JD Mckissic to Bills 2 year, 7 million

BillsMafi$

6 minutes ago, todd said:

Still on a crusade, eh? The anti-beane stuff is getting laughable. But I’m sure you know more than him. 

Question- how many NFL Executive of the Year awards have you won?

Oh! Oh! I think I know the answer to this one! 

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 2

This is a great Beane signing. Gives the Bills a sturdy RB, who blocks like a TE. and is one of the best RB pass catchers in the league. People here have notorious short memories, Singletary was a non-factor for 3/4 of the season, and posters here wanted him and Moss gone. (Plenty of evidence in the not to distant archives). Amazing how many posters here have stated they "Never heard of Mckissic". Do you folks just follow Bills games only, and turn the NFL off when the Bills aren't playing? Beane is working his magic once again.    

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, freddyjj said:

Ok we will  see if Hall as a pro > McKissic 

Remember OBD only gave out $2-3mm per year with no draft pick for McKissic and will likley have the 1 year escape hatch in contract.

And a key element is OBD is looking at 2022 performance for the 2nd RB on this team

And we have Singletary already.  If no Motor I could see the need for Hall being greater. 

Like I said. I’m not mad about McKissic. I think he is good for this offense and he will improve our attack. But I want to be better than good, I want to be great. 

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not impossible. We just don’t draft well enough to do it. 

sure. Right. I mean Josh was a terrible pick. So was Oliver. And Bass is horrid. Gabe Davis sucks for sure. Tying up Tre white was stupid. Milano’s contract last year was a mistake. He should have kept Tyrod. And FA signings and trades like Poyer, Hyde, Diggs, Morse, sanders, Beasley… just stupid. He’s horrible. You are clearly right. 

Enjoy your delusions.

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It must really suck for you that this is a top 5 team every year....I mean it kills your arguement

He has no argument.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Top 5 isn’t good enough. Let me know when Beane brings us a super bowl victory. 

How spoiled Bills fans got in only like 3-4 years. From shedding tears of joy for ending the playoff drought, to demanding a Super Bowl victory.

Classic.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Imagine thinking Allen + McKissick is better than Allen + Breece Hall. This board sums up why we haven’t done anything in the Bills existence. 

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate having McKissic over Moss or even Singletary on 3rd down situations, but Breece Hall is basically a better version of McKissic. But whatever. 

How many downs has Hall played in the NFL? Zero? Oh, ok. Thought so. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

How spoiled Bills fans got in only like 3-4 years. From shedding tears of joy for ending the playoff drought, to demanding a Super Bowl victory.

Classic.

Lmao we are spoiled for wanting a super bowl victory? Wtf isn’t that the goal? 

I bet the interview went like this. Hey Beane we are looking to build a top 5 roster, can you do that for us? No pressure on winning a super bowl though, no worries, if it happens it happens. 

Beane, sure I can do that! 

Edited by IronMaidenBills

7 minutes ago, JimmyNoodles said:

Yes he can.  I think he'll get some action to see how does with punt returns in addition to kickoffs.  

He has not returned a punt as a pro and only 23 in college where he was nothing special.  3 pro teams have decided not to let him even try. 

Might be worth a try on KOs only.  Interesting WFT never let him return these either.  No returns since 2019 and only a career 19 YPR average

31 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Imagine thinking Allen + McKissick is better than Allen + Breece Hall. This board sums up why we haven’t done anything in the Bills existence. 

Don’t get me wrong. I appreciate having McKissic over Moss or even Singletary on 3rd down situations, but Breece Hall is basically a better version of McKissic. But whatever. 

Imagine thinking you can project how a rookie RB will do in the NFL.  Every year we see rookies come out of nowhere, while the higher drafted guys struggle to learn the nuances of the NFL and the trust of their coaching staff.  JDM is a proven vet in his role vs a magic bean.  RB's are like young NHL goalies...who the hell knows how they'll develop in the bigs.

Edited by Sabreality
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

Lmao we are spoiled for wanting a super bowl victory? Wtf isn’t that the goal? 

it's the goal, but you can't really expect it. The best you can expect is to be in contention most years. Winning it all takes a bit of luck in addition to being talented enough to do it.

You could argue that we aren't talented enough to do it yet, and that we'd require more luck than most to win. That's my particular stance. Beane needs to do more, McD needs to do more. If they got better and still didn't win it all, I wouldn't blame then though, and I'd let the band stay together forever. The New England Patriots went 10 years between Super Bowl wins with the greatest QB, Coach, and dynasty the game has ever seen - including with a team that went undefeated until they hit the wall in the SB.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

3 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This is Brieda 2.0 meh

It's not a marquee signing ill give you that. But Brieda flashed on a great running team in the 49ers, and did absolutely nothing on a bad dolphins team, comes to buffalo fumbles and didnt know the playbook half way through season. He couldn't take pass catching work from Singletary, I mean love Singletary but that's not his strength at all.

Mckissic has done nothing but excel in the passing game on a bad redskins team with bad QB play, not too mention he was so good at catching the ball he kept the pass catching role from gibson who was the best pass catching RB in his draft class. He's not as fast as brieda, but few in the nfl are. I think dorsey will be happy with an excellent pass catching back in his tool box.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

You should be excited. Makes the Bills even harder to deal with on 3rd downs now. Exceptional receiving back, good at pass pro, does a lot of things well.

You might not be excited now but if he stays healthy you'll likely be excited once you see him playing.

When you told me he's good at pass pro I did "feel a little something"

• Haha (+1) 1