Tyreek seeking a trade [Now: Traded to the Dolphins]

Dablitzkrieg

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

Defensive coordinators will play Hill completely differently now that he's in Miami. They gave him 10 yards of cushion because of Mahomes' ability to hit him deep. 

Now with Tua throwing him the ball, cornerbacks can afford to be more aggressive and try to take away the underneath routes. Miami will try to be creative in their play calls to get Hill the ball, but he'll essentially be a gadget slot receiver and probably will be held to under 1,000 yards.

Tua throws deep balls with nice touch  but I just don’t see him getting the time to do so…the right side of their offensive line still looks pretty terrible 

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What’s difficult to understand? Offense was the Dolphins biggest problem and Hill helps that. 

I don't think you should trade a ton of assets for a top WR when you have obvious serious doubts about your QB situation, and frankly I don't see how this really helps your offense so much when you already had a guy with a similar physical skillset in Waddle. 

Hill was so dangerous because A)His speed and B)The guy throwing it to him could put it anywhere on the field.  Tua can't push the ball like that. He can't extend the play like Mahomes could so Hill would have an extra 2-3 seconds to burn his man.

He's an absolutely excellent player. Is he worth 5 draft picks and a mega contract when you don't have the QB piece settled?  I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.  Just seems like a backwards way to build your team.

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

We lit up that defense many many times lol and offensive line was their biggest question mark…they didn’t do a whole lot to address that.  Tyreek hill is gonna take targets away from other guys that are good also it’s not exactly additive…  I would’ve given tua this year then used the firsts they traded away on a qb.  

Even if we sweep them, they’re still going to be a tough team. They were a fringe playoff team already with one of the worst o-lines in the league and Fitz/Tua.

And what do you mean they haven’t done a whole lot to address their o-line? They signed Terron Armstead and Connor Williams. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

What’s difficult to understand? Offense was the Dolphins biggest problem and Hill helps that. 

Considering we’ve averaged 36 points the last six games against them, I’m not sure I agree offense is their biggest problem. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

Defensive coordinators will play Hill completely differently now that he's in Miami. They gave him 10 yards of cushion because of Mahomes' ability to hit him deep. 

Now with Tua throwing him the ball, cornerbacks can afford to be more aggressive and try to take away the underneath routes. Miami will try to be creative in their play calls to get Hill the ball, but he'll essentially be a gadget slot receiver and probably will be held to under 1,000 yards.

Tua can absolutely throw a ball 20 yards downfield. As a UGA fan i can vouge for tis {Rolls eyes}

Do people think that Hill was just catching 70 yard air passes from Mahomes his entire tenure there?

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I don't think you should trade a ton of assets for a top WR when you have obvious serious doubts about your QB situation, and frankly I don't see how this really helps your offense so much when you already had a guy with a similar physical skillset in Waddle. 

Hill was so dangerous because A)His speed and B)The guy throwing it to him could put it anywhere on the field.  Tua can't push the ball like that. He can't extend the play like Mahomes could so Hill would have an extra 2-3 seconds to burn his man.

He's an absolutely excellent player. Is he worth 5 draft picks and a mega contract when you don't have the QB piece settled?  I don't think so, but maybe I'm wrong.  Just seems like a backwards way to build your team.

They are fixing the o-line and surrounding Tua with as many weapons as possible so there is little doubt about his future if he doesn’t take a big step forward. 

They were likely never going to take a QB high this year. They still have two 1st round picks next year that they can use on a QB or package to trade up for one. If that happens, they’ll have a rookie stepping in with a better o-line and great weapons. 

The plan makes sense to me. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Bangarang said:

Even if we sweep them, they’re still going to be a tough team. They were a fringe playoff team already with one of the worst o-lines in the league and Fitz/Tua.

And what do you mean they haven’t done a whole lot to address their o-line? They signed Terron Armstead and Connor Williams. 

Who’s on the right side/center of their offensive line?  They have huge flaws there still.  Couple weak links on the offensive line is a disaster regardless of how good the other guys are.  

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Considering we’ve averaged 36 points the last six games against them, I’m not sure I agree offense is their biggest problem. 

Most teams had that problem with us. That’s what happens when you have one of the best QBs in the league. 

• Like (+1) 1

KC saw the writing on the wall with Hill. I said it in one of the threads a month or so ago that Hill's only asset is his speed. He does not have great hands or a diverse route tree. He also does not strike me as the kind of player to work hard at developing other aspects of his game. His body already started showing signs of wear and tear last year. Good move for KC in the long run, Miami will appear to get the better end of the deal for the first half of 2022. I always trust a well-run organization over one that hasn't been run competently for years. 

Who’s on the right side/center of their offensive line?  They have huge flaws there still.  Couple weak links on the offensive line is a disaster regardless of how good the other guys are.  

This draft looks pretty deep with lineman. Granted they don’t pick until round 3 now but you can still find a quality lineman then. 

Lots of things can happen between now and September. 

Edited by Bangarang

3 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

They are fixing the o-line and surrounding Tua with as many weapons as possible so there is little doubt about his future if he doesn’t take a big step forward. 

They were likely never going to take a QB high this year. They still have two 1st round picks next year that they can use on a QB or package to trade up for one. If that happens, they’ll have a rookie stepping in with a better o-line and great weapons. 

The plan makes sense to me. 

They still have massive holes along the offensive line…even if tua massively improves they just won’t be able to fill these holes til the shiny new receiver they just traded for is declining.  

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They still have massive holes along the offensive line…even if tua massively improves they just won’t be able to fill these holes til the shiny new receiver they just traded for is declining.  

They right side needs attention but the season doesn’t start for another 5 months. 

Yea cause they don't have 2 first round draft picks still next year

I get the homerism, but come on dude.

• Dislike 3

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

This draft looks pretty deep with lineman. Granted they don’t pick until round 3 now but you can still find a quality lineman then. 

Lots of things can happen between now and September. 

Guess we’ll see…makes no sense to me but I’m sure the dolphins front office knows a little more about football than I do 😂. They could go back in time and bring in a vintage Jerry rice and I still think their offense is gonna be severely limited by their passing protection.  

Just now, Bangarang said:

They right side needs attention but the season doesn’t start for another 5 months. 

Right but now they don’t pick til mid round 3…right side and center.  Like if it was one bad linemen you can certainly gameplan around that .  But it’s three big holes 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.