TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

43 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

With the 69th pick of the 2022 TSW Draft, the New York Jets select, Jalen Tolbert, Wide Receiver, South Alabama. 

There is sticking out on the board and then there is sticking out on the board. This kid has been my BPA for about half a round. I get it, small school kid, lower level of opponents but all you see on the film is him separating. All over the field at all 3 levels he separates. And crucially in the out of conference games he played this year he went off: 7 for 95 against Bowling Green and 7 for 143 and a score in destroying Tennessee's secondary. 

The last 4 receivers selected in this mock are all guys I have graded below Tolbert. Ecstatic that he lasted until this spot. I believe he has the potential to be a #1 receiver in the NFL. 

With 5 picks I have managed to address all my main needs - OLine, Corner, Edge Rush, Linebacker and outside Wide Receiver. Delighted. 

@section122 and the Jacksonville JagWires are now on the clock.

Aww biscuits I thought for sure being a small school guy I was safe to wait on him!

• Haha (+1) 2

With the 70th pick the jags select ol jamaree salyer uga.

Versatile olineman which is perfect for the jags.  Projects inside which is exactly where the jags have an opening.  If he shows well perhaps cam robinson can walk next year.

2 edge players, safety, and protection for lawrence not a bad 1st 3 rounds for the jags.

The bears and @Philo are up

53 minutes ago, Virgil said:

You're killing me smalls.  Make your pick 

Sorry got busy with the kids finally got a chance to sit down.

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bears (Philo) are on the clock

WIth the 71st pick of the TSW 2022 Mock Draft 1.0, the Chicago Bears select Khalil Shakir, WR, Boise State.

Justin Fields needs help. We found some help up front on the line with our last pick, and are now happy to grab a weapon for the passing offense. Allen Robinson's departure in FA left Darnell Mooney as the only noteworthy wideout on the roster. While we believe Mooney is poised to take another step in year three, we find it imperative to provide Fields with more offensive talent. Shakir is expected to jump right in as our starting slot receiver, providing a high motor, toughness, and versatility. While not a crazy athlete, Shakir is a high character guy with ultra-competitiveness that our front office believes will be a boon for a young, rebuilding team. 

The Seattle Seahawks @Rock-A-Bye Beasley are on the clock

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Seahawks (Rock-A-Bye Beasley) are on the clock

With the 8th pick in round 3 the Seattle Seahawks select Sean Rhyan OL, UCLA

The rebuilding Seahawks have already selected a LT, QB, and CB.

To solidify the o line, Rhyan will be tasked with playing RT. He was a LT at UCLA, but his scouting report says he his best suited at RT or guard in the NFL. He has a second round grade on the draft network so this is good value. 

The Colts @CNYfanare on the clock. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Colts (CNYFan) are on the clock

Pick 9 of the 3rd Round from the Covid quarantined Mock GM of the Indianapolis Colts is

Jayln Armour-Davis  DB  Alabama

The Colts were intrigued by some of the QBs, although there is time for that yet, and certainly had the small school WR that the Jets drafted a few spots ahead clearly in their sights.  But after grabbing the OT they wanted in round two they add length, athleticism and SEC experience to the back end of their defense.  The AFC being stocked with A+ QBs this player seemed logical and necessary.

The Falcons  @Alphadawg7 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (Alphadawg7) are on the clock

With the 74th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select:  Isaiah Spiller, RB Texas A&M

With his great vision and tough running, we are excited to add Spiller to our revamped offense.  There were some defensive positions we had looked at here, but with our targets off the board, we stayed true to our board and went BPA and took what we feel was a great value here.  Pairing him with Patterson this year will be a tremendous combo to help our young offense not only stay on the field, but finish drives.  

@BarleyNY and the Denver Broncos are now on the clock.

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

With the 74th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft, the Atlanta Falcons select:  Isaiah Spiller, RB Texas A&M

With his great vision and tough running, we are excited to add Spiller to our revamped offense.  There were some defensive positions we had looked at here, but with our targets off the board, we stayed true to our board and went BPA and took what we feel was a great value here.  Pairing him with Patterson this year will be a tremendous combo to help our young offense not only stay on the field, but finish drives.  

@BarleyNY and the Denver Broncos are now on the clock.

There goes 1 of the 3 picks I have on my short list...

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Broncos (BarelyNY) are on the clock
1 minute ago, Virgil said:

At this pace, I don't know if we will get 3 drafts in.  People are really stretching the 4 hours

Pick for them…take the highest rated player based on teams needs …..use your discretion 

Edited by Magnum Force

Just now, Virgil said:

At this pace, I don't know if we will get 3 drafts in.  People are really stretching the 4 hours

You may need to be selective and avoid posters who take excessive time.

I also would avoid 3 rounds - the knowledge of players 75 and above drops off.

Good job as usual - thanks for the leadership.

• Sad 1

Agreed.  With my vacation starting on Saturday, I think there will be a week break, and I will start 2.0 with trades on 4/17 for 2 rounds.  If that gets done within a week, I'll try a one round 3.0

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Virgil said:

Agreed.  With my vacation starting on Saturday, I think there will be a week break, and I will start 2.0 with trades on 4/17 for 2 rounds.  If that gets done within a week, I'll try a one round 3.0

Going anywhere fun/interesting?

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Going anywhere fun/interesting?

Taking the kid to see the parents in Florida.  Going to Disney and Universal for a day each.  Just relaxing.  But I don't intend to bring my laptop and fully check out mentally

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.