List of draft players Bills have met with

Pete

18 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Thoughts on Ellis Brooks?

A ILB prospect with WLB size and average athleticism. Is pretty good in coverage from what I’ve seen. Seems like he could be a good backup and good special teams player. Would take him as a Matakevich replacement. If they draft a linebacker I’d like a guy who can play the SAM spot when they decide to run that defense.

11 minutes ago, JohnBonhamRocks said:

Lewis Cine

RAS: 9.9

“Cine is yet another Georgia defender on this list with the sixth-best RAS finish over the past decade. A 4.37-second 40-yard dash and 1.45-second 10-yard split (both 99th percentile) got him noticed for his excellent speed and closing acceleration, while his 133-inch broad jump (98th percentile) also put him in elite company. Cine reads the game exceptionally well and is a sound tackler with NFL-caliber physicality. It wouldn’t be shocking to see him land in the back of the first round with these athletic numbers.”

https://www.lineups.com/articles/nfl-draft-2022-relative-athletic-score-standouts-at-every-position/

Can he play CB?

19 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yeah I've lamented the Bills being undersized at NT during those SB years.......in part because Smerlas was NOT undersized..........but in reality guys like Buffalo born Jim Burt were even smaller at NT than Wright and held up fine for NYG and SF.    NT's in the 80's and early 90's weren't the enormous individuals they are now.    Dallas O-line was actually one of the reasons NT's started getting bigger.   Aside from center their OL was enormous for the day.

A close friend of mine met Kent Hull in Vegas after one of the Super Bowls against Dallas. He had a few drinks with him; I saw the pictures. He claims that Hull told him that he couldn't do anything vs. Leon Lett and that Lett was just too big and strong.

This is not to say that Hull wasn't a very good player. He was, but the game was rapidly changing in terms of size back then.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2022 at 8:02 PM, Richard Noggin said:

And I quote, "The senior caught 156 catches in his career, including 86 alone in 2019." Emphasis mine. 

The audible reactions in the room are priceless.

And this gem, a couple paragraphs from bottom:

"Still, there’s no denying he isn’t fast . . . ."

1 hour ago, CapeBreton said:

James Cook in Buffalo for a visit, my guess is the Bills have their eyes on a receiving back in the draft - Cook or Rachaad White maybe. The Duke Johnson signing might throw other teams off the scent. 

James Cook is the RB I end up selecting for the Bills more than anyone. If we are able to land one of the top CB's in Round 1 and Breece Hall or Kenneth Walker III are available in Round 2 and the WR pickens are slim, I'll go that route. But it's more often than not James Cook in Round 3 and I'd be thrilled with that.

My ideal Draft is:

Round 1: Andrew Booth or Trent McDuffie

Round 2: Christian Watson, Skyy Moore, Alec Pierce, or Calvin Austin III (in that order)

Round 3: James Cook or Isaiah Spiller

Edited by BillsFanForever19

2 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

James Cook in Buffalo for a visit, my guess is the Bills have their eyes on a receiving back in the draft - Cook or Rachaad White maybe. The Duke Johnson signing might throw other teams off the scent. 

Interview at hockey rink? Trying to see how he responds to the cold?? 

• Haha (+1) 1

22 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I’m starting to get the feeling that the Bills are going to draft a receiving TE early instead of a WR. I’d love Likely or Trey McBride in the second round. Then draft Velus Jones as a returner later on. 

The Bills just invested in O.J. Howard and also have Knox as an incumbent. 

On 3/9/2022 at 5:33 AM, Pete said:

Buffalo Bills

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska

Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M

Josh Thompson - CB Texas (Senior Bowl)
Roger McCreary - CB Auburn
Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington
Kaiir Elam - CB Florida
Kyler Gordon - CB Washington
Andrew Booth - CB Clemson

Jameson Williams- WR Bama
Treylon Burks - WR Arkansas
Garrett Wilson - WR OSU
Chris Olave - WR OSU
John Metchie III - WR Bama

Jordan Davis - DT Georgia
Perrion Winfrey - DT Oklahoma
Phidarian Mathis - DT Bama

Max Borghi - RB Washington State
Rachaad White - RB Arizona State

Brandon Smith - LB PSU
Darrian Beavers - LB Cincinnati

Malik Willis - QB Liberty
Cade Otton - TE Washington
Matt Araiza -  P San Diego State
Arnold Ebiketie - DE PSU
Jaquan Brisker - S - PSU

So just the one safety?

23 hours ago, CapeBreton said:

I’m starting to get the feeling that the Bills are going to draft a receiving TE early instead of a WR. I’d love Likely or Trey McBride in the second round. Then draft Velus Jones as a returner later on. 

It's possible considering how talented and deep this years WR class is. Everything will depend on how things go. If a lot of WR's start to come off the board faster than expected then they may go WR before TE.

Either way, as of now if nothing changes between now and draft day then it's shaping up to look like 1st two picks may be CB and WR. 

Added my Grades on each player. And some tidbits on how you can use official visits to narrow the positions a bit.  Based on the initial post in the thread. 

Cam Jurgens - C/G Nebraska - 4th Round

Logan Bruss - C/G Wisconsin - 6th round
Zion Johnson - C/G Boston College - Late 1st
Lecitus Smith - G Virginia Tech - 4th Round
Dohnovan West - C/G Arizona State - 3rd round
Kenyon Green - C/G Texas A&M - 2nd round

*Tidbit - looks like they have a player for each round in the draft in the IOL (so I would put this as a lesser priority for them)

Josh Thompson - CB Texas (Senior Bowl) - 7th round
Roger McCreary - CB Auburn - 2nd round
Trent McDuffie - CB - Washington - Mid 1st round
Kaiir Elam - CB Florida - 2nd round
Kyler Gordon - CB Washington - Early 3rd
Andrew Booth - CB Clemson - Late 1st

*Interesting all their engagements will be gone by the end of the 2nd based on my grades Seems this position is set to be selected early

Jameson Williams- WR Bama - Mid 1st
Treylon Burks - WR Arkansas - Late First
Garrett Wilson - WR OSU - Mid First
Chris Olave - WR OSU - Mid First
John Metchie III - WR Bama - 2nd round grade

*interesting like CB looks like the Bills are telegraphing a bit here, seems for them they are set on taking CB/WR in rounds 1 and 2

Jordan Davis - DT Georgia - Mid First
Perrion Winfrey - DT Oklahoma - 3rd round
Phidarian Mathis - DT Bama - 4th round

*This seems the next in line of priority.  players that thy linked with would be there in the 3rd except Davis

Max Borghi - RB Washington State - 7th round
Rachaad White - RB Arizona State - 5th round

Brandon Smith - LB PSU - 2nd round
Darrian Beavers - LB Cincinnati - 3rd round

Malik Willis - QB Liberty

*this on is interesting to me that they are talking to what will be a 1st round QB.  Intel gathering?????  

Cade Otton - TE Washington - 5th round
Matt Araiza -  P San Diego State - 6th round
Arnold Ebiketie - DE PSU - 2nd round
Jaquan Brisker - S - PSU - 2nd Round

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.