Bills trade 7th rnd pick for backup Case Keenum

Hebert19

I don’t know if this has been discussed earlier, I’m at work and can’t go through 20 pages but I think that Beane is more of a genius than what he has already been credited. This QB carousel is like musical chairs, when the music stops there’s going to be a couple of teams that are still in need of a QB. 

I’m starting to think that Keemun is trade bait. Under Dorsey I’m expecting more of a run game this season which would help whatever back up QB but especially Barkley. I expect Barkley to be the back up and Keenum is traded. 

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I’m starting to think that Keemun is trade bait. Under Dorsey I’m expecting more of a run game this season which would help whatever back up QB but especially Barkley. I expect Barkley to be the back up and Keenum is traded. 

No..

Barkley jumped the shark when he was here the last time… I don’t want him anywhere near the field on game day…

If he wants to work a gazillion hours doing film study and other leg work that Davis Webb did from the practice squad then I’m fine with that…

And what “trade bait” is Keenum going to get you anyway? He just went for a 7th and Cleveland had to tip in some money to make that work…

5 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

I don’t know if this has been discussed earlier, I’m at work and can’t go through 20 pages but I think that Beane is more of a genius than what he has already been credited. This QB carousel is like musical chairs, when the music stops there’s going to be a couple of teams that are still in need of a QB. 

what could you possibly get for Keenum?

On 3/20/2022 at 3:38 PM, Aussie Joe said:

This signing looks like it’s vintage Beane..

Got the Browns to pay his $1m bonus for the cost of a 7th and at $3.5m Keenan is good value ..assume he might be chasing a ring also..

Hopefully he won’t see the field in meaningful action just like Mitch ..apart from Week 18 when they have clinched home field… but if Josh misses a couple of games Case might  be a chance of getting us a win…

Well done Beane.,,

I hope as I did with other previous backups that backups would get meaningful snaps in 2nd half because Bills were far enough ahead and all three teams were playing well enough that backup QB could run offense and reduce number of hits on our starting QB.  This would also reduce risks of him being hurt and forcing Bills to start backup QB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

So his 6.1M cap hit is now 3.5M.  Was this just a salary reduction or did the Brown pay some?    I am curious why Keenum would agree to that since he seems like someone people view as a quality backup.

Browns retained some salary cap by paying out his bonus before the trade I do believe

21 hours ago, Tipster19 said:

Or...Bills try to stash Barkley on the PS.. 

18 minutes ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

So his 6.1M cap hit is now 3.5M.  Was this just a salary reduction or did the Brown pay some?    I am curious why Keenum would agree to that since he seems like someone people view as a quality backup.

I understand the Browns only paid his $1M roster bonus a few days ago which is seperate to his salary… 

As to why he agreed to come to Buffalo for less money… perhaps at this stage of his career he is looking to be on a team that can win the championship… also he figures he may be able to  sign again at Buffalo in 2023 if things go well… 

1 hour ago, 13 Second Prevent Defense said:

Basically at this point the details haven't come out and we don't know.

It could beconverted to incentives, it could have been converted to salary bonus and divided between this year and a void year, it could have remained with the Browns. 

As I recall, none of the money in the Browns contract was guaranteed, so they could have just cut him?

Whatever happened, it seems like a good bet that Keenum had to agree.

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Basically at this point the details haven't come out and we don't know.

It could beconverted to incentives, it could have been converted to salary bonus and divided between this year and a void year, it could have remained with the Browns. 

As I recall, none of the money in the Browns contract was guaranteed, so they could have just cut him?

Whatever happened, it seems like a good bet that Keenum had to agree.

The Browns dead cap figure for Keenum is on Spotrac ..

Doesnt include any salary…just his pro rata signing bonus and roster bonus..

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/

6 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

The Browns dead cap figure for Keenum is on Spotrac ..

Doesnt include any salary…just his pro rata signing bonus and roster bonus..

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/cap/

Fair.  The Keenum figure showing a $3.5M cap hit is on the Bills salary cap table, but still in purple, leading me to believe there are some details not known.

2 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

I understand the Browns only paid his $1M roster bonus a few days ago which is seperate to his salary… 

As to why he agreed to come to Buffalo for less money… perhaps at this stage of his career he is looking to be on a team that can win the championship… also he figures he may be able to  sign again at Buffalo in 2023 if things go well… 

He could agree to a reduced salary for a number of reasons I guess, but I guess given what Tyrod Taylor and others get, a guy with his experience and production is worthy of more than 3.5M.  At least that is what I would have thought.  I was wrong one time before though so anything is possible :)  In any event, I think this is great for our Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.