TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

Metchie is really good value from a talent standpoint in Round 3. Kind of hard to pass that up.

However, as I've stated in previous posts, this entire offseason both Beane and McDermott have preached needing speed on offense. Walker being a 4.38 guy helps out of the backfield. And while OJ Howard's 4.5 doesn't sound like much, for a man his size out of the TE position, that is fast.

But I feel that they're looking for an added element of speed with the WR roster spot vacated by Emmanuel Sanders. So I'm not entirely convinced Metchie would be one of the guys we'd be looking at. Again though, the talent and the value would be tempting. 

I think in this scenario, we'd still look to add in further rounds. I'd have eyes on Velus Jones, Bo Melton, Tyquan Thornton, or Danny Gray as the Draft goes on.

I don't get the feeling that they think much of Marquez Stevenson. As evidenced by them not using him at all last season, even when we needed speed and needed help with injuries. So Metchie could take Sanders roster spot and one of those guys could battle with Stevenson, the loser moving to the Practice Squad.

With the 93rd pick in the TSW Mock 1.0 the San Francisco 49ers select Abraham Lucas, OG Washington State, the Kansas City Chiefs and @Logic are on the clock. 

49ers needed to address DB and OL in the draft.  We addressed our DB in round two and now go with a late round 2 rated OG.  Lucas is my 60th rated player in the draft as an OG.  Durable 4 year starter, good feet, doesn't lunge of over-extend on tape, heavy hands, that once on you lock in.  Good finishing power.  Limited in heavy legged and lumbering as well as foot sped, not fluid which is why we do not project him on the edge as an OT.  Past history of bad OL prospects coming out of Washington State, we think Lucas inside though will become a pro-bowl level OG in our system.  

@Virgil for first page update.

• Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chiefs (Logic) are on the clock

With the 94th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Zyon McCollum, CB, Sam Houston State.

We have already added significantly to our defense with Devonte Wyatt, Dax Hill, and Sam Williams. We continue that effort here by adding an absolute physical freak with sky high upside in Zyon McCollum. McCollum ran a 4.33 at 6'2", 200 lbs. He also posted an insane 39.5 vertical, 6.48 3-cone, and 3.94 20 yard shuttle, the last two being the fastest of any player at the combine. Simply put -- they don't build many players like this guy. He had great production in college, posting 13 career interceptions and 6 forced fumbles. He'll immediately be a dominant gunner on special teams, and will grow into the corner position. If, for some reason, he doesn't adapt well at corner, he has the versatility, size, and skill set to potentially be a dominant safety.

@HappyDays and the Cincinnati Bengals are on the clock.

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bengals (HappyDays) are on the clock

With the 95th selection, the Cincinnati Bengals select Nick Cross, Safety, Maryland.

This is more BPA than need based, but Vonn Bell and Jessie Bates are both UFAs after this season. We need to keep the youth pipeline going since it's unlikely both Bell and Bates will be back next year.

The Broncos @BarleyNY is on the clock.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Broncos (BarelyNy) are on the clock
1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

With the 95th selection, the Cincinnati Bengals select Nick Cross, Safety, Maryland.

This is more BPA than need based, but Vonn Bell and Jessie Bates are both UFAs after this season. We need to keep the youth pipeline going since it's unlikely both Bell and Bates will be back next year.

The Broncos @BarleyNY is on the clock.

I like Cross a lot. He is a bright young man who is an absolute film junkie and student of the game. He has size, speed, smarts, and the athletic ability you look for in potential starter in your Safety group. They could even get him on the field in some 3 Safety looks and let him strictly cover TE's like Andrews or Slot WR's (4.34 speed). He's got that kind of ability. One of the knocks on him is he is a bit tight in his hips, but he didn't look that way doing the on field drills at the combine. The rest of the things, like breaking on In routes and knowing when to crash down against the run game can be taught with solid coaching. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, H2o said:

I like Cross a lot. He is a bright young man who is an absolute film junkie and student of the game. He has size, speed, smarts, and the athletic ability you look for in potential starter in your Safety group. They could even get him on the field in some 3 Safety looks and let him strictly cover TE's like Andrews or Slot WR's (4.34 speed). He's got that kind of ability. One of the knocks on him is he is a bit tight in his hips, but he didn't look that way doing the on field drills at the combine. The rest of the things, like breaking on In routes and knowing when to crash down against the run game can be taught with solid coaching. 

After reading about him in Dane Brugler’s draft guide today, I’m hoping the Bills take him and his 4.34 speed in the 3rd round. Seems like a hell of a prospect, one who could contribute in sub packages immediately and could take over for Poyer next year if he’s not re-signed.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, H2o said:

Yep and for a team like the Bengals that doesn't need him to start right away he's a perfect developmental option with high upside.

• Agree 2

21 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yep and for a team like the Bengals that doesn't need him to start right away he's a perfect developmental option with high upside.

Word.  Bates is a baller, but I don’t think I’d pay any safety over 15M aav and I would bet he’s looking for just that.  

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Lions (NewEra) are on the clock

With the 97th pick, the Detroit Lions select Josh Williams, CB Fayetteville State University.  6’3 196 32 7/8 arm length 4.53 40

We liked what we got out of 5th rd pick Amani Oruwariye last year but we’re not sold on him being our cb2.  Williams can challenge him for that role this year.  He has elite traits and that’s why he was selected.  We’re confident we can coach him up and the bump in competition will only make him work harder.  

@H2o and the saints are now on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

With the 97th pick, the Detroit Lions select Josh Williams, CB Fayetteville State University.  6’3 196 32 7/8 arm length 4.53 40

We liked what we got out of 5th rd pick Amani Oruwariye last year but we’re not sold on him being our cb2.  Williams can challenge him for that role this year.  He has elite traits and that’s why he was selected.  We’re confident we can coach him up and the bump in competition will only make him work harder.  

@H2o and the saints are now on the clock

Man I really thought you were gonna take the punter here 😉

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Haha (+1) 3

6 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Man I really thought you were gonna take the punter here 😉

Might make sense for the lions.  He could be their Moorman/Team MVP

….but there are still a handful of corners available that we feel can contribute this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Saints (H2o) are on the clock
1 hour ago, Logic said:

After reading about him in Dane Brugler’s draft guide today, I’m hoping the Bills take him and his 4.34 speed in the 3rd round. Seems like a hell of a prospect, one who could contribute in sub packages immediately and could take over for Poyer next year if he’s not re-signed.

McBeane seem to love ACC guys, so…

• Like (+1) 1

With the 98th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft....the New Orleans Saints select....Zach Tom / T / Wake Forest

Tom is a good get here for us in the 3rd Round. He has good football smarts, is super athletic for his size, very good mirroring defenders, and especially excels in Pass Pro. His style of play also fits well into the offense we run. As a 3 year starter at Wake Forest he has also proven to be durable starting 37 games, with 23 of those coming at LT. I know SOME people are saying he's a Center/Interior OL prospect, but we see him as an OL prospect in general with the ability to play multiple positions along the front. He will get a shot at T on this team. 

@frostbitmic and the Browns are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.