TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

Just now, Virgil said:

With the 84th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State. 

After going offensive weapons with the first two picks, the Steelers are thrilled to get a value player who can immediately start.  The Steelers had large opportunities in protecting Ben last year, and the trenches have taken a beating in Pittsburgh.

The New England Patriots @Bill from NYC are on the clock

Oh that's a good one. I thought about him for the Eagles. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

With the 84th pick, the Pittsburgh Steelers select Nicholas Petit-Frere, OT, Ohio State. 

After going offensive weapons with the first two picks, the Steelers are thrilled to get a value player who can immediately start.  The Steelers had large opportunities in protecting Ben last year, and the trenches have taken a beating in Pittsburgh.

The New England Patriots @Bill from NYC are on the clock

BPA on my board at this point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I am going to step outside of the SEC for this pick LOL!

The Patriots select Cade Otton - TE - University of Washington. I did so because on video, I like the way he reaches for passes that are not thrown right at him and brings them in. He also looked good at making plays in or near the endzone. 

So, in this draft, picking in the 20s, we were able to bring in:

Treylon Burks - A big, solid receiver who is hard to cover, and has good hands.

Darian Kinnard - A very well coached player who was a good OT in college and now projects to guard.

Cade Otton - A solid looking TE who would seem to have a decent ceiling  and a not so low floor.

I feel lucky that all three of these players were still there when I picked. I also hope that this scenario doesn't play out because it would be a big boost to the Patriots.

Thanks to Virgil and all participants. 👍

@Draconatoris on the clock.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Raiders (Draconator) are on the clock
13 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

“Cade Otton - A solid looking TE who would seem to have a decent ceiling  and a low floor.”

Is that what’s called ‘damning with faint praise’??

LOL I must edit that!

Just now, Draconator said:

With the 22nd pick in the 3rd round, the Raiders select

Darian Kinnard - Tackle - Kentucky

Forsee him starting at Guard to take advantage of his run blocking skills. Can play Tackle if needed. Believe he can develop his pass blocking to be a solid starter for the Raiders for years to come. 

The Cardinals and @aristocrat are on the clock. 

I took him already Bro! :) 

@Draconatoris on the clock

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Bill from NYC said:

I am going to step outside of the SEC for this pick LOL!

The Patriots select Cade Otton - TE - University of Washington. I did so because on video, I like the way he reaches for passes that are not thrown right at him and brings them in. He also looked good at making plays in or near the endzone. 

So, in this draft, picking in the 20s, we were able to bring in:

Treylon Burks - A big, solid receiver who is hard to cover, and has good hands.

Darian Kinard - A very well coached player who was a good OT in college and now projects to guard.

Cade Otton - A solid looking TE who would seem to have a decent ceiling  and a not so low floor.

I feel lucky that all three of these players were still there when I picked. I also hope that this scenario doesn't play out because it would be a big boost to the Patriots.

Thanks to Virgil and all participants. 👍

@Draconatoris on the clock.

Not a knock on the prospect by any means, but I would imagine the Pats going somewhere other than TE with both Jonnu Smith and Hunter Henry currently on the roster, backed up by two of their own 3rd Round picks in 2020 in Asiasi and Keene. :thumbsup:

• Agree 1

Ok. Let's try this again...

With the 22 pick in Round 3, The Raiders select

Dylan Parham - Guard - Memphis

Good mobility. Needs some development and bulk. Raiders believe we have a solid backup with starter potential. 

The Cardinals and @aristocrat are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 3

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (aristocrat) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Rhode Island Red said:

“Cade Otton - A solid looking TE who would seem to have a decent ceiling  and a low floor.”

Is that what’s called ‘damning with faint praise’??

Yeah, the faint part was unnecessary. He's a very average prospect :D 

• Sad 1

With the 86th selection the Dallas Cowboys pick Leo Chenal, LB, Wisconsin.

The needs were LB, DT or double dip on the OL.  Chenal was the BPA @ 35 on the board.  He is a good blitzer and attacks the OL violently.  His PFF grade for run defense was 94.1.  He may be a 2 down LB but a good 2 down LB.

The Bills and @Virgil are on the clock.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bills (TSW Poll) are on the clock
1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

I think that when @Virgil comes back from high level meeting he will appreciate some input on who should be included in the poll.

I'll leave it to smarter guys but expect to see some OL, WR, TE, LB and S.

Working on the poll now

• Like (+1) 1

Coby Bryant, Corner, Cincinnati

Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn St

Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor

Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia

JT Woods, S, Baylor

Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA

@Virgil

Few names near top of my board at conceivable target positions in case helpful for the poll.

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

off the top of my head: maybe 

LB Brian Asamoah

LB Damone Clark

S Nick Cross

CB Cordale Flott

Nick Cross too. Thought he had gone for some reason!!

Clark I can see although he likely spends his rookie year on IR. I'm meh on Asamoah but on consensus rankings he is probably in play too. 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

WR John Metchie III from Alabama

TE Isaiah Likely from Coastal Carolina

Yea Metchie definitely. Thought he had gone as well. Likely leaves me a bit cold tbh but we know the Bills have had him in on a visit. 

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Coby Bryant, Corner, Cincinnati

Rasheed Walker, OT, Penn St

Tyquan Thornton, WR, Baylor

Jelani Woods, TE, Virginia

JT Woods, S, Baylor

Greg Dulcich, TE, UCLA

@Virgil

Few names near top of my board at conceivable target positions in case helpful for the poll.

Where do you have Isaiah Likely?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.