Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

A lot of you are assuming this coming season is going to be exactly like last season. It doesn't work that way. I think Dolphins finish 2nd and contend for a wild card spot. I think right now they are better than Jets and Patriots

• Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

but does it suit Hill ??

I would think so.  Think of how Shanahan would use Hill.  That's probably what McDaniel will do.  He was the run game coordinator in San Fran.  

Thank heavens the Phins don't have high level play at QB...for the moment anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

If Davis stays on track you may very well be right, but as of right now, no way.  You're definitely in the minority with this take.

Stays on track lol waddle has played one season…I’ll take the guy who’s part of the tandem that (should’ve) single handedly won two huge playoff games over a guy that caught dumpoffs from tua for one year and I don’t see that as any kind of hot take. 

34 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Tua is also good at extending plays. Unfortunately for him last year, he'd make 1 or 2 pass rushers miss when 2 or 3 of them were coming so Miami eventually realized their only chance of success was to get the ball out so quickly that their OLine didn't have a chance to ruin him. Their tackles allowed more pressures than anyone in the league last year despite Tua getting the ball out quicker than almost anyone.

I guess I watched another QB than you did.   

Tua's a game manager, who's just adequate enough to keep you from tossing in the towel and looking for an upgrade.    Giving him weapons is nice, but won't be a difference maker since he such a poor shot.

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

I would think so.  Think of how Shanahan would use Hill.  That's probably what McDaniel will do.  He was the run game coordinator in San Fran.  

Thank heavens the Phins don't have high level play at QB...for the moment anyway.

That’s the thing though they traded away all the picks they’d use for a game changing qb to be maybe the 6th or 7th best team in their conference? So strange to me.  And by the time they get the qb ironed out tyreek will be in the decline 

Just now, Shake_My_Head said:

I guess I watched another QB than you did.   

Tua's a game manager, who's just adequate enough to keep you from tossing in the towel and looking for an upgrade.    Giving him weapons is nice, but won't be a difference maker since he such a poor shot.

I wish we didn’t knock him out of that second matchup I’m pretty sure we would’ve sacked him 16 times that game.  And that was pre von miller

I don't really understand this trade, or know how to evaluate it anyways.  You already had a guy with a similar physical skillset in Waddle, you don't have a QB who is excellent at getting the ball out quickly or pushing the ball downfield.  You've given away a lot of picks, albeit for an excellent player.

I'm not saying that the Dolphins got fleeced, but I don't understand why they'd want to do it.  They weren't a WR away last season, like we were in 2019 with Diggs.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

53 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

I knew this was going to be the reply. taking what i said super out of context and tyrant to insinuate that i said Tua = Mahomes.

Typical though.

Im saying Hill is going to be used on short crossing routes and screens and reverses because he can just outrun people.

Do we not remeber Hill taking a 7 yard pass 70 yards for a TD against the Bills?

Tua needs to get him the ball,, can’t just discount who the field general is, I don’t dispute what they may try to do with him, execution is the key here, and Tua isn’t near as good as the field general as Mahomes is, we are talking about a 2nd rate QB, with a first term HC, will they have some success trying that approach? Likely yes, but they are limited by the personnel that is making the attempt. 

Edited by Don Otreply

2 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

This move is the best thing to happen to Buffalo all offseason. Playing the chiefs got a hell of a lot easier and the phins still aren't good enough to contend.

That’s the way I see it too…Miami just shot themselves in the foot trading first round picks away when they could’ve hit a homer with one of those and been great all to be maybe the second best team in their division.  They reportedly still have this years first but they can’t use that on a qb after a trade like that…they’re kind of committed all in while tyreek is in his prime 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't really understand this trade, or know how to evaluate it anyways.  You already had a guy with a similar physical skillset in Waddle, you don't have a QB who is excellent at getting the ball out quickly or pushing the ball downfield.  You've given away a lot of picks, albeit for an excellent player.

I'm not saying that the Dolphins got fleeced, but I don't understand why they'd want to do it.  They weren't a WR away last season, like we were in 2019 with Diggs.

What’s difficult to understand? Offense was the Dolphins biggest problem and Hill helps that. 

• Agree 1

Maybe I should be worried but I'm  not. Flores was no schmuck, and got a lot out of his teams. I don't buy the idea that McDaniel comes in and turns a struggling Tua into a star in one year.

Do I think they might challenge the Pats for #2 and a wild card? Maybe. But not the division.

Just now, Bangarang said:

What’s difficult to understand? Offense was the Dolphins biggest problem and Hill helps that. 

We lit up that defense many many times lol and offensive line was their biggest question mark…they didn’t do a whole lot to address that.  Tyreek hill is gonna take targets away from other guys that are good also it’s not exactly additive…  I would’ve given tua this year then used the firsts they traded away on a qb.  

• Like (+1) 1

Defensive coordinators will play Hill completely differently now that he's in Miami. They gave him 10 yards of cushion because of Mahomes' ability to hit him deep. 

Now with Tua throwing him the ball, cornerbacks can afford to be more aggressive and try to take away the underneath routes. Miami will try to be creative in their play calls to get Hill the ball, but he'll essentially be a gadget slot receiver and probably will be held to under 1,000 yards.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.