Falcons WR Calvin Ridley suspended indefinitely(but at minimum the entire 2022 season) for betting on games

Big Turk

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

So a 7th should get it done now.

but seriously though.

maybe a conditional 7th.

And I wonder if his contract tolls for this year, or maybe 2 years (last year and this year), so we still have cheap rookie years left.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I drafted this fool in the 2nd round. He was throwing my fantasy games for sure.

Fantasy games which are stats driven, just like prop bets.  If the over under on his catches is 6.5 he can make damn sure he doesn't catch 7 passes can't he?

Edited by That's No Moon
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I guarantee there are a lot of players that played in paid fantasy leagues who are deleting accounts in a panic right now.

They knew it was against the rules, but now they know it will actually be enforced.

Wanna bet ?

fantasy leagues are very different from placing a bet on a team.

34 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

At least he wasn't betting on games he was playing in.  

*waits for other shoe to possibly drop

Or when he was playing.

He should just say "I am supporting a NFL partner."

No odds yet posted whether NFLPA will fight this but I give odds of 2:1.

17 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Well, seems like he's not taking this very seriously lol. 

its dumb to argue on Twitter but I get how a guy betting 1,500 on a Vegas trip with his boys might be different than a compulsive gambler. 

that said I have no idea what he actually did, nor does it matter as even best case is it’s a bright line rule and he violated it. 

22 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

When you do something that you have been told thousands of times is against the rules and specifically endangers your employment if you do you have a problem.  That problem might not be gambling specifically. It might be arrogance, or stupidity, but it's a serious problem.

Just like the MJ tokers who lost millions of dollars.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Process said:

Dude bet on the falcons to WIN. 

Now we know for sure he is an idiot.

And we're supposed to believe this only happened once.  Dude just rolled out of bed one day and decided to make some complicated NFL bets. Cuz, ya know, that's what n00bs usually do.

I’ve wanted legalized betting for a long time and have been involved in that scene most my life. My honest opinion at this point is I’m concerned. People are asking me about what I’m doing that would have never asked before. Many have families. I’ve been scaling back drastically over the last 5 years, just seeing the issues it can create. I was actually profitable, but it was taking a lot of my time and focus away from areas it should have been. Life is too short to chase sports bets. If you can place bets with no distractions and no consequences financially so be it. That is very few people. The risk isn’t that you lose when you start doing this. The risk is that you win. I still believe in the freedom of having a choice on this topic, it’s just slippery. Certainly never expected this type of backing from pro sports.

Edited by KzooMike
  • Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

You absolutely 100% cannot have even a sliver of doubt about the sanctity of the result of a game.  Once you do your product is finished. Ridley is lucky to only get a year IMO.

So Dolphins owner Steven Ross and the arge gallolup of doubt introduced by Flores lawsuit will get what from the league? 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

So Dolphins owner Steven Ross and the arge gallolup of doubt introduced by Flores lawsuit will get what from the league? 

Depends, if it really happened then Ross will be out just like they forced Jerry Richardson to sell.  If it didn't happen, or they can cast enough doubt on Flores that it happened then he might be able to stay and sell on his own terms within a couple years.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.