Bills sign Duke Johnson!!

BillsMafi$

7 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Meh, a receiving back who can’t run anymore. Which means if he’s in on 3rd down, teams basically know what we are doing. Better of drafting a RB who can do everything. 

And what would that be? Just because if he's in on 3rd down don't mean a thing. There's no telling what they do....

2 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Maybe you should start a thread about this! 

Oh, wait....

Well when we have a scrambling Josh on a designed run play that breaks a few ribs, don’t come crying to me. I appreciate Allen as a runner, but it’s a stupid risk considering what he means to this team. Just get a speed work horse RB that can do it all. 

Edited by IronMaidenBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Well when we have a scrambling Josh on a designed run play that breaks a few ribs, don’t come crying to me. I appreciate Allen as a runner, but it’s a stupid risk considering what he means to this team. Just get a speed work horse RB that can do it all. 

I'm not worried about it....

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I bet the Steelers don’t consider Najee Harris a wasted pick. Or many of the other top RBs to go high end over the years. If we had a Jonathan Taylor type of RB, we are unstoppable. It’s the missing key. 

Najee Harris was a waste of a pick. He was a volume guy on an average (at best) team. Almost 400 touches and he averaged under 4 yards per carry 😂. They could’ve used that pick on MUCH more impactful positions. 

You realize the numbers bear out that taking a RB1 in round 1 is one of the worse values you can get, right? I’m not just making this up. 

Jonathan Taylor was a 2nd round pick… 

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I just love the Obsession with RBs in the Bills fan base.

Give me WRs, TEs, CBs, OL, DL, QBs, etc etc heck even Punters and Kickers over a RB (Can find them all over the place)

Yeah, can find a Jonathan Taylor and a Derrick Henry all over the place. Lol . Do you know what a Jonathan Taylor would mean for this team? Why wouldn’t any sane fan want that? 

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

Najee Harris was a waste of a pick. He was a volume guy on an average (at best) team. Almost 400 touches and he averaged under 4 yards per carry 😂. They could’ve used that pick on MUCH more impactful positions. 

You realize the numbers bear out that taking a RB1 in round 1 is one of the worse values you can get, right? I’m not just making this up. 

Jonathan Taylor was a 2nd round pick… 

I know he was a 2nd round pick, but an upper 2nd round pick. Likely where Breece Hall is going to go. We either take him, trade down, or trade up into the 2nd. 

1 hour ago, Back2Buff said:

Hopefully he doesn't make the team.  Solves zero need.

Need to draft a speed back.

his stats do show some ability to catch the ball out of the backfield with a 8+ yards/reception, which is what we had (temporarily) with the JD Makes-Me-Sick signing, yeah the Duke not a a big play/speed guy but perhaps Dorsey is going to add that feature to the scheme where the safeties are playing deeper and the under-wheel-flat routes show some opportunities...will take 8-9 yards at-a-time to keep the chains moving for sure as there are going to be plenty of long drives that eat clock, rest the D, and end in FGs, to go along with the big plays

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/duke-johnson-16801/stats-valuation/

Edited by First Round Bust
sp

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I just love the Obsession with RBs in the Bills fan base.

Give me WRs, TEs, CBs, OL, DL, QBs, etc etc heck even Punters and Kickers over a RB (Can find them all over the place)

Yeah, and I mean I for one wasn't expecting much done especially with how much they improved last few games when finally getting the OL personnel worked out. I expected Breida to be replaced, but who didn't really lol....

9 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

his running is a big part of why we're a good team

6 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Yeah, can find a Jonathan Taylor and a Derrick Henry all over the place. Lol . Do you know what a Jonathan Taylor would mean for this team? Why wouldn’t any sane fan want that? 

I know he was a 2nd round pick, but an upper 2nd round pick. Likely where Breece Hall is going to go. We either take him, trade down, or trade up into the 2nd. 

How many playoff games have Jonathan Taylor and Derrick Henry won???  How many Super Bowls???

11 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I mean I guess I'll feel a little bad if Josh breaks some poor guys ribs.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, nucci said:

his running is a big part of why we're a good team

That isn’t sustainable though long term. Mobile QBs don’t last long in the league, that’s just a fact. At some point, I hope Allen and management realize that they have to stop it and maximize his longevity. I want Allen to have a long career, that won’t happen if he continues to run like he does. 

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

Love it, he was great for Miami last year. Great receiving back has been under utilized his whole career.

Hope he doesn't get the Yeldon/Brieda treatment though.

Voted awesome just for the music! 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.