List of draft players Bills have met with

Pete

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

He is average at everything. Give me a back who does 1 thing really well rather than the sort of jack of all trades master of none. Like if he is there in round 4 - fine. If he goes before that? Pass. 

I agree. In this running back by committee approach that is becoming more common, I think the Bills need a blazer at running back, like Pierre Strong. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, LEBills said:

Singletary has had his moments. 

Moss, Chris Ivory, Frank Gore, TJ Yeldon, Matt Breida have been forgettable additions. Granted we have not spent a ton of capital on RBs in his era. 

Spiller to me would not be a very good pick, my concern being that he has fumbled 8 times on 615 touches over 3 years. The rest of his game is not special, kind of average all around imo.

Come on, those guys were mostly signed as role players and guys like Gore and Ivory were just to hold down roster spots for a season.  Even NFL team and GM signs these kinds of guys every year for depth, ST, etc.  You can't hold those against Beane as part of his grade on RB's.

The only 2 RB's he actually went out and got to be major contributors were Devin and Moss.  And Devin has been pretty good for us, it wasn't his fault our OC had an allergy to running the ball up until the 2nd half of the Bucs game last year.  Moss has shown some moments, but has been behind Devin his whole career too.  

So I wouldn't say he can't find RB's, he hasn't invested heavy at RB thus far and I would say he has gotten a pretty good return in terms of what he invested.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Come on, those guys were mostly signed as role players and guys like Gore and Ivory were just to hold down roster spots for a season.  Even NFL team and GM signs these kinds of guys every year for depth, ST, etc.  You can't hold those against Beane as part of his grade on RB's.

The only 2 RB's he actually went out and got to be major contributors were Devin and Moss.  And Devin has been pretty good for us, it wasn't his fault our OC had an allergy to running the ball up until the 2nd half of the Bucs game last year.  Moss has shown some moments, but has been behind Devin his whole career too.  

So I wouldn't say he can't find RB's, he hasn't invested heavy at RB thus far and I would say he has gotten a pretty good return in terms of what he invested.  

Im not saying he can’t find one, just that so far has been pretty underwhelming. Devin has been ok at times, Moss has not been good. The rest of the list is poor but not much invested as I had stated.

My response was about our interest in Isaiah Spiller who I think would be a poor choice. Another day 2 pick on a low RAS, slower guy would be disappointing. Especially when you factor in his fumbling history that gets running backs benched in Buffalo. But that has been the type of running back we have invested in so far. I am very much pro-Beane (tho not crowning him for Singletary seems to be treason around here) but would be nice to see us go for a running back with some athleticism. 

27 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I wonder if the Bills are in on Kenneth Walker and Breece Hall?

We can all scream to the high heavens if we want either of these guys, but it's obviously most important what McBeane thinks of them.

Also remember that Singletary is a UFA next season and they may want their RB on the roster already going into next season.

So, how much of a priority is the RB position going into the 2022 draft?

11 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Im not saying he can’t find one, just that so far has been pretty underwhelming. Devin has been ok at times, Moss has not been good. The rest of the list is poor but not much invested as I had stated.

My response was about our interest in Isaiah Spiller who I think would be a poor choice. Another day 2 pick on a low RAS, slower guy would be disappointing. Especially when you factor in his fumbling history that gets running backs benched in Buffalo. But that has been the type of running back we have invested in so far. I am very much pro-Beane (tho not crowning him for Singletary seems to be treason around here) but would be nice to see us go for a running back with some athleticism. 

I don't disagree that Spiller would not be the ideal fit here, although I do think Spiller is a good pick for other teams.  I think he can be a Singletary type back for other teams with his good vision and tough running style, but we already have those types of backs here with Devin and Moss.  So I don't think there is any chance Spiller becomes a Bill this draft.  

But, just saying, those other RB's should not even be mentioned on Beane's resume of "finding RB's" because those guys were not brought in to be significant contributors or were just a place holder during rebuild.  His resume really is Devin and Moss, and considering the minimal amount he invested, his return has been solid on that.  Devin is a full time starter and has a great career YPC and really shined once we started featuring him as the main runner and actually gave him 15 carries a game down the stretch last year.  

Moss I think has potential to be a guy similar to Devin, which is his main problem is that he can't supplant Devin here.  But if he was to land somewhere else where he gets more touches and has a decent OL, I think he could be similar still to what Devin is for us.  

13 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I wonder if the Bills are in on Kenneth Walker and Breece Hall?

We can all scream to the high heavens if we want either of these guys, but it's obviously most important what McBeane thinks of them.

Also remember that Singletary is a UFA next season and they may want their RB on the roster already going into next season.

So, how much of a priority is the RB position going into the 2022 draft?

While I don't expect them to take Hall or Walker, it would not surprise me one bit.  The main reason I think its unlikely is simply based on 2 things.  Both will go in the first 2 rounds, and in those 2 rounds Bills (unless we trade or sign a CB who is starer worthy before the draft) one of them is 100% a lock to be a CB IMHO.  And the other I think is more likely to be one of the following:

WR - There are going to be some very exciting playmakers in the first and 2nd on the board for us.  And with only Diggs and Davis here more than this year, plus Diggs contract situation, taking a WR this year would make a lot of sense.  

IOL - Giving Josh more protection and our run game better blocking is never a bad thing.  

LB - Beane has literally mentioned LB in interviews this offseason, and with Edmunds future looming, if there is a guy they covet there they could easily go out and take a LB early.  I think a guy like Troy Anderson in the 2nd is right up Beanes and McD's alley...fastest LB in the draft, player QB and RB as well, only one year at LB.  This Swiss army knife fits their love for versatility and he is fast too.  

Plus, they seem to really like Devin, I think they are comfortable with him helming the backfield as the lead runner this year under the new OC and with our new OL Coach Kromer to see how he does over a whole season as a primary ball carrier like he was down the stretch last year.  I think they are more interested maybe in finding a receiving threat complement to him out of the backfield then out right drafting a replacement this year.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

While I don't expect them to take Hall or Walker, it would not surprise me one bit.  The main reason I think its unlikely is simply based on 2 things.  Both will go in the first 2 rounds, and in those 2 rounds Bills (unless we trade or sign a CB who is starer worthy before the draft) one of them is 100% a lock to be a CB IMHO.  And the other I think is more likely to be one of the following:

WR - There are going to be some very exciting playmakers in the first and 2nd on the board for us.  And with only Diggs and Davis here more than this year, plus Diggs contract situation, taking a WR this year would make a lot of sense.  

IOL - Giving Josh more protection and our run game better blocking is never a bad thing.  

LB - Beane has literally mentioned LB in interviews this offseason, and with Edmunds future looming, if there is a guy they covet there they could easily go LB.  I think a guy like Troy Anderson in the 2nd is right up Beanes and McD's alley...fastest LB in the draft, player QB and RB as well, only one year at LB.  This Swiss army knife fits their love for versatility and he is fast too.  

Plus, they seem to really like Devin, I think they are comfortable with him helming the backfield as the lead runner this year under the new OC and with our new OL Coach Kromer to see how he does over a whole season as a primary ball carrier like he was down the stretch last year.  I think they are more interested maybe in finding a receiving threat complement to him out of the backfield then out right drafting a replacement this year.  

The one player I really don't want (Dotson) is the one the Bills are most likely to draft. 😁

2 minutes ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think this is the year the Bills to Penn St. I’m willing to bet Terry said something about it. 

The Bills already have a Dotson in both McKenzie and Crowder.

The Bills need a big WR.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

The Bills already have a Dotson in both McKenzie and Crowder.

The Bills need a big WR.

I agree, I’d rather have a different type of WR, I just feel like Dotson has Buffalo Bill written all over him. Terry is a huge Penn St fan, and I think that’s why all the Barkley rumors started floating around. Top talent is ripe to be selected. I was really surprised they didn’t take Oweh. Given the amount of money and history tied into that university, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dotson is the pick. 

2 minutes ago, Solomon Grundy said:

Enter Penn State's punter

I don’t know why, but I get that Dotson Bills vibe. 

57 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I don't disagree that Spiller would not be the ideal fit here, although I do think Spiller is a good pick for other teams.  I think he can be a Singletary type back for other teams with his good vision and tough running style, but we already have those types of backs here with Devin and Moss.  So I don't think there is any chance Spiller becomes a Bill this draft.  

But, just saying, those other RB's should not even be mentioned on Beane's resume of "finding RB's" because those guys were not brought in to be significant contributors or were just a place holder during rebuild.  His resume really is Devin and Moss, and considering the minimal amount he invested, his return has been solid on that.  Devin is a full time starter and has a great career YPC and really shined once we started featuring him as the main runner and actually gave him 15 carries a game down the stretch last year.  

Moss I think has potential to be a guy similar to Devin, which is his main problem is that he can't supplant Devin here.  But if he was to land somewhere else where he gets more touches and has a decent OL, I think he could be similar still to what Devin is for us.  

We will agree to disagree on how good Devin is and Moss can be. In the end I hope and think we will make moves to improve the running back room, especially with this being Devin’s contract year.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I agree, I’d rather have a different type of WR, I just feel like Dotson has Buffalo Bill written all over him. Terry is a huge Penn St fan, and I think that’s why all the Barkley rumors started floating around. Top talent is ripe to be selected. I was really surprised they didn’t take Oweh. Given the amount of money and history tied into that university, I wouldn’t be surprised if Dotson is the pick. 

I don’t know why, but I get that Dotson Bills vibe. 

There are multiple good Penn State prospects. There’s Dotson and Ebiketie in the 1st or 2nd. OT Walker in the middle rounds (NFL comparison Dion Dawkins) and Luketa who switched from SAM LB to DE his last year at Penn State. And punter Jordan Stout who has a way lower touchback punter percentage than Araiza who some people want so badly. 

10 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I hope not.

Out Tackles (Dawkins, Brown, and Doyle) are all pretty young.  Our C/Gs are all pretty old (outside of Bates). Getting replacements for Saffold and Morse should be top priority when addressing the OL. The Mancz signing is ok, but I dont know that we can/should count on him to step up and take over for Morse.

My question would be, do you want Doyle to take over at Tackle?  I wanted to try it last season (against others thoughts) and then when we did, I realized what a bad choice it was. He was not ready and I was wrong. If anything as we sit today, if someone had to take over for Morse, I think they would move Bates to center and the Ford to G. You'd still have Mancz as a backup. But if we were to lose a tackle for some reason, we really don't have anything available in my opinion. Ford MIGHT get us by for a game or so at RT, but heaven forbid we had to put him at LT.😱

1 hour ago, Motor26 said:

There are multiple good Penn State prospects. There’s Dotson and Ebiketie in the 1st or 2nd. OT Walker in the middle rounds (NFL comparison Dion Dawkins) and Luketa who switched from SAM LB to DE his last year at Penn State. And punter Jordan Stout who has a way lower touchback punter percentage than Araiza who some people want so badly. 

Thoughts on Ellis Brooks?

Lewis Cine

RAS: 9.9

“Cine is yet another Georgia defender on this list with the sixth-best RAS finish over the past decade. A 4.37-second 40-yard dash and 1.45-second 10-yard split (both 99th percentile) got him noticed for his excellent speed and closing acceleration, while his 133-inch broad jump (98th percentile) also put him in elite company. Cine reads the game exceptionally well and is a sound tackler with NFL-caliber physicality. It wouldn’t be shocking to see him land in the back of the first round with these athletic numbers.”

https://www.lineups.com/articles/nfl-draft-2022-relative-athletic-score-standouts-at-every-position/

7 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I think this is the year the Bills to Penn St. I’m willing to bet Terry said something about it. 

Terry, please don’t be a meddling owner during the draft. For every Micah Parsons there are plenty of Aaron Maybins and Courtney Browns.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.