Training Camp practice 7/29

YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Our coverage schemes and execution are extremely good but McFrazier are risk averse when it comes to scheming pressure packages and have been since they arrived. That’s my point about scheme hindering potential dominance. 

Which drives me batty because even if we give up the occasional big play, I've got zero issues with putting the ball back in Allen's hands to get it back.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

9 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

The Bills star players have been healthy for 3 straight years. We are due for a big time injury. Its literally inevitable. 

We lost Tre for the season last year. He is definitely a star player. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

I agree. I was just using the law of statistics. I take it all back. 

As you should, 😁👍🍺

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Cautiously optimistic about aj. We heard the same thing in camp last year too. 

I heard some YouTube guy say that he has been given credit for a sack every day of TC so far, if so that’s a good sign, 👍

Go Bills!!!

10 hours ago, Awwufelloff said:

The Bills star players have been healthy for 3 straight years. We are due for a big time injury. Its literally inevitable. 

Tre White?  May have cost us a Super Bowl.  Also, what’s wrong with you?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

20 hours ago, Mr Wild said:

Hopefully just a tweak and will be back by week 1

First, I know nothing (as Weo let’s me know regularly 😇🦬 Weo), but my hope by the way described would most likely be a serious bruise to the flute and hip, one fall shouldn’t put him out of alignment.  Bone bruises suck, but he’ll heal.

Looks like it’s into the ice bathtub three times a day for you Micah.  Think warm thoughts.  As a betting man, I’ll guess a week out.  The good news is we’d rather see Hyde hurt from a knowledge standpoint that heals since he’s been in the same defensive system since 2017.  Elam losing a TC week would suck.  He needs every spare minute of practice

As we need him as ready as can be at the Rams.

Weo, I knew I could kid with you bud.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, machine gun kelly said:

First, I know nothing (as Weo let’s me know regularly 😇🦬 Weo), but my hope by the way described would most likely be a serious bruise to the flute and hip, one fall shouldn’t put him out of alignment.  Bone bruises suck, but he’ll heal.

Looks like it’s into the ice bathtub three times a day for you Micah.  Think warm thoughts.  As a betting man, I’ll guess a week out.  The good news is we’d rather see Hyde hurt from a knowledge standpoint that heals since he’s been in the same defensive system since 2017.  Elam losing a TC week would suck.  He needs every spare minute of practice

As we need him as ready as can be at the Rams.

Weo, I knew I could kid with you bud.

More time on task and reps for Hamlin and Jaquan. Hyde doesn’t need these reps.

• Agree 3

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Tre White?  May have cost us a Super Bowl.  Also, what’s wrong with you?

Meh......SB champions often do so despite key injuries.    

And people forget the Chiefs lost their own 3x All Pro and leader of their defense in Tyrann Mathieu on the first series of that divisional game so it was certainly a fair fight between secondaries playing without their best players.

Being a VERY disappointing 7-4 at the time that Tre White was hurt.........dooming them to the road in the playoffs where they've not only never won under McDermott.......but never even played a composed 60 minutes without frantic, uncharacteristic mistakes........is clearly what cost the Bills a Super Bowl.    

People sometimes just overlook the overwhelmingly obvious to point a finger at fate.

• Like (+1) 3

22 hours ago, JaCrispy said:

We’ve been so starved for good TE play that we think last year he was a stud…compared to other TE, though, he was solid, but nothing special imo

No…no he’s not…

True, but he is definitely ascending after having come in as a very raw prospect that wasn't really involved much in the passing game due to having DK Metcalf andAJ Brown as WR's on his team. I think he is going to take another step this year, possibly a big one.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Meh......SB champions often do so despite key injuries.    

And people forget the Chiefs lost their own 3x All Pro and leader of their defense in Tyrann Mathieu on the first series of that divisional game so it was certainly a fair fight between secondaries playing without their best players.

Being a VERY disappointing 7-4 at the time that Tre White was hurt.........dooming them to the road in the playoffs where they've not only never won under McDermott.......but never even played a composed 60 minutes without frantic, uncharacteristic mistakes........is clearly what cost the Bills a Super Bowl.    

People sometimes just overlook the overwhelmingly obvious to point a finger at fate.

I agree for the most part but I refuse to let my own disappointment in the team in the mid-season lull with the reality of what occurred.  I don't think we even beat the Bengals the next week without Tre White.  That injury made our late season run moot as far as winning the Super Bowl goes.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I agree for the most part but I refuse to let my own disappointment in the team in the mid-season lull with the reality of what occurred.  I don't think we even beat the Bengals the next week without Tre White.  That injury made our late season run moot as far as winning the Super Bowl goes.

Personal disappointment with the team is totally irrelevant to the discussion of "the reality of what occurred".

THREE BIG UPSET LOSSES........one to the worst team in football.........cost them home field advantage.

They are 0-4 on the road in the playoffs........in real life.......under Sean McDermott and each loss has been chock full of "wtf" moments that were totally uncharacteristic for the team in those seasons.    

Those are examples of reality.

Presuming Tre White somehow ensures a victory in KC in the divisional game is just a fact-free opinion.

See AFCCG 2021 for the closest example of proof of how he would have performed behind another limp playoff pass rush.

Because don't tell me about the 2021 regular season road matchup..........the SB era Bills were undefeated against the NFC in ALL meaningful games in those 4 regular seasons.......14-2 with the only 2 losses being season finales with home field advantage already clinched and the starters on bench.

Included in those regular season wins was an early season win in Dallas sandwiched between 2 SB blowouts vs that team in a 12 month period between January 93' and January 94'.........and a win against the Giants in NY late in the season where they lost to the Giants in the SB.........and wins against outstanding teams in San Francisco(no punts game) and a then 11-4 New Orleans team on the road.    

And I would have taken my chances against Cinci at home in any round.    I think the Bills would have hung 50 on the Bengals D at home.  

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

And I would have taken my chances against Cinci at home in any round.    I think the Bills would have hung 50 on the Bengals D at home

I'm with you on this.....Obviously can never know what can/will happen.....

But I am also in the group that feels very confident Bills defeat Bengals if in OP. I will even go a bit further and say I also think they would have won in Cincy... probably a bit tougher, but still 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Presuming Tre White somehow ensures a victory in KC in the divisional game is just a fact-free opinion.

The game's outcome was razor thin.  One third down pass break-up giving the ball back to Josh could have been the difference.

Presuming that Tre White's contributions would not have made a difference is also a fact-free opinion.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.