I might be an outlier here...... Draft needs

Yantha

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I agree, and like Knox quite a bit. I shouldn't have denoted TE as a hole, but as an area where we would love to see improvement to ensure that we have the elite talent required to win a SB.

Exactly!

I'm looking for any possibility of ELITE talent, needed for a serious superbowl push.  

4 minutes ago, nedboy7 said:

Talk about being nice.......

I agree we should draft Kelce in the first.  You would have to be stupid not to take Kelce if he drops to us. 

Sorry....  You're right.  I just lost my patience with that guy.....

I think that Trey McBride would look great on this team.

5 minutes ago, Yantha said:

If we are set at TE, why were the Bills considering Gronkowski?  I do like Knox.  Great character, and I agree that he showed improvement down the stretch.  I'm hungry to beat KC.....    Bills need a superbowl and any improvement would be welcome.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2022/3/3/22960465/bills-interested-in-adding-rob-gronkowski-per-report

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Hey folks,

I might be an outlier here, but my mind has changed a few times in the lead up to the draft.  After we've added a few key pieces to our roster, and lost a few others, I'm starting to think that our draft needs have shifted.... surprisingly in my opinion to OFFENSE moreso than defense.

Hear me out.

Positional groups needs I think are in the following order of "need".  While I DO understand that some positions are more noticeable if the team is weaker at that position (like QB, Cornerback), here are our positional grouping needs  in order of weakest to strongest.

Center:  I feel that Center has been the most sneaky need this team has, and feel that the position MUST be upgraded in the early rounds, without question.  Not only do we lack depth but Morse needs and upgrade as the starter.  

Tight End:  We have one of the best QB's in the league but completely lack the TE option on this team.  In KC, Kelce is such a threat that their WR's look that much better since safeties can't double cover or drop too deep for support.  I'd say a second rounder on TE is a serious option for the upcoming draft.

Guard:  Part of the reason we haven't had a great running game is due to the lack of a dominant, run-blocking front.  While I feel that our runningbacks in their own right don't exactly instill fear in opposing defenses, an upgrade at ONE guard spot could help in this regard.  Hoping for a balanced target, but one that has a nasty streak that can can create some inside lanes.  It MIGHT even help Moss elevate his game.

Runningback:  We suck.  Sorry but we do.  I used to be a big Tomlinson fan and have been longing to see a DOMINANT run game from the Bills.  Having the THUNDER to go with Allen's lightning would have a domino effect of helping out Diggs/Davis on the outside.  Stack the box?  Well that would help our NEW TE, as well as our WRs.

Defensive End:  Yes, I know I'm an outlier here, but IF we don't bring back Hughes, I feel that's a bigger loss than some on this board feel.  Boogie, Epensa, Addison, Lawson are all playing at a backup level (on this playoff caliber team).  

Cornerback:  This is where I have cornerback, but it likely bumps up to somewhere near the top because, like I mentioned, corner is one of those positions where you've GOT to have quality starters or the whole game will unravel.  I think we need not one, but two additions.  I think that Taron Johnson might be the only corner I feel somewhat happy with.  Siran Neal should NOT start.

Offensive Tackle:  Could use an upgrade, and if we go OT, it would be a good idea.  HOWEVER, if there are "equal quality" players on the board with any of the above positions, you have to go with another player.  

Linebacker:  NOT a fan of our depth, but Von Miller changed the whole story here.  If Edmunds turns it around, this could be a very good group.  Thumbs down to Milano.

FINAL ON MY LIST is WR:  It used to be higher, and I DO think we should draft a WR outside of the first 3 rounds UNLESS some amazing wideout slips to us.  I like our top 2 WR, and Crowder in the slot.  Can we do better than Crowder?  Yes, BUT again, I'd rather add a dominant TE and/or RB..... and/or an upgrade(s) to our OL. 

Okay............    let me have it.

Be gentle.  lol

Forgot to mention:  S and QB not a draft need right now.

Instead of being a troll like 1/8th of the people on this board... instead of putting a thumbs down or a puke and not explain it.. Im going to take the time to tear this post up and put it back together again as to why your wrong at some positions.

Center: In my opinion Center is a concern but not this year.. It is something we have to watch for Next year for the future. this is not a NOW issue. This team is being built to win NOW and with Josh, our future is bright.. so I get your point.. your a year to early.

TE: So yea.. TE was a concern.. we wanted Gronk... but then we got Howard. Getting a TE goes 2 fold. A. As a 2 TE threat... another way to score.. B. To have a Vet TE on the team and try and get Knox to the next level of greatness. Gronk would be a one year deal.. Howard is a one year deal. only one team has the best TE in the business.. thats KC.. That being said, I could see a late round pick at TE and hope we hit gold... and likely hit fools gold.

Guard: This is where I am with you.. I have no problems getting a mid round Guard. 0

Runningback: We don't suck but we are average. A great RB would make this team so diverse. I also am one of the few that would love a second round HB. SPEED....

Defensive End: The dudes name is Miller... Von Miller.. (you know Bond... James Bond)  its covered... your wrong here..

Cornerback: Captain obvious  we need a CB

Offensive Tackle: You cant be top end madden in every position. we are slightly better then average here and I am ok with it.

Linebacker: not a immediate need. Edmunds is not top caliber and I think most will agree we can get better here... but we can also got LOTS worse...

WR: yep.. SPEED!

***YOUR FATAL FLAW***

You named every position accept QB on offense... Really? even though I know your not trolling or trying to put a stupid post up.. it screams Troll and or screams WHAT THE HECK IS THIS! Thus your going to get a horrible reaction. DID you watch the KC game? Our OL was not the issue.. it was what we were doing on defense or the lack there of...

This League wont see a team for a long time now that had one of the Best QB in the game.. Best TE in the game and Best WR in the game... wont happen again for a long time... Mahomes/Hill/Kelce made each other look CRAZY good...

A MOD here told me one time... making Quality posts in these forums is more important than Quantity.

You just basically said we need upgrade at every position on the offense accept QB. In general.. your right... we could use an upgrade at many of these positions.. I just don't think this thread is practical and does not serve the purpose you were hoping for... And you made some errors in here...

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

So you're happy with Knox.... okay.

Very. Kelce is in a league all by himself at that position. Knox not being Kelce doesn't equal "complete lack of option". That's a goofy statement how ever you slice it

Edited by CNY315
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Hey folks,

I might be an outlier here, but my mind has changed a few times in the lead up to the draft.  After we've added a few key pieces to our roster, and lost a few others, I'm starting to think that our draft needs have shifted.... surprisingly in my opinion to OFFENSE moreso than defense.

Hear me out.

Positional groups needs I think are in the following order of "need".  While I DO understand that some positions are more noticeable if the team is weaker at that position (like QB, Cornerback), here are our positional grouping needs  in order of weakest to strongest.

Center:  I feel that Center has been the most sneaky need this team has, and feel that the position MUST be upgraded in the early rounds, without question.  Not only do we lack depth but Morse needs and upgrade as the starter.  

Tight End:  We have one of the best QB's in the league but completely lack the TE option on this team.  In KC, Kelce is such a threat that their WR's look that much better since safeties can't double cover or drop too deep for support.  I'd say a second rounder on TE is a serious option for the upcoming draft.

Guard:  Part of the reason we haven't had a great running game is due to the lack of a dominant, run-blocking front.  While I feel that our runningbacks in their own right don't exactly instill fear in opposing defenses, an upgrade at ONE guard spot could help in this regard.  Hoping for a balanced target, but one that has a nasty streak that can can create some inside lanes.  It MIGHT even help Moss elevate his game.

Runningback:  We suck.  Sorry but we do.  I used to be a big Tomlinson fan and have been longing to see a DOMINANT run game from the Bills.  Having the THUNDER to go with Allen's lightning would have a domino effect of helping out Diggs/Davis on the outside.  Stack the box?  Well that would help our NEW TE, as well as our WRs.

Defensive End:  Yes, I know I'm an outlier here, but IF we don't bring back Hughes, I feel that's a bigger loss than some on this board feel.  Boogie, Epensa, Addison, Lawson are all playing at a backup level (on this playoff caliber team).  

Cornerback:  This is where I have cornerback, but it likely bumps up to somewhere near the top because, like I mentioned, corner is one of those positions where you've GOT to have quality starters or the whole game will unravel.  I think we need not one, but two additions.  I think that Taron Johnson might be the only corner I feel somewhat happy with.  Siran Neal should NOT start.

Offensive Tackle:  Could use an upgrade, and if we go OT, it would be a good idea.  HOWEVER, if there are "equal quality" players on the board with any of the above positions, you have to go with another player.  

Linebacker:  NOT a fan of our depth, but Von Miller changed the whole story here.  If Edmunds turns it around, this could be a very good group.  Thumbs down to Milano.

FINAL ON MY LIST is WR:  It used to be higher, and I DO think we should draft a WR outside of the first 3 rounds UNLESS some amazing wideout slips to us.  I like our top 2 WR, and Crowder in the slot.  Can we do better than Crowder?  Yes, BUT again, I'd rather add a dominant TE and/or RB..... and/or an upgrade(s) to our OL. 

Be gentle.  lol

Are you just trolling? Center as our top need? Cornerback as our 6th highest need? TE as our 2nd highest need?

No. No. No.

Morse was just extended so even if you don't like him, he's not going anywhere. Regardless of whether you like him, though, he's good. He played really well last year and most who watch film professionally agree.

We have 2 TEs that are high upside potential TE1s on the roster for 2022. Yes, we can look forward to 2023, but Buffalo likes to keep its own developed players. Dawson Knox isn't going anywhere... especially considering his relationship with Josh Allen. Yes we should draft one, but probably no earlier than the 3rd round because he'll be TE2.

CB is our biggest need. We don't know if Tre White will even be ready to start the season and if you're okay with Dane Jackson, Cam Lewis and Taron Johnson as our starting 3 CBs you're nuts.

I agree WR isn't highest on the list because we have 4 out of our 7 wide receivers from last year locked up through the 2023 season and I legitimately think Gabriel Davis is a strong #2 WR and McKenzie is plenty capable to man the slot. But if there's a guy like Jameson Williams who can take the top off the defense and add another component to our offense, we should probably draft him.

This just had to be trolling. If you said something like Safety, I might agree with you. I can absolutely see Beane drafting Kyle Hamilton if he falls and either trading Poyer or keeping him and using Hamilton as a hybrid guy on the field or drafting Daxton Hill and putting him at CB2 (and most experts believe he can more than capably be a CB) before moving to Safety.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Hey folks,

Hear me out.

Be gentle.  lol

This is just flat out baffling.

You recognize we need "not one, but two additions" at CB while saying you only really have faith in our Nickel CB outside of Tre White (who we may not have to start the season).

But you list replacing Mitch Morse, who we literally just gave an extension to as our number one need?

Followed by Tight End, while we still have Dawson Knox on the roster as well as having signed O.J. Howard?

Followed by Offensive Guard after signing Pro Bowl Guard Rodger Saffold and matching the Bears long term multi-million dollar offer deal to Ryan Bates, both to start? 

And you list Defensive End as a bigger need than Cornerback after replacing Jerry Hughes with Von Freakin' Miller. Btw you do know he's not actually a Linebacker or playing Linebacker, right? Citing Jerry Hughes as a huge loss? You did watch Jerry Hughes the past two seasons, right? Teams kill for quality Defensive Ends and he still hasn't been signed or visited anyone.

This isn't an outlier opinion. These are flat out incorrect opinions. Though you are entitled to your wrong opinions, I guess.

Edited by BillsFanForever19

You put center at the top of the list when Mitch Morse has been great. His greatest concern is concussion history. 

Meanwhile our starting CB’s on the outside right now are Dane Jackson and maybe Siran Neal?

You might want to take a gander at our WR depth. If Stef or Gabe goes down, next man up is Jake effing Kumerow….

But sure. Draft a back up center at the top of the draft…

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Instead of being a troll like 1/8th of the people on this board... instead of putting a thumbs down or a puke and not explain it.. Im going to take the time to tear this post up and put it back together again as to why your wrong at some positions.

Center: In my opinion Center is a concern but not this year.. It is something we have to watch for Next year for the future. this is not a NOW issue. This team is being built to win NOW and with Josh, our future is bright.. so I get your point.. your a year to early.

TE: So yea.. TE was a concern.. we wanted Gronk... but then we got Howard. Getting a TE goes 2 fold. A. As a 2 TE threat... another way to score.. B. To have a Vet TE on the team and try and get Knox to the next level of greatness. Gronk would be a one year deal.. Howard is a one year deal. only one team has the best TE in the business.. thats KC.. That being said, I could see a late round pick at TE and hope we hit gold... and likely hit fools gold.

Guard: This is where I am with you.. I have no problems getting a mid round Guard. 0

Runningback: We don't suck but we are average. A great RB would make this team so diverse. I also am one of the few that would love a second round HB. SPEED....

Defensive End: The dudes name is Miller... Von Miller.. (you know Bond... James Bond)  its covered... your wrong here..

Cornerback: Captain obvious  we need a CB

Offensive Tackle: You cant be top end madden in every position. we are slightly better then average here and I am ok with it.

Linebacker: not a immediate need. Edmunds is not top caliber and I think most will agree we can get better here... but we can also got LOTS worse...

WR: yep.. SPEED!

***YOUR FATAL FLAW***

You named every position accept QB on offense... Really? even though I know your not trolling or trying to put a stupid post up.. it screams Troll and or screams WHAT THE HECK IS THIS! Thus your going to get a horrible reaction. DID you watch the KC game? Our OL was not the issue.. it was what we were doing on defense or the lack there of...

This League wont see a team for a long time now that had one of the Best QB in the game.. Best TE in the game and Best WR in the game... wont happen again for a long time... Mahomes/Hill/Kelce made each other look CRAZY good...

A MOD here told me one time... making Quality posts in these forums is more important than Quantity.

You just basically said we need upgrade at every position on the offense accept QB. In general.. your right... we could use an upgrade at many of these positions.. I just don't think this thread is practical and does not serve the purpose you were hoping for... And you made some errors in here...

Thanks for the well thought out post.

Let me respond.

Center:  This team can win with our current center, but I'd be happy if the BOARD fell a certain way on draft day and the OC was the best of window Beane is looking at.  I wouldn't throw my beer at the TV if we picked OC even in the first round if it were Linderbaum (and the other candidates would be considered reaches).

Runningback:  Seems like we are in agreement, although my description of the group we have is more harsh.

DE:  We are in agreement except I was listing Miller as a Linebacker (and yes I know he can play at the line too.

Corner:  We are in agreement

OT:  We are in agreement (which is why OT is close to the bottom of my list).  Not a high need, but we could add a developmental late rounder to shore up depth and look to the future.

Linebacker:  Seems we are in agreement here too.

WR:  I agree we need speed but if the question was down between a WR vs. a RB like KWIII or Hall, I'd go RB.

As for the "fatal flaw", I think what some are confusing here is that I don't expect an upgrade at every offensive position.  Just the ones at the top of my list.  My "needs" at the bottom (and you can see this in the OP explanation) are LOW DRAFT NEEDS (almost negligible, but worth mentioning).

Thanks again for taking some time to think about this instead of piling on.

1 hour ago, Yantha said:

Jesus people!  I'm not saying these are massive holes!

Lower in the list = maybe worth a 6th or 7th rounder!   

Let's just skip the draft!

This is about adding pieces to the roster.  Maybe TWO of this draft class would actually start.... 

So you're happy with Knox.... okay.

Screen Shot 2022-04-16 at 2.26.18 PM.png

Dude, nobody thinks that you are saying the roster is bad. Or the team is terrible. The criticism is purely with your talent e v a l at a holistic level. 

The fact that you think upgrading Mitch Morse is the number one concern on the roster is absolutely the wildest take of the offseason. As imposter before, if Stef or Gabe go down, their back up is Jake Kumerow. But sure, Mitch Morse is the biggest hole the 2022 Buffalo Bills have….

By your same logic and rankings Dane Jackson and/or Siran Neal > Mitch Morse. It is only April and that might be the worst take of 2022. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Hey folks,

Hear me out.

Be gentle.  lol

Well I'll give you some credit for starting the thread and bringing up some valid points. 

Hey folks,

Hear me out.

Be gentle.  lol

I mean every team can always upgrade every position I suppose. Realistically, you could have put punter high up on your list. 

The Offense can always get uogrades. The Bills signed Guard Saffold who is a very good run blocker, RB Duke Johnson, WR Crowder, OT Bobby Hart and TE Howard. All of those players can contribute. It's not like the Bills haven't done anything to improve.

On Defense Miller is basically a DE. Plus,  DE Shaq Lawson, DT Settle and  DT Jones. 

On CB they lost Levi Wallace and Tre White's status is uncertain. Thus far, who have the Bills acquired? Come on it's the clearest biggest need on the team. I have no doubt Beane will address this issue via the draft and or free agency. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Thanks for the well thought out post.

Let me respond.

Center:  This team can win with our current center, but I'd be happy if the BOARD fell a certain way on draft day and the OC was the best of window Beane is looking at.  I wouldn't throw my beer at the TV if we picked OC even in the first round if it were Linderbaum (and the other candidates would be considered reaches).

Runningback:  Seems like we are in agreement, although my description of the group we have is more harsh.

DE:  We are in agreement except I was listing Miller as a Linebacker (and yes I know he can play at the line too.

Corner:  We are in agreement

OT:  We are in agreement (which is why OT is close to the bottom of my list).  Not a high need, but we could add a developmental late rounder to shore up depth and look to the future.

Linebacker:  Seems we are in agreement here too.

WR:  I agree we need speed but if the question was down between a WR vs. a RB like KWIII or Hall, I'd go RB.

As for the "fatal flaw", I think what some are confusing here is that I don't expect an upgrade at every offensive position.  Just the ones at the top of my list.  My "needs" at the bottom (and you can see this in the OP explanation) are LOW DRAFT NEEDS (almost negligible, but worth mentioning).

Thanks again for taking some time to think about this instead of piling on.

yea your still off on so much... 

The 4 least valuable positions should be our top priorities in the 1st 3 rds!!!!  

stop prioritizing the 2022 season over building a team. The draft should always prioritize “team building” over “season building”….especially when the GM has started to push cap down the road to win now

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.