Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Awww, he thought he was getting Waddle plus 1sts or the 4th/10th pick..

Ends up with no players and the highest pick is 29.  

Yeah but they do still have Travis Kelce who isn't going anywhere...I mean sure he's the same age as Gronk but still.

1 minute ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

All this big $$$ flying around, price on Diggs just keeps going up, hopefully Beane hasn't already been priced out of being able to retain him. They are likely going to have to work something out sooner rather than later to keep things smooth sailing into training camp, as Diggs has earned an extension as much as any of the other guys getting massive deals.  

Honestly not sure what I would do in Beane's shoes if it came down to a similar situation as Tyreek's.  Especially if you can get that 1st rounder back and then some, then sign/trade draft other respectable WR options.  Wouldn't be popular with the fan base but I don't love the idea of tying up so much guaranteed $$$ and cap space in WRs about to be 30.  Diggs will be 29 in November, but he does do a great job of protecting himself on the field, and the chemistry with 17 is undeniable, so the argument can be made either way.  

With this franchise on what it feels like it the precipice of something special, it makes the decision that much harder. Extend him and keep that continuity with Josh, or deal him and avoid a massive contract, get a sizeable return and use those picks to get a couple WRs on cheap contracts?  

Beane has several ways to free up space - he will pull the trigger if/ when he needs to

3 hours ago, Logic said:

I think we're going to continue to own the Dolphins as much as the next guy.

I also think Hill will become an under-producing malcontent, and will not like the steep dropoff in targets, production, prestige, and prime time games.

I also think it's stupid to give up that much draft capital for AND spend that much on a WR when you're not sure if your QB is "the guy" yet.

I also think that between Waddle and Hill, the Phins have now spent three 1sts, two 2nds, two fourths, and a 6th, not to mention a mega-contract, on 2 WRs.

Despite me saying all of that...

I can't deny that the Dolphins got materially better today. They added a six time Pro Bowler, three time All-Pro. This just a day after adding a Pro Bowl LT.

Hill - Waddle - Wilson - Parker - Gesicki - Edmonds - Mostert - Gaskin, with an improved offensive line, is about as much as they could have done to set Tua up for success.

It all comes down to the QB now...

There’s also the possibility (however unlikely) that McDaniel’s figures out how to unlock Lynn Bowden in that Deebo Samuel role. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

If you're a defensive coordinator, who would you be more concerned about, Tyreek Hill or Diggs?

If your're a defensive coordinator, who would you be more concerned about, Josh or Tua?    It starts and largely ends there.     

I don't care if the Fins have Jerry Rice and Randy Moss in their primes--they still got Tua.

8 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

It was a good trade for Miami. They essentially forfeit this year’s draft, but have two #1s next year. I would make this trade all day every day. 

Yea but the Bills have a QB and a team for that trade. So it would be good for the Bills, Dolphins don't even know if Tua is gonna start.

I feel like the Dolphins still think Watson is up for grabs when they made this deal.

6 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

All this big $$$ flying around, price on Diggs just keeps going up, hopefully Beane hasn't already been priced out of being able to retain him. They are likely going to have to work something out sooner rather than later to keep things smooth sailing into training camp, as Diggs has earned an extension as much as any of the other guys getting massive deals.  

Honestly not sure what I would do in Beane's shoes if it came down to a similar situation as Tyreek's.  Especially if you can get that 1st rounder back and then some, then sign/trade draft other respectable WR options.  Wouldn't be popular with the fan base but I don't love the idea of tying up so much guaranteed $$$ and cap space in WRs about to be 30.  Diggs will be 29 in November, but he does do a great job of protecting himself on the field, and the chemistry with 17 is undeniable, so the argument can be made either way.  

With this franchise on what it feels like it the precipice of something special, it makes the decision that much harder. Extend him and keep that continuity with Josh, or deal him and avoid a massive contract, get a sizeable return and use those picks to get a couple WRs on cheap contracts?  

Taking into account the projected cap increases when the new CBA kicks in,  the Bills should be able to afford to keep Diggs.  The challenge will be keeping all three of Diggs, Davis and Knox. 

7 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Doesn't really matter what Diggs will cost TBH.

It's a good thing the Chiefs waited so long to pull the trigger on this. They just cleared up a bunch of cap space after the big free agents already got signed by other teams. They just got notably worse with nothing to show for it but some unknown prospects. This is a great day for the Bills.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, HappyDays said:

It's a good thing the Chiefs waited so long to pull the trigger on this. They just cleared up a bunch of cap space after the big free agents already got signed by other teams. They just got notably worse with nothing to show for it but some unknown prospects. This is a great day for the Bills.

Agreed.  They may get some good players from those draft picks,  but it's highly unlikely that any of them will be as difficult to defend as Hill was.  On paper, it's not a bad trade,  but on the field,  I think they're worse for it. 

44 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

Fear no other teams, but RESPECT every single team no matter what, even if the talent is lopsided in favor of your team.  

I'm sure the Chiefs did this trade more to ensure the Bills have some competition for division and not a cakewalk for the 1 seed which I personally believe the Bills will get quite handily as they further convince all other fanbases that the Bills are the best team in football while Josh is our QB.  I really think the Bills are why the trade was made to try help the Dolphins. 

Wow, sorry I don’t think the Chiefs did this to help anyone but themselves. Seems like Hill was not happy, they get great value for him. I don’t think they cared who they traded with. With Tua as QB still not sure they challenge the Bills. Certainly puts them in playoff contention and moves Pats into very precarious position in division. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Agreed.  They may get some good players from those draft picks,  but it's highly unlikely that any of them will be as difficult to defend as Hill was.  On paper, it's not a bad trade,  but on the field,  I think they're worse for it. 

I don't think it's too far out there to think that if this trade had happened last offseason the Bills would have won the Super Bowl this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Junction said:

There’s also the possibility (however unlikely) that McDaniel’s figures out how to unlock Lynn Bowden in that Deebo Samuel role. 

In general, I think McDaniel will find tons of creative, effective ways to use Miami's team speed. 

Screens, jet sweeps, RPOs, WRs flexing into the backfield...

Hill, Waddle, Mostert, Edmonds, Bowden (as you mention)...Then, when you're concentrated on all that speed, Mike Gesicki and Cedrick Wilson catching 1st downs underneath.

Dolphins offense will be a lot harder to deal with than in recent seasons, even WITH Tua's limited physical skillset.

Everyone rightly points out that Tua doesn't/can't throw long effectively, but here's a stat: Tua had the 4th shortest average distance per throw in the NFL. Who had the 5th shortest? Patrick Mahomes.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

10 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I'd feel better about this if every other team in the AFC didn't already leap forward. 

I’m in the “it was a brilliant move by KC”. I believe Mahommes can ability-up those that play with him.  KC can now shore up the defense with those picks at a better price point.   If Kelce was the one to bolt, I think KC would have been diminished.  They can and will replace Hill.  

Miami entered the conversation with this move.  I think guys like Waddle, Wilson and Hill can make him a better QB.  Mostert in the backfield was a big add too.  

Bills v Miami games are going to be much more competitive now.  Should be fun. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

In general, I think McDaniel will find tons of creative, effective ways to use Miami's team speed. 

Screens, jet sweeps, RPOs, WRs flexing into the backfield...

Hill, Waddle, Mostert, Edmonds, Bowden (as you mention)...Then, when you're concentrated on all that speed, Mike Gesicki and Cedrick Wilson catching 1st downs underneath.

Dolphins offense will be a lot harder to deal with than in recent seasons, even WITH Tua's limited physical skillset.

Everyone rightly points out that Tua doesn't/can't throw long effectively, but here's a stat: Tua had the 4th shortest average distance per throw in the NFL. Who had the 5th shortest? Patrick Mahomes.

I saw this and came to share this as well. I'd love to hit Hill on 5 yard ins that he turns into 15 every third time. 

McDaniel has already said he loves the underneath game and it's going to be a staple of the offense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.