JC Jackson not happy with Pats approach to him as a FA

YoloinOhio

4 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

but they regretted it.

Oh no they didn't. They don't win that final Superbowl without him. 

The Pats don't pay good corners elite money. That is the bucket I put JC Jackson in. They will pay elite corners elite money and that is what Gilmore was. 

• Agree 1

I hear you house, but they use that at least their agent as their tool.

it’s a business.  As far as the Madden fantasy, we’re getting him, it’s not happening.  Now you have examples of last year Milano was valued at $13.75 mil. And he took $11 mil.

The thought of $ a value of $20.5

mil. Going down to him accepting $14 mil. from us won’t happen.

id love having him, but even cutting Feliciano, D Williams, Beasely, Star (practically nothing), Butler, Sanders, and Addison  still probably is not enough.  Then after spending a month on him, you wouldn’t be able to add hardly anyone, and would have to hit on three starters in the draft.

The idea floated of trading MT to Detroit for their 31st and a player would make it easier.

We are already paying for one CB, let's not make it two.   Bills don't play press man so top cover corners not a spending priority.  As long as they are good athletes and great tacklers , its all good in this 5 cover-guy concept.  Heck, the Dane Jacksons of the world can  start and perform well in this particular concept.  

6 hours ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Day 3? If we don't sign someone in FA, I don't see us taking someone later than the 2nd round - very likely with our 1st Rounder.

Yeah.  I see the Bills signing a vet CB to a 1 year deal at value time and then drafting one, probably day one or two.  

7 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Oh no they didn't. They don't win that final Superbowl without him. 

The Pats don't pay good corners elite money. That is the bucket I put JC Jackson in. They will pay elite corners elite money and that is what Gilmore was. 

reading some pats beat writers, the thought is that they did regret signing Gilmore, in a certain sense. The pats do a great job of developing their own DB’s. They could have used some Of the Gilmore money to have locked up Jackson earlier at a more reasonable deal.

As much as I hate them, the Pats take all these low or undrafted CB’s and develop them into really good cover corners. It’s rare— most teams have to have a 1st or 2nd round pick at one of the starting corner positions.  Some teams like the Ravens have to have three first round CB’s out there! 

12 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

I think it’s possible that we not only replace Levi, but we upgrade RCB in RD3 or RD4. 

Its possible,
For A plain yellow pumpkin to become A golden carriage,
Its possible,
For A plain country bumpkin and A prince to join in mariage,
And four white mice are easily turned to horses,
Such fallerall and fiddledeedee ofcourses.

I mean, Levi was an UDFA.   But he also took several years to reach his potential

Dane Jackson was drafted in the 7th

It's POSSIBLE to get guys who can play in the league in later rounds than the 3rd or 4th or in FA

But most of the guys drafted (including in the 3rd and 4th round) aren't upgrades

if we want a guy who can play this season, it's possible, but unlikely.

Will the Bills bet the season on it?  Don't know.

The other problem with small fast twitchy guys is that they can't be asked to play press and jam big guys like Kelce on the line. 

3 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

The idea floated of trading MT to Detroit for their 31st and a player would make it easier.

It doesn't surprise me that someone here would "float" the idea of trading an actual free agent, Mitch Trubisky

It does, actually, surprise me that you would repeat this silliness.

11 hours ago, Malazan said:

Nothing story. Every free agent who isn't immediately signed to a top 5 contract is unhappy with how it's being handled. 

Yup, it’s the dance that happens every year, being that the average income in our country is around fifty thousand, it makes me laugh when they say they aren’t being fairly compensated.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

reading some pats beat writers, the thought is that they did regret signing Gilmore, in a certain sense. The pats do a great job of developing their own DB’s. They could have used some Of the Gilmore money to have locked up Jackson earlier at a more reasonable deal.

As much as I hate them, the Pats take all these low or undrafted CB’s and develop them into really good cover corners. It’s rare— most teams have to have a 1st or 2nd round pick at one of the starting corner positions.  Some teams like the Ravens have to have three first round CB’s out there! 

The Pats have signed Revis and Gilmore to huge deals and won Superbowls as a result. Beat writers can think what they want but when Belichick can get elite corner talent he will pay elite money for it. Otherwise he is quite happy developing his guys like Butler and Ryan and Jackson and then bot paying them and seeing them fail elsewhere. But he knows better than anyone that elite corner talent is rare.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, HamptonBillsfan said:

This is the guy Bills should target. Imagine JC opposite White. With these 2 playing man, we could play more pressure packages and every player on the D-line would be more productive. NE would bleed internally if the AFC east kingpin got JC.

Imagine paying our 5 secondary starters 70M a year?  No

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The other problem with small fast twitchy guys is that they can't be asked to play press and jam big guys like Kelce on the line. 

You don’t put the fast twitchy guys on someone like Kelce! You put them on the fast twitchy guys on the other team!

Would you rather have a guy who is 6’2 and 200lbs on an explosive slot receiver? Or would you rather we draft a guy specifically for those kind of receivers?

Good luck finding a corner that big and can run that fast in the draft. Those guys get drafted in the top 10.

Also, there’s plenty of undersized corners in the NFL. You put those guys on the explosive speed types.

Would an army be well rounded if it had no aircrafts and only tanks? Or if they had only foot soldiers with no tanks? Just because a player is built differently than another, it doesn’t mean that they’re not worth having. What good is it if you have eyes, but no ears? Or if you have arms but no feet? Every player makes up a different part of the collective body, none is better than the other.

Also, I don’t know why on Earth you would not want an explosive CB especially when we’re going up against teams like Kansas City, that really boggles my mind. We got destroyed by speed. Buffalo needs a corner that can shut speed receivers down.

I think the NE Patriots have an expectation that players will give them a discount because of their two decade dynasty status while Tom Brady was their QB.  Players are supposed to want to play for New England for the opportunity to win Super Bowl rings.  The problem for New England is that has worn off, and now players want market rate.  The Patriots haven't figured that out yet.  

15 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

but they regretted it.

I don’t think so, the guy actually got better there and was an All Pro, for a reasonable contract.  If anything I think they just decided he wasn’t worth paying when they knew they were rebuilding and had to free up cap space.

2 hours ago, Victory Formation said:

You don’t put the fast twitchy guys on someone like Kelce! You put them on the fast twitchy guys on the other team!

Would you rather have a guy who is 6’2 and 200lbs on an explosive slot receiver? Or would you rather we draft a guy specifically for those kind of receivers?

Good luck finding a corner that big and can run that fast in the draft. Those guys get drafted in the top 10.

Also, there’s plenty of undersized corners in the NFL. You put those guys on the explosive speed types.

Would an army be well rounded if it had no aircrafts and only tanks? Or if they had only foot soldiers with no tanks? Just because a player is built differently than another, it doesn’t mean that they’re not worth having. What good is it if you have eyes, but no ears? Or if you have arms but no feet? Every player makes up a different part of the collective body, none is better than the other.

Also, I don’t know why on Earth you would not want an explosive CB especially when we’re going up against teams like Kansas City, that really boggles my mind. We got destroyed by speed. Buffalo needs a corner that can shut speed receivers down.

I think the 2nd biggest weakness on the team is lack of speed in the secondary, the first being lack of playmakers at LB.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigAl2526 said:

I think the NE Patriots have an expectation that players will give them a discount because of their two decade dynasty status while Tom Brady was their QB.  Players are supposed to want to play for New England for the opportunity to win Super Bowl rings.  The problem for New England is that has worn off, and now players want market rate.  The Patriots haven't figured that out yet.  

I think they know, Bill just won’t change.  He took a lot of troubled guys and got them in line, got great production at discount rates because nobody else would take them.  He’s just smart with how he spends.  He pays the elite players and historically has let players go that were nothing without his system and a star in it.  Most of those guys got paid and busted, then came crawling back.  The guy is great, regardless of how much we hate him.  Him with Brady was a pairing of two of the all time best and really unfair to the rest of the league.  Both have gone on and, in my mind, proved they were a big part of the other’s success.   I know people think Brady has shown he was the key, I disagree.  Brady showed he was in fact great, but what Bill did with the talent on that team, equally impressive.  They had no business making the playoffs, but they did.  The media may think otherwise, but Mac Jones is a putz and Billy had them all believing he was the 2nd coming.  My biggest criticism of BB is simple, his drafting has been mediocre at best.  The guys he finds on the scrap pile is what makes him a legend.  He really needs to get a better scouting department or hire a GM to get the drafts right.  His 1st and 2nd round history is about as bad as the Bills.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.