market Bills during a 17 year playoff drought where they played a lot of crappy and sometimes boring football. Especially national reporters. Heck, I’m sure even some of us born & raised die hard fans lost interest. 

 

There was little interest in the Bills by outside fan bases so the national media isn’t going to care. And it’s not like we really had any big rivalries either like we do now with KC. A team like Buffalo is only going to matter when they’re winning.
 

 

and I think bandwagon fans just come with the territory of being a great team. I actually take pride in the fact that the Bills are good enough to be trendy. I feel like it’s a compliment for people outside of Buffalo to care about the Bills. So as far as I’m concerned, the more (fans) the merrier! It can only be a good thing for a small market team like us. More prime time games. More media attention. More merchandise sales and money for a small market team. More advantage with away crowd numbers. 

Edited by BillsFan4
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bills92 said:

I get it.. but he's part of the national media.. and to chide somebody from the National NFL because they didn't vocally support 7-9 Rex Ryan led Bills team on a national forum seems (and I think I am putting this nicely) unrealistic.  That Brandt in his own way (similar to MRob) have jumped on the Bills bandwagon and have made it 'fun' on a national perspective to support the Bills, is quite frankly what many of wanted/complained about when this team was mired in mediocrity let alone relevancy.   

 

As well, and I apologize, if that has been mentioned, I think Brandt's recent stance / comments on Deshawn Watson's 6 game suspension, IMHO, speaks highly of Kyle Brandt the individual.  

 

So recognizing that KB may not be everybody's 'cup o tea'... I will say he is a welcomed member to our (dysfunctional) family (mafia)

 

Go Bills!
 

Most of my post was tongue in cheek. People used to think the media hated us and Buffalo in general. But we just sucked. Once we were good, the media and everyone loves Buffalo. It’s a weird feeling. I don’t remember Buffalo (the city) ever being perceived this well in my life. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Bills92 said:

Interesting.  I try to be on the fence about Brandt.. because at times I have questioned his sincerity about being a true supporter of the Bills vs. being a member of the media and is riding the bandwagon of the flavor of the day. 

 

However, I keep on coming back to him and genuinely enjoy his rallying calls for the Bills, his commentary on One Bills Live,  and it seems like his support of this organization (Beane, McDermott, Allan & Co) seems to be sincere and genuine and he wants to see the Bills. Buffalo, and it's fans win.  So his personality can be abrasive and over the top at times.. but I don't believe that qualifies him as a douchebag...  Quite frankly, I equate the douchebaggery to folks like Nick Wright and our ole pal Jerry Sullivan.....  

 

Anyhow Go Bills!

Dude, he's not a Bills fan. He's an entertainer and a damn good one. He definitely appreciates the Bills, but it's not his team. He's a Bears fan

23 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Well that is a podcast to avoid. Even Josh's presence can't make up for the douchebag. 

What??

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Dude, he's not a Bills fan. He's an entertainer and a damn good one. He definitely appreciates the Bills, but it's not his team. He's a Bears fan

What??

 

He is not entertaining. To me at least. Others may find him so, that is up to them. I just question their taste.

  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Most of my post was tongue in cheek. People used to think the media hated us and Buffalo in general. But we just sucked. Once we were good, the media and everyone loves Buffalo. It’s a weird feeling. I don’t remember Buffalo (the city) ever being perceived this well in my life. 

I agree with this.. May be selective memory, but even during the the glory years the Bills and Buffalo were not embraced nationally as much as they are today (for now) 

 

Could be fleeting.. but I think it's due to a bunch of stars aligning between the national love for  a Superhero a QB, a genuinely well run organization, and the team coming off one of the greatest games ever combined with a fanbase that either because of good or bad reasons is admired nationally..  it is reflecting well on the City. 

 

Lastly, I think another 'thing' to appreciate though is that this is a different time and age then the 90's team where the world is much more connected then it's ever been because of social media combine this with the Bills organization that has made a point of connecting with the city and its people, I think that has created the right conditions for this 'national love'.

 

Anyhow..  Go Bills!

  • Thank you (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

 

He is not entertaining. To me at least. Others may find him so, that is up to them. I just question their taste.

I really can't stand him. With his little quick quips and lame pop culture references, he's like that loud annoying drunk at the end of the bar. He's a Bears fan. He did a Bears pre-season game a few years back that was WGR cringe worthy. 

 

The kind of bandwagoners I like are the ones who've watched us suffering for years and want the Bills to finally get a ring.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Bills92 said:

I agree with this.. May be selective memory, but even during the the glory years the Bills and Buffalo were not embraced nationally as much as they are today (for now) 

 

Could be fleeting.. but I think it's due to a bunch of stars aligning between the national love for  a Superhero a QB, a genuinely well run organization, and the team coming off one of the greatest games ever combined with a fanbase that either because of good or bad reasons is admired nationally..  it is reflecting well on the City. 

 

Lastly, I think another 'thing' to appreciate though is that this is a different time and age then the 90's team where the world is much more connected then it's ever been because of social media combine this with the Bills organization that has made a point of connecting with the city and its people, I think that has created the right conditions for this 'national love'.

 

Anyhow..  Go Bills!

I feel like those late 80s early 90s bills teams were 100% embraced nationally

 

After three straight losing Super Bowl appearances I’d say they turned going into the fourth

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bills92 said:

I get it.. but he's part of the national media.. and to chide somebody from the National NFL because they didn't vocally support 7-9 Rex Ryan led Bills team on a national forum seems (and I think I am putting this nicely) unrealistic.  That Brandt in his own way (similar to MRob) have jumped on the Bills bandwagon and have made it 'fun' on a national perspective to support the Bills, is quite frankly what many of wanted/complained about when this team was mired in mediocrity let alone relevancy.   

 

As well, and I apologize, if that has been mentioned, I think Brandt's recent stance / comments on Deshawn Watson's 6 game suspension, IMHO, speaks highly of Kyle Brandt the individual.  

 

So recognizing that KB may not be everybody's 'cup o tea'... I will say he is a welcomed member to our (dysfunctional) family (mafia)

 

Go Bills!
 

I missed his comments on Watson.  Would you mind giving a quick recap?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, TBBills said:

I like how this thread became 2 pages of how Gunner doesn't like Kyle... instead of ignoring someone you don't like he goes on a crusade to show everyone. 

 

It is a LAMP post but it is still offseason.  This looks like one I saw outside RAF Molesworth on my last trip to the motherland.

 

lamppost.webp

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

I feel like those late 80s early 90s bills teams were 100% embraced nationally

 

After three straight losing Super Bowl appearances I’d say they turned going into the fourth

I dunno about that.  I feel like other  then the 1990 team at the height of the no huddle did we capture some level of positive national attention..  Previous to that, the national attention we received was around an underachieving Bickering Bills team.  

 

Furthermore, I don't believe the Bills let alone the city of Buffalo was embraced nationally. I think after that 90 season, the AFC was seen as the junior conference and the NFC championship games (especially the Cowboys / 49ers game) were seen as the 'De Facto' Superbowl. The only National person that supported (as mentioned a number of times) was Chris Berman...  Again it it selective memory as I know the team was featured on multiple covers of SI magazine and others.. it seemed like most times we were that 'gadfly' of the NFL that just wouldn't go away rather then what it is now..  It is definitely different times. let alone generation (gawd I'm old) so we just may be comparing apples to oranges here.


Anyhow ...  Go Bills!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/3/2022 at 11:07 PM, Limeaid said:

 

He is a Bills fan now but not type of fan who will stay a fan thru multiple year drought nor type who will stay behind and become sour and bitter taking shots at Bills every day.

 

  I think its more that he's a Josh Allen fan so by default gotta be a Bills fan and then once you really see how Bills Mafis represents well just like Michael Corleone said in The Godfather  pt3 --  just when I thought I was out they pull me back in.  He may not remain a Bills fan post Allen Era but I can't blame him for being an Allen fan.  Lot of Allen fans across the various fan bases.  Some may become diehard Bills many will not but cannot fault others being fans of Josh Allen.  I do feel though once someone really gets to know Bills fans they often become fans of the Bills Mafia.  Usually at the very least they are indifferent to the team itself hard to still hate the Bills but be a fan of Allen's and the fanbase.

 

And I'd say there are indeed new Bills fans out there.  I'd wager there are alot of Cleveland fans that are happy to drop the current Browns and cheer for Bills.  

 

Edited by AuntieEm
  • Like (+1) 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I actually prefer just straight football discussions and debates from years past as opposed to this entertainment angle now being the industry norm, to be fair I also now urinate 3+ times a night, can’t read the back of shampoo bottles and get angry when I have to walk up a flight of stairs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...