How to organize the new stadium “Wall of Fame”

BringBackFergy

6 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I stopped at "Kyle Orton."

I saw that to and figured this was a joke

2 hours ago, eball said:

Nah, that's what highlights and YouTube are for.  If a name goes up there and then the person disgraces himself I have no problem with it coming down.  Professional sports athletes are role models and objects of public attention whether they like it or not.

Now, I suppose the devil is in the details of which transgressions warrant removal, but I think we can all agree that double-murder meets the threshold.

A new stadium I think OJ and the electric company need a place in the museum. It is part of the teams history and would talk about that period of time. I would not put his name up. It balances good player with absolute atrocity of a person. I get the issue currently that his name was already up when everything went down, but a new stadium you can refresh.

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, GottaRun said:

No more wall of fame, have a museum/memorabilia area instead.   If there's a wall is OJ going on it or not?  

OJ remains in the NFL HOF, so he should stay on our own Wall of Fame. Again the celebration is the impact these guys had as players not as people yet you could argue that prior to Goldman/Brown OJ was the best advocate for the Bills. 

7 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I am curious to see if the Bills put 32 on the new wall or not. If you go by his life post football then he should never be involved or included with anything Bills/NFL related. If you judge him just by what he did on the field then its a no-brainer. OJ and Bruce are the two greatest players in Bills history.

I agree 1000%

• Like (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, T master said:

I don't know exactly who is on the WOF but there are definitely some like Byrd that are missing & need to be there for their contributions to the team & will always be a WOF player for the Bills !! 

He had one good year with a couple of lucky interceptions and then he basically never played for us again because his feets were sore.  Women all over the country wear the most unpractical shoes they can find but still manage to do dishes and make sammiches despite foot soreness.  I have not heard of a planter fuschia injury since that bum left for New Orleans.  I'd sooner see his jersey line the troughs than memorialized on our precious wall of fame.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

As previously stated, the smart thing to do would to be build a buffalo bills hall of fame inside the stadium as an attraction and they could have the ability to easily add or remove players unlike having a name permanently on the ring. 

15 hours ago, sven233 said:

While the Wall of Fame has been nice at the current stadium, you legitimately have a chance to do something epic at the new one.  It's time for a real Buffalo Bills/Buffalo Sports Hall of Fame.  Whether you want to do your own busts or statues, or something else, you can do something really cool at the new place.  The beauty of it is that is can be anything you want it to be and have it as big as you want it to be.  Have stations set aside for each legend with a bust or statue, some of their game worn memorabilia, a TV that shows the players' history and highlights, etc.  You could make this a travel destination that is open all year round.  Almost like a Buffalo version of the Pro Football HOF. 

If done right, it could be absolutely amazing.  Will they do this?  Probably not.  But man, I think it could be something not only for Buffalo fans to enjoy, but to introduce visiting fans to our history and all time greats.  While we don't have many Championships to our name, our history has plenty of awesome players, people, and moments to celebrate.

holograms of the players standing above the facade - nothing less.  They can be animated for big plays, first downs, defensive stops etc.

21 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Helvetica or GTFO

this man gets it

9 hours ago, eball said:

I think a Wall of Shame on the opposite end of the stadium would be a nice touch.  Russ Brandon can be the initial inductee.

His name will be painted in the pee troughs they are going to reinstall from the current stadium. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Good call on Dunaway - the original "got away with murder" Buffalo Bill.

Surprised this article is still on CBS website.

Ex-Dolphin Charged With Murder

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ex-dolphin-charged-with-murder/

Former NFL player Jim Dunaway, who ended his 10-year NFL career on Miami's undefeated 1972 team, has been charged with murder in the death of his former wife.

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

He had one good year with a couple of lucky interceptions and then he basically never played for us again because his feets were sore.  Women all over the country wear the most unpractical shoes they can find but still manage to do dishes and make sammiches despite foot soreness.  I have not heard of a planter fuschia injury since that bum left for New Orleans.  I'd sooner see his jersey line the troughs than memorialized on our precious wall of fame.

Well it's pretty apparent that you followed him closer than i did i was pretty young a that time and wasn't as big of a fan as i am now but some here are much more in tune with the team than I it is only a past time thing for me but thanks for enlightening me on your opinion and talking so highly of him .

• Sad 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Replace it with the TBD Wall of Fame. I nominate @Gugny as the first inductee.

I’ll have you know @Gugny broke into my car at the opener. Probably looking for spare change or a pair of sunglasses he could pawn. I realize it’s not OJ level criminal activity (though close to when he stole cookies in prison), but I think we need a thorough vetting before we name our first TBD inductee. 

On a positive note, partially redeeming him, he was very generous with his food offerings. If I recall correctly, it was a fine chili and “special brownies”.  I gave him a fine Yelp review! 

After further consideration, “let ‘em have it”.  Despite his fascination with baseball. My son summed it up well when he turned down All-Stars one year ending his baseball career: “half the people are standing around, and the other half are sitting”.  Clearly I’m torn, but I’m also easy. It’s a good thing I was never a teenage girl. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.