Bills trade 7th rnd pick for backup Case Keenum

Hebert19

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

His best season came in a dome, but even his last 3 stops in the NFL all outdoors - Denver, Washington, Cleveland - he has thrown 32 touchdowns against 21 picks and completed over 60% of his throws. They are still top end backup Quarterback numbers and for a 7th round pick which is basically no different to signing a free agent.

I take the point on the cap hit. $6m did feel a lot to me when I saw it. Let's see what it comes out at. I am happy with Keenum because I thought we were going to be looking in the Matt Barkley / Mike Glennon tier of backups and Keenum is way better than that. 

If $6.1m is the number I expect the Bills to extenr him and lower the hit. 

This is a different conversation,  right now Chase Daniel was signed as a back-up for 2mllion cap hit and Tyrod Taylor has a 2.7 mllion cap hit this season.  Bridgewater has one of highest at 6.5 mllion, but I believe he started last season.

Need to get that 6.1 number to half so we can sign a CB or guard.  BATES is meeting with Patriots,  so both the CB position and guard spots could use a free agent signing.

21 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

Name calling when you don't agree?  sorry if his cap number is at 6 million and we go into the draft without signing a CB then I don't like the trade.  Now if the Bills restructure to get his number to around 3-4 million then I would be fine,  still need money to sign Barkley who is rumoured to be coming in next week.

we don't need Barkley...he's also a terrible QB

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

This is a different conversation,  right now Chase Daniel was signed as a back-up for 2mllion cap hit and Tyrod Taylor has a 2.7 mllion cap hit this season.  Bridgewater has one of highest at 6.5 mllion, but I believe he started last season.

Need to get that 6.1 number to half so we can sign a CB or guard.  BATES is meeting with Patriots,  so both the CB position and guard spots could use a free agent signing.

Case is better than Chase and Tyrod. But I do take the point on the hit and agree it is a little on the high side.

25 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Case is better than Chase and Tyrod. But I do take the point on the hit and agree it is a little on the high side.

I still am waiting to see if they restructure and if that happens then I am fully on board. I just really want to see us sign some quality starting level CB,  because White may not return until Nov and we lost Wallace in free agency.

CB & guard are two positions we need to look at,  I Bates is visiting the Patriots this weekend. The cheaters may just sign him to pull information out of him and then we need a starting guard.  

7 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

I still am waiting to see if they restructure and if that happens then I am fully on board. I just really want to see us sign some quality starting level CB,  because White may not return until Nov and we lost Wallace in free agency.

CB & guard are two positions we need to look at,  I Bates is visiting the Patriots this weekend. The cheaters may just sign him to pull information out of him and then we need a starting guard.  

I'm sure everyone is on pins and needles over this

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Pray to the sweet baby Jesus that nothing happens to Josh!

Case Keenum?

Funny - coincidentally yours is the first post after the Bills PR release where he says in reference to Minnesota Miracle that one of the top moments of his life was giving his life to JC

3 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

But he's helped Josh in the past and a positive influence. Similar to what AVP was; guys like that are there for more than what they can do on the field.

I understand that but Josh seems ok 

40 minutes ago, Niagara Dude said:

this is such an overused statement. Players switch teams all the time...coaches watch film of other teams...there are scouts who watch other teams play all season. I don't think signing Bates is going to give Patriots a better chance to beat us

3 minutes ago, nucci said:

Josh was okay last season.

This year he was facing the prospects of a QB room that lost Daboll, Mitch Trubisky, and Davis Webb.

A Barkley signing would be intended to offset some of that loss.

Just now, Sierra Foothills said:

Josh was okay last season.

This year he was facing the prospects of a QB room that lost Daboll, Mitch Trubisky, and Davis Webb.

A Barkley signing would be intended to offset some of that loss.

ok but I think Barkley is a bit overrated on here

4 minutes ago, nucci said:

this is such an overused statement. Players switch teams all the time...coaches watch film of other teams...there are scouts who watch other teams play all season. I don't think signing Bates is going to give Patriots a better chance to beat us

Especially since have a new OC and new O-line coach etc. It would hurt to lose Bates but he was undrafted and a backup most of his career this far. We likely could get a better talent in the draft for less money.

• Agree 1

So Keenum is a cap hit of $3.5M for Buffalo? 

A better QB than Bridgewater with a smaller cap hit. A MUCH better QB than Kyle Allen with a slightly larger cap hit. 

And all it cost us was a pick that would’ve never made the roster… nice. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

So Keenum is a cap hit of $3.5M for Buffalo? 

A better QB than Bridgewater with a smaller cap hit. A MUCH better QB than Kyle Allen with a slightly larger cap hit. 

And all it cost us was a pick that would’ve never made the roster… nice. 

and we still have a 7th round pick

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.