TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Virgil

14 minutes ago, H2o said:

With the 98th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft....the New Orleans Saints select....Zach Tom / T / Wake Forest

Tom is a good get here for us in the 3rd Round. He has good football smarts, is super athletic for his size, very good mirroring defenders, and especially excels in Pass Pro. His style of play also fits well into the offense we run. As a 3 year starter at Wake Forest he has also proven to be durable starting 37 games, with 23 of those coming at LT. I know SOME people are saying he's a Center/Interior OL prospect, but we see him as an OL prospect in general with the ability to play multiple positions along the front. He will get a shot at T on this team. 

@frostbitmic and the Browns are on the clock. 

I think as a tackle he is a backup. I really like him at center to be a Mitch Morse type. 

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Browns (frostbitmic) are on the clock

With the 99th pick in TSW Mock Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Justyn Ross, WR, Clemson.

After dumping OBJ last year and not wanting to pay Jarvis (blindside) Landry 20M per season, the Browns felt adding another WR to play opposite of Amari Cooper would be beneficial.

Ross missed 2020 with a back injury but came back from that fine last year. Then he broke a bone in his foot but played the majority of the season before shutting it down to have surgery. His college HC Dabo Swinney believes he'll be healthy and ready to go this season and that he'll be a star in the NFL. High praise for a coach and I have respect for his opinion.

In the draft the Browns added

Daniel Faalele -OT  - 6'8" 380 trimmed down athletic pounds to protect our QB

Nik Bonitto - Edge - to get after the opponents QB

Justyn Ross - 6'3" WR as a new toy for our new QB

The Ravens @Virgil are on the clock

Edited by frostbitmic
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think as a tackle he is a backup. I really like him at center to be a Mitch Morse type. 

McCoy is no lock at the C position either by any means in NO.  But I think he (Tom) is athletic enough, has a good punch with his hands, is smart enough, and has the technique to play on the outside. If it doesn't work out there then we fully expect him to be an upgrade elsewhere. :thumbsup:

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Saints (H2o) are on the clock

With the 100th pick in TSW Mock Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select Kalia Davis, DL, UCF.

The Ravens really need help in the trenches and Davis is a value pick.  While there are concerns about his height (6'10 and injury history, he is explosive off the ball and an Elite DT.  This pick could go either way, but at +13 and no other DL players with a 3rd or 4th round grade, we are willing ot take our chances.

The Saints @H2oare on the clock

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, H2o said:

McCoy is no lock at the C position either by any means in NO.  But I think he (Tom) is athletic enough, has a good punch with his hands, is smart enough, and has the technique to play on the outside. If it doesn't work out there then we fully expect him to be an upgrade elsewhere. :thumbsup:

Yea McCoy is an impending free agent on a team with cap issues. They drafted Cesar Ruiz a couple of years back but that hasn't really worked out. I like the thinking with Tom. He is an interesting prospect and he fits the NO profile for oline. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 101st pick in the 2022 NFL Draft.....the New Orleans Saints select..... Channing Tindall / LB / Georgia

Tindall is a true sideline-to-sideline ILB prospect. That Georgia defense was just loaded with talent everywhere. He also isn't relied on to start right away as he can learn the defense and split time with Demario Davis until he's comfortable to take over. Tindall can get caught up in the wash at times and he may bite on a misdirection in the passing game here or there, but you can't teach the sheer athleticism he possesses and his love for hitting people. The flaws can be coached out of his game and we expect him to be a real contributor on defense, as well as (dare I say it with some members' hatred for it? :lol:) Special Teams initially. 

@Virgil and the Dolphins are on the clock. 

• Like (+1) 1

The Lions ended up with 

Edge- Kayvon Thibodeaux 

LB- Nakobe Dean

WR- Christian Watson

DE/DT- Logan Hall

CB- Joshua Williams

We’re very happy with the haul on defense. We solidified the DL and pass rush with 2 disrupters will great burst and explosiveness off the line in Thibodeaux and Hall.

Dean gives us the do it all 3 down LB that we’ve been searching for in previous drafts.  We envision him being the vocal and emotional leader of our defense for years to come.  

Josh Williams is all upside.  Not a sure thing by any means. He’s a nice compliment and competitor to our current outside corner stable.  He’ll challenge for cb2 by 2023, possibly in 2022

While it seems we neglected the offensive side of the ball, we aren’t in any rush to contend.  Stockpiling what we thought were the high upside players was our plan.  We feel Watsons ceiling is sky high and aren’t in a huge rush for him to develop.  He’s ours for the long haul and love his big play ability.  He has a couple long and lanky vets to learn from in Chark and Reynolds. 

No qb you say?  That’s right, this qb class stinks and would prefer to add potential starters rather than a qb that has a 2% chance to be a decent starter.    We would have traded down and accumulated picks for next years draft of it we’re allowed.  We just didn’t feel like drafting the next Bryce Petty.  

Mel called and gave me an A++.  The only

one so far.  Sorry to the rest of you 😘 

Edited by NewEra
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Sad 1

On 4/6/2022 at 3:35 PM, Ralonzo said:

I just don’t think any of these RBs, including Hall and Walker are really “special” prospects.  I would not touch either in the first and I would really have to not like any players at other positions left at 57 to take one of the RBs.

7 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Lions ended up with 

Edge- Kayvon Thibodeaux 

LB- Nakobe Dean

WR- Christian Watson

DE/DT- Logan Hall

CB- Joshua Williams

We’re very happy with the haul on defense. We solidified the DL and pass rush with 2 disrupters will great burst and explosiveness off the line in Thibodeaux and Hall.

Dean gives us the do it all 3 down LB that we’ve been searching for in previous drafts.  We envision him being the vocal and emotional leader of our defense for years to come.  

Josh Williams is all upside.  Not a sure thing by any means. He’s a nice compliment and competitor to our current outside corner stable.  He’ll challenge for cb2 by 2023, possibly in 2022

While it seems we neglected the offensive side of the ball, we aren’t in any rush to contend.  Stockpiling what we thought were the high upside players was our plan.  We feel Watsons ceiling is sky high and aren’t in a huge rush for him to develop.  He’s ours for the long haul and love his big play ability.  He has a couple long and lanky vets to learn from in Chark and Reynolds. 

No qb you say?  That’s right, this qb class stinks and would prefer to add potential starters rather than a qb that has a 2% chance to be a decent starter.    We would have traded down and accumulated picks for next years draft of it we’re allowed.  We just didn’t feel like drafting the next Bryce Petty.  

Mel called and gave me an A++.  The only

one so far.  Sorry to the rest of you 😘 

That’s a great haul for the Lions. Two immediate impact defenders, two guys in Williams and Hall who will compete for starting minutes by year 2, and a freak at WR.

Well done.

• Agree 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Chiefs (Logic) are on the clock
8 minutes ago, Logic said:

That’s a great haul for the Lions. Two immediate impact defenders, two guys in Williams and Hall who will compete for starting minutes by year 2, and a freak at WR.

Well done.

😃 thanks.  Your opinion is always appreciated.  

I wanted McCollum over Williams…but you snagged him.  Great draft for you as well.  Not what some expected, but I love the values. 

Edited by NewEra

1 hour ago, H2o said:

With the 98th pick in the 2022 NFL Draft....the New Orleans Saints select....Zach Tom / T / Wake Forest

Tom is a good get here for us in the 3rd Round. He has good football smarts, is super athletic for his size, very good mirroring defenders, and especially excels in Pass Pro. His style of play also fits well into the offense we run. As a 3 year starter at Wake Forest he has also proven to be durable starting 37 games, with 23 of those coming at LT. I know SOME people are saying he's a Center/Interior OL prospect, but we see him as an OL prospect in general with the ability to play multiple positions along the front. He will get a shot at T on this team. 

@frostbitmic and the Browns are on the clock. 

Strongly considered Tom a few picks ago.  Went with the bigger need.  I agree that he’s an IOL in the NFL.  I’d have taken him if I thought he was a starting OT. 

• Like (+1) 1

With the 103rd pick in the NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska.

With the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers all boasting high powered passing attacks -- not to mention those of conference foes Buffalo and Cincinnati -- we wanted to continue to add to our secondary. Luckily, the true BPA on our board happened to be a strong, physical corner in Cam Taylor-Britt. Whereas our previous third round pick Zyon McCollum may need a year or two of seasoning and special teams work before he's ready to contribute full time, Taylor-Britt will step in day one and compete for a starting spot. He's aggressive, physical, offers good size, and has ample experience in both press-man and zone techniques. He joins Daxton Hill, Zyon McCollum, and free agent Justin Reid in a revamped secondary.

@TPS And the St Louis Los Angeles Rams are now on the clock.

The Chiefs came into the draft wanting to find a homerun threat at WR to replace the departed Tyreek Hill, and to provide ample reinforcements to their defense, which has lacked punch in recent seasons.

With six picks through three rounds, we are thrilled with our selections, having added:

DT Devonte Wyatt
S Daxton Hill

WR Calvin Austin III
DE Sam Williams
CB Zyon McCollum
CB Cam Taylor-Britt

Calvin Austin III will provide instant explosiveness to our offense and will help ease the pain of losing Tyreek Hill. 

On defense, Sam Williams and Devonte Wyatt will increase our ability to pressure the passer, while defensive backs Daxton Hill, Cam Taylor-Britt, and Zyon McCollum will improve the depth, physicality, and playmaking ability of our secondary. 

We stuck to drafting the Best Player Available throughout the draft, and though it looked a little different than some may have expected, we feel we got markedly more explosive in the passing game, as well as greatly improving our ability to combat the increasingly potent passing offenses of the AFC. 

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Rams (TPS) are on the clock
2 minutes ago, Logic said:

With the 103rd pick in the NFL Draft, the Kansas City Chiefs select Cam Taylor-Britt, CB, Nebraska.

With the Raiders, Broncos, and Chargers all boasting high powered passing attacks -- not to mention those of conference foes Buffalo and Cincinnati -- we wanted to continue to add to our secondary. Luckily, the true BPA on our board happened to be a strong, physical corner in Cam Taylor-Britt. Whereas our previous third round pick Zyon McCollum may need a year or two of seasoning and special teams work before he's ready to contribute full time, Taylor-Britt will step in day one and compete for a starting spot. He's aggressive, physical, offers good size, and has ample experience in both press-man and zone techniques. He joins Daxton Hill, Zyon McCollum, and free agent Justin Reid in a revamped secondary.

The Chiefs came into the draft wanting to find a homerun threat at WR to replace the departed Tyreek Hill, and to provide ample reinforcements to their defense, which has lacked punch in recent seasons.

With six picks through three rounds, we are thrilled with our selections, having added:

DT Devonte Wyatt
S Daxton Hill

WR Calvin Austin III
DE Sam Williams
CB Zyon McCollum
CB Cam Taylor-Britt

Calvin Austin III will provide instant explosiveness to our offense and will help ease the pain of losing Tyreek Hill. 

On defense, Sam Williams and Devonte Wyatt will increase our ability to pressure the passer, while defensive backs Daxton Hill, Cam Taylor-Britt, and Zyon McCollum will improve the depth, physicality, and playmaking ability of our secondary. 

We stuck to drafting the Best Player Available throughout the draft, and though it looked a little different than some may have expected, we feel we got markedly more explosive in the passing game, as well as greatly improving our ability to combat the increasingly potent passing offenses of the AFC. 

I was deciding between Williams and Taylor Britt.  Probably should’ve went T-B but prefer Willims due to height/length

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Logic said:

DT Devonte Wyatt
S Daxton Hill

WR Calvin Austin III
DE Sam Williams
CB Zyon McCollum
CB Cam Taylor-Britt

I think Taylor-Britt is a possible Bills target in rd 3...

• Agree 1

37 minutes ago, mannc said:

I think Taylor-Britt is a possible Bills target in rd 3...

Agreed. If the Bills haven’t taken a corner by round 3, I’d love them to select one of Williams, Taylor-Britt, or Bryant, then trade back up and take another one of those 3. Big fan of a mid round double-dip of a couple of these big, strong, zone proficient 3rd-4th round CBs.

Of course, the one day I'm gone all day...

With the  only pick in the first 3 rounds of the 2022 NFL draft, the LA Rams select Myjai Sanders, Edge, Cincinnatti.

No pressure, but Myjai will take over for perennial all-pro Von Miller who left us for some team out east...

@MAJBobby and the 49ers are on the clock.

With the Final Pick in the 3rd round. The 49er select Donhovan West, C Az St. 

filled final need with the last pick in the draft. We feel good value here. Started every game since a Freshman. Finished with a 72.3 overall grade. 

@Virgil this was fun. Appreciate it. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Virgil said:

The Miami Dolphins select Matt Araiza, Punter, San Diego St

Because we need one and deal with it 😋

The Chiefs @Logicare on the clock

He'll take the Matt Haack route and end up on the three time defending Super Bowl Champion Buffalo Bills in a few years.  :devil:

• Haha (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed

Thank you everyone.  

I will be on vacation for a week starting on Saturday and gone until the following Saturday.  

If no one starts another draft before then, I will start 2.0 with trades when I get back that night.  It will be two rounds.  

Thank you all so much for your participation.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.