List of draft players Bills have met with

Pete

1 hour ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Why would the Bills meet with Malik Willis??

I don't think the Bills would draft him even if he made it that far...........which seems inconceivable at this point..........but they could just as easily end up with a JAG cornerback(for instance) at pick #25 who ends up a lesser player than UDFA Levi Wallace was for the team as they are likely to get a franchise cornerstone player.   

As I've always said..........any first round pick not used on a QB1 prospect is an overrated asset.    So much of the game is about who you have at QB.

Edited by BADOLBILZ

31 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think the Bills would draft him even if he made it that far...........which seems inconceivable at this point..........but they could just as easily end up with a JAG cornerback(for instance) at pick #25 who ends up a lesser player than UDFA Levi Wallace was for the team as they are likely to get a franchise cornerstone player.   

As I've always said..........any first round pick not used on a QB1 prospect is an overrated asset.    So much of the game is about who you have at QB.

So drafting Aaron Donald for example would be an overrated asset?

1 minute ago, Billzgobowlin said:

So drafting Aaron Donald for example would be an overrated asset?

Yes..........even the great Aaron Donald without a franchise QB isn't winning a Super Bowl.    Only one position has franchise changing impact in and of itself.

And mind you.........I was THE "draft Aaron Donald" guy on this board.    He was, IMO, the obvious best defensive player in the draft.   I started a thread about it.   I got about 5 "we don't need a DL" responses and that was all TSW had to say about that. :lol:

I've made this point about first round picks before........if you simply drafted a QB in round 1 every year your franchise would be better off than the relative randomness of drafting other positions.

The Bills were a prime example of this............when they made the playoffs after 16 years of being issued an early-mid first round selection.........NONE of those first rounders was on the field when they finally made the playoffs in year 17.     First round picks are overrated.........I'm all about using them efficiently to get the most out of your team...........but if you can make the playoffs with NONE on your roster prior to that year's choice.........what does that tell YOU?

• Eyeroll 1

22 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Very interesting. This is an indication that they are looking for that waterbug change of pace back. I have been talking about Jerick McKinnon a lot. Borghi is that type of back who can catch the ball out of the backfield, can play receiver, and can take a check down to the house. I think that is what this offense is missing. I am interested in seeing what Borghi times in the 40. If he is a 4.4 guy I'm in. If not, it's meh.  I don't know if Borghi is truly the guy, but this may be an indication they would pursue a McKinnon, James White, JD McKissic, Giovanni Bernard, Duke Johnson, or the apex of this type of player CMC. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown

On 3/9/2022 at 10:09 AM, YoloinOhio said:

Astro has a lot of data - such as how many games the Bills scouted in person for the players and who was there (ie Beane)

example -

Is it just me, or does McDuffie sound like Doug Whaley? Voice and speech patterns.

On 3/9/2022 at 12:22 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Thanks for the info.

I re-sorted by position and quantity. Not surprising, C/G and CB lead the way, with WR not too far behind. And DT getting a little love too.

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska
Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

Josh Thompson - CB Texas (Senior Bowl)
Roger McCreary - CB Auburn
Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington
Kaiir Elam - CB Florida
Kyler Gordon - CB Washington
Andrew Booth - CB Clemson

Jameson Williams- WR Bama
Treylon Burks - WR Arkansas
Garrett Wilson - WR OSU
Chris Olave - WR OSU
John Metchie III - WR Bama

Jordan Davis - DT Georgia
Perrion Winfrey - DT Oklahoma
Phidarian Mathis - DT Bama

Max Borghi - RB Washington State
Rachaad White - RB Arizona State

Brandon Smith - LB PSU
Darrian Beavers - LB Cincinnati

Malik Willis - QB Liberty
Cade Otton - TE Washington
Matt Araiza -  P San Diego State
Arnold Ebiketie - DE PSU
Jaquan Brisker - S - PSU

looking at this list, Im guessing we target RB and DE in FA or trade predraft- McCaffery or Barkley, and Chandler Jones possibly IMO

Which leaves me to believe we draft CB, WR, G with our first 3 picks.  Probably our 3 biggest needs, especially after our big signings

Edited by Pete
  • Agree 1

On 3/10/2022 at 1:02 PM, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes..........even the great Aaron Donald without a franchise QB isn't winning a Super Bowl.    Only one position has franchise changing impact in and of itself.

And mind you.........I was THE "draft Aaron Donald" guy on this board.    He was, IMO, the obvious best defensive player in the draft.   I started a thread about it.   I got about 5 "we don't need a DL" responses and that was all TSW had to say about that. :lol:

I've made this point about first round picks before........if you simply drafted a QB in round 1 every year your franchise would be better off than the relative randomness of drafting other positions.

The Bills were a prime example of this............when they made the playoffs after 16 years of being issued an early-mid first round selection.........NONE of those first rounders was on the field when they finally made the playoffs in year 17.     First round picks are overrated.........I'm all about using them efficiently to get the most out of your team...........but if you can make the playoffs with NONE on your roster prior to that year's choice.........what does that tell YOU?

I disagree that you can't get value from the first round other than a franchise QB.  Yes they change your dynamics but can't do it alone.  The first pick McDermott had was Tre White, in fact they traded a chance at drafting Mahomes so they could put a QB in a good spot. 

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

1 minute ago, No_Matter_What said:

Interesting. Google says this guy is a tackle projected at the end ouf 2nd round, I didn't think we were focusing on tackles too. But I am for anything what makes our line better.

Starting to see these 2nd/3rd round OT visits pile up. I know teams visit with lots of players at lots of positions, but you sort of wonder if OT could be a sneaky pick this draft. Spencer Brown was good most of the time, but not SO good that Beane would definitely say "we're all set at tackle!", ESPECIALLY with only unproven depth in Tommy Doyle behind Dawkins and Brown.

• Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.