Gabe Davis on Richard Sherman Podcast

CorkScrewHill

Starts at the 24 minute mark (goes till the end about 28 minutes). Talks about training - lives with his trainer in an apartment - waiting for his second contract to splurge on a house. Some discussion on Burrow and the other younger QBs. On coaches he was passionate about Daboll and Chad Hall. Loved the conversation on his experience at the Scouting Combine.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

20 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Off of one game? 

Last year Sanders took a ton of snaps from Davis. When Davis gets time on the field he makes plays. I am not sure why but the player who popped into my head was John Taylor for the 49ers as a comparison. Taylor had the type of career i can see Davis having, if you adjust for how the game has changed now regarding passing to  when Taylor played in the 80’s. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Dudes inconsistent at best to this point in his career. He was great against KC… just two weeks prior against the Jets he sucked IMO. 

Pointing to 2 games. Wow! Pretty sure dude is 2nd on this team in TD receptions the past 2 seasons. Diggs had 18 and Davis had 13. More than Beasley, Sanders or Knox. This reply is more to your "Off of one game?" post. It was like you only saw 1 game. Now it seems you've seen only 2 games.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Off of one game? 

Gabe has been a consistent performer throughout his short two years. Bills screwed around with his playing time this season with the addition of Sanders which turned out to not really benefit the Bills IMO. Davis should absolutely make a big jump next season. I'd look for him to double his production next season. Somewhere around 70 receptions and 1000+ yards 10 TD's. 

• Like (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Dudes inconsistent at best to this point in his career. He was great against KC… just two weeks prior against the Jets he sucked IMO. 

And other than the jets game (clearly his worst game as a pro), name another game in which he sucked.  He’s been as consistent as one can be given his snap count.  He’ll probably get over 8M a year. We should probably resign him now, because if he gets the 2nd most targets on the team next season, he’ll probably get much more than that.  He’s a very solid WR.  Inconsistent play is not something I associate with gabe. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And other than the jets game (clearly his worst game as a pro), name another game in which he sucked.  He’s been as consistent as one can be given his snap count.  He’ll probably get over 8M a year. We should probably resign him now, because if he gets the 2nd most targets on the team next season, he’ll probably get much more than that.  He’s a very solid WR.  Inconsistent play is not something I associate with gabe. 

I believe he is not yet eligible for an extension. Has to play at least 3 years.

• Like (+1) 3

31 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Pointing to 2 games. Wow! Pretty sure dude is 2nd on this team in TD receptions the past 2 seasons. Diggs had 18 and Davis had 13. More than Beasley, Sanders or Knox. This reply is more to your "Off of one game?" post. It was like you only saw 1 game. Now it seems you've seen only 2 games.

Funny how he said not to judge Davis on one game, then he gives his bad judgement on Davis based on two games🙄

• Like (+1) 3

48 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.  If your negativity is to be believed consistently you have to be at least realistic.  

It's scott. He's not trying to be objective. Whatever has happened to him in life has made him need our attention so he acts out. Best to just ignore him. 

I see a bit of Robert Woods when i see Gabe. Just a solid dependable wr who shows up to make the catch when u need him. A wr you can trust!

I dont know what was the reason the coaching staff was slow to give Gabe playing time, but just like Woods i hope we make a push to sign Gabe long term. Dudes a baller

2 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

Off of one game? 

First Two seasons with 14 TDs, and some spectacular and timely catches along the way is likely to have something to do with it.

The guy totally takes advantage of his opportunities when they present themselves, you know, just what a player is supposed to do,  when he gets paid is to be debated not if…, jmo. 

12 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

I see a bit of Robert Woods when i see Gabe. Just a solid dependable wr who shows up to make the catch when u need him. A wr you can trust!

I dont know what was the reason the coaching staff was slow to give Gabe playing time, but just like Woods i hope we make a push to sign Gabe long term. Dudes a baller

I believe it was initially an ankle injury that lingered from the end of the previous season, he re-injured it early this past season, that at least was why he saw so little playing time early on. Then Dabol/McDermott just took forever to work him back into the offense, as to why that is, I for one do not know, maybe Scottlaw has the answer…, 😁👍

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.