Von Miller's First 24 Hours as a Buffalo Bill

T&C

5 minutes ago, T&C said:

Well *****, I didn't know I was going to disappoint so many people when I posted it lol.

The comments…geez.  I watched the whole thing and appreciated it.  This isn’t a wide-eyed rookie, it’s a 12-year veteran checking out things at his new digs.  Welcome to the Bills, Von.

• Like (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, eball said:

The comments…geez.  I watched the whole thing and appreciated it.  This isn’t a wide-eyed rookie, it’s a 12-year veteran checking out things at his new digs.  Welcome to the Bills, Von.

and it's not a guy coming from a crappy team and ***** organization, hell he said he was torn in the press conference and why wouldn't he be the Super Bowl Champions and Aaron Donald is a hell of a thing to leave.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

42 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

anybody else catch that little chamber/pod...... was that an oxygen tent? cryogenic therapy? something else?

Are you talking about the little pods when he walked out of the locker room and they were showing him the back entrance where the players usually come in?

Bod pods, Body Composition analyzers

https://www.cosmed.com/en/products/body-composition/bod-pod

Used to be players would step on a scale and weigh in.

Nonononono, now we have a seat in the air displacement plethysmograph which uses whole-body densitometry to determine body composition.

And in case anyone cares, no, I could not spell "plethysmograph", I copied and pasted.

• Haha (+1) 4

Looked like Von was all business, with some lite repartee with staff members. He knows why he’s here.

Go Bills!!!

I thought this was a great vid.  Thanks for posting OP.  

I also don't think he was in a sign and GTFO mode.  I think he was taking it all in and observing and analyzing what he would be getting into.  He may live in a different world from the rest of us, but his world has just been uprooted.  I'm sure it's a big move for him and I'm sure he's done a lot of thinking as to whether or not he's made the right choice.  It's still a life changing moment for him.

Just from that clip, I'm super excited and glad he is now a Bill.  He is the real deal.  Go Bills!! 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Are you talking about the little pods when he walked out of the locker room and they were showing him the back entrance where the players usually come in?

Bod pods, Body Composition analyzers

https://www.cosmed.com/en/products/body-composition/bod-pod

Used to be players would step on a scale and weigh in.

Nonononono, now we have a seat in the air displacement plethysmograph which uses whole-body densitometry to determine body composition.

And in case anyone cares, no, I could not spell "plethysmograph", I copied and pasted.

ahhhhhhhhhh ok. still a cool tool to have! unless you're Dareus coming back for training camp lol "let's see what you've been up to this summer"

side note... i do believe we have the cryotherapy chambers at facility too

Edited by BillsShredder83

Just now, BillsShredder83 said:

ahhhhhhhhhh ok. still a cool tool to have! unless you're Dareus coming back for training camp lol "let's see what you've been up to this summer"

Yeah, I was lookin at those things going "D-Dawk and Daquon Jones fit in those little pods?  Really?"

They actually are cool technology.

The Bills are said to have hyperbaric chambers.  I haven't heard about cryotherapy but since they have everything else, might be there somewhere.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, msw2112 said:

I agree that this was not the most exciting piece they've released.  But it's the offseason and the building was pretty empty.  No players around.  Miller was just checking out the place and getting a feel for his surroundings. 

That was the short version that left out the thousands of people greeting him at the airport at 2:30am.  

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, phypon said:

I thought this was a great vid.  Thanks for posting OP.  

I also don't think he was in a sign and GTFO mode.  I think he was taking it all in and observing and analyzing what he would be getting into.  He may live in a different world from the rest of us, but his world has just been uprooted.  I'm sure it's a big move for him and I'm sure he's done a lot of thinking as to whether or not he's made the right choice.  It's still a life changing moment for him.

Just from that clip, I'm super excited and glad he is now a Bill.  He is the real deal.  Go Bills!! 

Seems like just a real chill dude too, very laid back.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Don Otreply said:

Looked like Von was all business, with some lite repartee with staff members. He knows why he’s here.

Go Bills!!!

That's what I thought - all business.  I also got the sense he was still recovering from the stress of the previous 24 hrs - and as normal with anyone after a big move to a new place probably still had a bit of doubt/apprehension. It felt to me like he had to manufacture some of the little excitement he showed.  I'm sure that will change once he gets around all the players.

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.