Bills interested in signing Rob Gronkowski, per Tim Graham

HappyDays

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

“Word around the combine”

Way to source your stuff like a mature journalist, Graham.

That is incredible “weak sauce” and rumor.

I'm surprised by your criticism. Tim Graham's work is very well respected. There's no question he's a real journalist.

Do you think he would go with this if there were no basis?

The headline unequivocally states "Bills interested in adding Rob Gronkowski as another weapon for Josh Allen."

Edited by Sierra Foothills

10 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I'm not against adding more talent to the offense.

Personally I'd rather add another Wide Receiver than a Tight End.

Like I said, I don't want to pay big money to an older player with an injury history who would essentially be the back-up Tight End. Forget it.

He'd be a year to year rental and he's still playing at a well above average level, specially so when you consider his blocking.   

I also believe that the Bills will be getting a WR with one of their 3 draft picks, so I don't believe it would be an either or decision.

13 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

I'm surprised by your criticism. Tim Graham's work is very well respected. There's no question he's a real journalist.

Do you think he would go with this if there were no basis?

The headline unequivocally states "Bills interested in adding Rob Gronkowski as another weapon for Josh Allen."

Were you a part of this board when Tim Graham used to post here?

:bag:

10 minutes ago, Magox said:

He'd be a year to year rental and he's still playing at a well above average level, specially so when you consider his blocking.   

I also believe that the Bills will be getting a WR with one of their 3 draft picks, so I don't believe it would be an either or decision.

Were you a part of this board when Tim Graham used to post here?

:bag:

No I was not.

Please enlighten me.

12 hours ago, Virgil said:

Yes, ***** him.  I hate the idea of him being part of us getting over the hump.  Same as I never wanted Brady or Hoodie here 

I would fire McDermott from a cannon into the Atlantic Ocean in a NY minute if it meant Belichick would coach this team. We would have been Super Bowl champs this past season with Bill in charge. He knows how to defend 13 seconds.

11 hours ago, njbuff said:

Is this thread going to reach legendary status like a Zach Ertz thread?

The Mario Williams thread was the ultimate "legendary" status thread if I remember correctly.

34 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

When they sign Gronk and he apologizes (again) in his opening PC and talks about bringing a championship to his hometown and he and Tre do some co-branding promos together -

are you guys still gonna come here and salt?

I think people will forgive him if he also does the press conference with a beef on weck and bucket of blue cheese. Oh and he should jump through a table. Then, all is probably forgiven. 

• Agree 1

Is Gronk the missing piece? While I can understand the benefit to a move like this given his talent and possibilities, it also does feel like a classic Beane move adding a guy who is practically at retirement   I can’t think Beane is going to make this priority one when We have yet to figure out Cb 2, Oline, De, Wr and our Cap situation. No way we jump the gun and give him anything lucrative. 

This is in my mind will turn out like last year.. .Beane will probably have a one year value in mind but Gronk has no reason to just settle for it.  

He already mentioned he would love to play for Burrow, and he probably would find a better deal. Gronk will sign with another team if he intends to play and Beane will acknowledge interest. 

That or Gronk is here and Beasley is not. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

15 hours ago, Mango said:

This is the type of deal I’d make in Madden. 2 years. Relatively cheap. Then that keeps Knox’s production low, which makes his long term extension SUPER cheap.

Trade Gronk in year two.

Beane is a wizard!

I am not on board with extending Knox for huge money,  maybe around 8 -10 mllion tops. If he wants more then no thanks

It would be so cool if we signed Gronk. I'd be excited to see it. He and Josh would have some kind of dynamic. A couple crazy kids who love football. Total bromance in the making.

I don't need to cling to excuses to preemptively hope it doesn't happen in case it doesn't happen. I hope the Bills get Gronk but if they don't I think I'll go on living.

34 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Is Gronk the missing piece? While I can understand the benefit to a move like this given his talent and possibilities, it also does feel like a classic Beane move adding a guy who is practically at retirement   I can’t think Beane is going to make this priority one when We have yet to figure out Cb 2, Oline, De, Wr and our Cap situation. No way we jump the gun and give him anything lucrative. 

This is in my mind will turn out like last year.. .Beane will probably have a one year value in mind but Gronk has no reason to just settle for it.  

He already mentioned he would love to play for Burrow, and he probably would find a better deal. Gronk will sign with another team if he intends to play and Beane will acknowledge interest. 

That or Gronk is here and Beasley is not. 

If Gronk is willing to come here at a decent cost then it definitely helps. He is a good blocker and another weapon for Josh to throw to. Also very good in the RZ. We have heard Beane say a million times he prefers to build thru the draft anyway. Most of the concerns the Bills have will be taken care of in the draft.

Edited by Greg S

12 minutes ago, Greg S said:

If Gronk is willing to come here at a decent cost then it definitely helps. He is a good blocker and another weapon for Josh to throw to. Also very good in the RZ. We have heard Beane say a million he prefers to build thru the draft anyway. Most of the concerns the Bills have will be taken care of in the draft.

I agree for the right cost it could be very beneficial and that’s where I possibly see it falling through as to what that value is.   I could be very wrong though.  It’s  interesting that this is all out there again.. I mean Gronk may be able to use this as leverage in negotiating.. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life

13 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Put me down as a solid NO! 

I can see Gronk coming to the Bills for an easy final paycheck and putting in little to know effort. Beane has to be really careful bringing in veterans who claim they want to play for a winner. 

That's what the incentives are for in the contract. He has to earn them.. Little to lose a lot to gain.

• Agree 1

32 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Put me down as a solid NO! 

I can see Gronk coming to the Bills for an easy final paycheck and putting in little to know effort. Beane has to be really careful bringing in veterans who claim they want to play for a winner. 

Did he do the same with Tampa when he wanted to play for a winner?

• Agree 2

16 hours ago, Rocky Landing said:

In my admittedly homerist opinion, it isn't just the talent, and coaching that has made the Bills a great team that is a favorite for the SB next season-- it's the culture that Beane, and McD have created. Character, and culture matter, especially for this Bills team. It's the way it's been built. I believe this, and I'm not sure that Gronkowsky fits the Bills' culture.

But if the Bills pick him up, it’s a good sign he will fit the culture. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.