DB's still available

Virgil

Just now, Allen2Diggs said:

I think we wait to make a value signing at cb and still draft a guy in the early rounds. 

A guy like an AJ Bouye will be available for not a bunch who they sign and then draft CB round 1 or 2 to groom.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Hold on Gilmore said he wants to play primetime games and big lights, so we got that going for us haha

He's already got the ring. I think at this point he'll go anywhere that'll pay him, even Buffalo. Plus the Bills will have plenty of Primetime games now and in the foreseeable future. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Even with all the money spent, there's a ton of guys out there that Buffalo could get on a cheaper deal, while we wait for Tre to come back and potentially lose Wallace.  Interesting that Wallace isn't even on that list.  I do question the ranking, since Josh Norman is on it. 

For name reasons only, I've always like Peterson.  Even though Diggs smoked him on that glorious touchdown

well, to be fair to Peterson, Diggs smokes most CBs.  

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think we are going corner in the first round.....if we are doing that I dont want Wallace back as he is the cockroach you just cant kill (I mean this in a good way)

Wallace is a starter....but he is a fringe starter......we need better.

How many CB#2 that start are anything more than a fringe starter? Many teams don't even have a legit #1.  I have no issue with moving on from Wallace as long as the pick a CB in round 1 or 2. For what little the Steelers paid for him, Beane had better have a good plan. Maybe Levi was gone no matter what but it's hard to believe Beane wasn't willing to pay that much for a homegrown talent.

1 minute ago, Ethan in Portland said:

How many CB#2 that start are anything more than a fringe starter? Many teams don't even have a legit #1.  I have no issue with moving on from Wallace as long as the pick a CB in round 1 or 2. For what little the Steelers paid for him, Beane had better have a good plan. Maybe Levi was gone no matter what but it's hard to believe Beane wasn't willing to pay that much for a homegrown talent.

I like Wallace....he has given us excellent production given his salary over the years.

To be honest this is about him.  I worry about Tre.   He should be fine come next year but what if he needs time.   I feel like that 1st round pick is almost 100 percent going to be a corner AND we need to bring in another quality vet.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I am kinda shocked we didnt do something at corner today....Beane has been filling spaces as fast as guys are leaving.

Might have to rely on the draft for that.

Remaining money is being saved for the DE name signing/trade ( wishful thinking perhaps..)

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

This^^^

He can either be considered a low end starter or top end depth. I like Levi on the team if the compensation is doable but still feel we need better opposite Tre.

This is where the "can't have an All Pro at every position" crowd chimes in. 😂

You know you can’t have All Pros at every position, right!? 

(one on the team would be cool though)

This^^^

He can either be considered a low end starter or top end depth. I like Levi on the team if the compensation is doable but still feel we need better opposite Tre.

This^^^

This^^^

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.