Falcons WR Calvin Ridley suspended indefinitely(but at minimum the entire 2022 season) for betting on games

Big Turk

5 minutes ago, Magox said:

The rules are the rules and they have to be followed.

Definitely a stupid stupid move on his part.

With that said the punishment doesn’t fit the crime.

Max two game suspension.

The Dolphins and Browns owners absolutely agree with that. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

48 minutes ago, Magox said:

The rules are the rules and they have to be followed.

Definitely a stupid stupid move on his part.

With that said the punishment doesn’t fit the crime.

Max two game suspension.

He definitely had inside information - it was on his own team and he saw how well his QB avoided sacks and how well his line protected including likely scheme he would play against opponent.  It business this would be called inside trading.

No way he was returning to the team and have QB say "You betting against me?"  There would be a question every time he was to get the ball that the QB set him to be hit.  He could even talk to opposing person on upcoming opposing defense he knows and say "We know we are not going to win.  We both should take advantage of this - you by getting lots of hits on WRs maybe even a fumble by you knowing tell I will use and I by having this teammate who bet against me be feeling it in morning."

31 minutes ago, krf139 said:

I want to know how he got caught 

He went to Florida and had to place a bet with the only app allowed in that state and they report to a watchdog site that reports to the NFL.

4 hours ago, Billy Claude said:

This will inspire many NFL players to have a friend make their bets for them.  

This problem isn’t going away with more states legalizing gambling and the NFL getting in bed with these companies.  The fall of Rome is upon us.

2 hours ago, krf139 said:

Suspend someone for a year for gambling pennies but look the other way at gun issues, domestic violence and even child abuse (Tyreek). Sounds about right 

Apples and oranges comparison.  Those crimes don’t have the potential to impact the actual games on the field like gambling does.

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

He definitely had inside information - it was on his own team and he saw how well his QB avoided sacks and how well his line protected including likely scheme he would play against opponent.  It business this would be called inside trading.

No way he was returning to the team and have QB say "You betting against me?"  There would be a question every time he was to get the ball that the QB set him to be hit.  He could even talk to opposing person on upcoming opposing defense he knows and say "We know we are not going to win.  We both should take advantage of this - you by getting lots of hits on WRs maybe even a fumble by you knowing tell I will use and I by having this teammate who bet against me be feeling it in morning."

I mean what was he hoping to accomplish? Win an extra $500? The dude makes millions already. It was incredibly stupid. It would be like someone getting fired from a job paying $150K for stealing loose change.

You need to gamble, go bet on horses.

Edited by Big Turk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.