Stefon Diggs Tweet...What you make of it?

Lost

13 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And in the 17 games to Help Bills get to Playoffs

you think Davis has the production he did in KC without Diggs in the other side?  Really people?  

We finally have a QB and modern offense and some fans here want to trade the QBs best friend and elite WR. 

can never have good things with some of this fan base. 

Diggs is great. I don't want him to leave. I just believe Josh is the reason for success, it has very little to do with Diggs.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, cv05 said:

Diggs is great. I don't want him to leave. I just believe Josh is the reason for success, it has very little to do with Diggs.

Based off what?  Have you seen Josh or our other WRs play at the level they are without Diggs? 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Based off what?  Have you seen Josh or our other WRs play at the level they are without Diggs? 

My eyes. Josh looked good in year 2 without Diggs. He would make throws I had never seen a Bills QB make (I'm post-Kelly). I was sold after year 2 and have only become more convinced of that since.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, cv05 said:

My eyes. Josh looked good in year 2 without Diggs. He would make throws I had never seen a Bills QB make (I'm post-Kelly). I was sold after year 2 and have only become more convinced of that since.

OK then Why did he not put up those numbers we seen in 2020 and 2021 without Diggs?

1 hour ago, cv05 said:

Yes. Diggs was invisible in the playoffs (10 targets and 6 catches, 67 yards over 2 games) and Josh put together the best offensive performance ever against NE, and the best clutch performance I've ever seen in sports against KC. What the team at large and more specifically the coaching staff did to Allen was criminal.

I don't associate anything about this losing franchise with Josh.

Defensively teams were taking Diggs away giving CB help. This allowed #2 WR to eat. Davis was at Golden Corral because of this 😎

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

14 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

OK then Why did he not put up those numbers we seen in 2020 and 2021 without Diggs?

Diggs helps.  Weapons help.   One of the weapons doesn’t need to be Diggs, although most of us hope one is. 

I think you’re shortchanging Allen… a lot. 

Look at that KC game.  Sure, Diggs helps open up Davis, but so could a Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson etc… or Davis open things up for them.  

Diggs was a huge move to help Allen in his growth from a raw QB with all the talent in the world, to perhaps the best QB in the world.  That being said, it has way more to do with Allen’s talent/work ethic than it does Stefon Diggs.  

You need an OL and weapons.  If we were to trade Diggs, I’d advocate using our 25 AND the highest pick we get back from the trade on WR’s.  Re-sign Bates. Use our RD2 on OL.  Maybe even use our third, plus the extra pick(s) from the Diggs trade in a trade up for a high impact RB.  Use the freed up Diggs money on Gilmore or Bradberry. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Diggs helps.  Weapons help.   One of the weapons doesn’t need to be Diggs, although most of us hope one is. 

I think you’re shortchanging Allen… a lot. 

Look at that KC game.  Sure, Diggs helps open up Davis, but so could a Jameson Williams, Chris Olave, Jahan Dotson etc… or Davis open things up for them.  

Diggs was a huge move to help Allen in his healthy from a raw QB with all the talent in the world, to perhaps the best QB in the world.  That being said, it has way more to do with Allen’s talent/work ethic than it goes Stefon Diggs.  

You need an OL and weapons.  If we were to trade Diggs, I’d advocate using our 25 AND the highest pick we get back from the trade on WR’s.  Re-sign Bates. Use our RD2 on OL.  Maybe even use our third, plus the extra pick(s) from the Diggs trade in a trade up for a high impact RB.  Use the freed up Diggs money on Gilmore or Bradberry. 

Could they???  So you are willing to trade your QBs best friend and the Offensive No1 Weapon for an unknown?  When your SB window is wide open?

And would rather use the Weapons Money on a CB?  That is not how you build teams in todays NFL.  The NO 1 rated Pass Defense was TORCHED in the playoffs at KC.

Thank god we had Diggs drawing coverage and allowing Davis to eat.  Makes no Sense.  

Extend Diggs, dont care what the extension "looks" like, in the end will be something like 3 years 75-80M contract.  (that frees up the space to well Resign Bates, and Bradberry or Gilmore and you can still use your 2nd (i wouldnt) on OL.

And I think you are shortchanging what Diggs forces Defenses to do, and how that impacts the other players on the offense ALOT.

Edited by MAJBobby

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Could they???  So you are willing to trade your QBs best friend and the Offensive No1 Weapon for an unknown?  When your SB window is wide open?

And would rather use the Weapons Money on a CB?  That is not how you build teams in todays NFL.  The NO 1 rated Pass Defense was TORCHED in the playoffs at KC.

Thank god we had Diggs drawing coverage and allowing Davis to eat.  Makes no Sense.  

Extend Diggs, dont care what the extension "looks" like, in the end will be something like 3 years 75-80M contract.  (that frees up the space to well Resign Bates, and Bradberry or Gilmore and you can still use your 2nd (i wouldnt) on OL.

I’ll assume we’re matching Bates offer sheet either way for argument sake..  I would not be worried if Diggs/25/57 turned into say..

WR Jahan Dotson (25)

WR Chris Olave (Diggs Pick)

OG Darian Kinnard (57)

RB Kenneth Walker (89 + Diggs Return)

CB Stephon Gilmore (Diggs cap space)

Edited by SCBills

9 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’ll assume we’re matching Bates offer sheet either way for argument sake..  I would not be worried if Diggs/25/57 turned into say..

WR Jahan Dotson (25)

WR Chris Olave (Diggs Pick)

OG Darian Kinnard (57)

RB Kenneth Walker (89 + Diggs Return)

CB Stephon Gilmore (Diggs cap space)

So one Known top WR for 2 unkowns and a RB (that is traded up for) - Nah I will stick with the Known in the year that SHOULD bring home a Trophy.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

So one Known top WR for 2 unkowns and a RB (that is traded up for) - Nah I will stick with the Known in the year that SHOULD bring home a Trophy.

Im simply operating under compare/contrast with Diggs and our high picks vs traded picks for him and cap space from him.   

Yea, I’m good with an offense that looks like this:

Allen/Keenum

Dawkins/Doyle

Saffold/Bates

Morse/Bates

Kinnard/Bates

Brown/Doyle

Dotson/McKenzie

Olave/Crowder

Davis/Kumerow

Knox/Howard

Walker/Singletary/Johnson

With Gilmore at CB2 on an absolutely loaded defense. 

*Diggs is not Hill.  We’re not losing a guy who changes the entire dynamics in the history of NFL of how you defend someone.  Diggs is elite, he’s not never before seen.  We were VERY aware of Tyreek Hill in the Playoffs game and still couldn’t stop him. 

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Defensively teams were taking Diggs away giving CB help. This allowed #2 WR to eat. Davis was at Golden Corral because of this 😎

Give Davis a little more credit than that. He made several gourmet meal catches, not buffet variety. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

And I think you are shortchanging what Diggs forces Defenses to do, and how that impacts the other players on the offense ALOT.

to be fair, that they are besties doesn’t effect my calculus much. 

if we got the right offer, surely I would be open. Diggs is very good though, so it’d have to be premium. We just watched the pack do this as a super bowl favorite in the nfc and kc do it. If you trust hitting on the pick, it’s a good option. 

It would honestly depend on the return for me. At first thought it seems insane to trade your #1 with established chemistry with Allen. 

Diggs frustrated me last season though. He seemed to give up on plays and lobby for a flag early instead of continuing to fight for the ball. Cost him both the catch and any potential flag. They don’t want you waving your arms for a flag before the ball even gets to you. Bothered me a lot last season and I partially blame the Tampa loss on that alone.

I still doubt they’d get a good enough return, but we’ll see.

Just now, Mark Vader said:

I cannot believe the things I am reading in this thread.

Forget Edmunds, Moss and Knox, it is very clear that Diggs is the new whipping boy of TBD. :wacko:

He is just stuck in the moment of bad teams paying huge for WRs. 

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, TBBills said:

He is just stuck in the moment of bad teams paying huge for WRs. 

many players can not see the market forces.

many also forget the restructures accelerating money to their bank accounts.

but aside from all that, Diggs contract needs a redo to help both him and team. Beane said he would do it soon. Not clear when.

Edited by cba fan
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.