Matt “frat” Stafford.

Riverboat Ritchie

1 hour ago, muppy said:

After viewing the clip and reading the thread THIS is the only response that makes any sense to me. HAMMERED. How else would even a semi aware decent human being watch a fall like that and with Zero concern just turn and walk away? He not jumping in to assist isn't what "jumped out" at me..it was the lack of even curiosity, concern for a person......even an OH MY GOSH Holy crap response....zilcho...

#hammeredYEP

gglsrts  aww shucks another one bites the dust BARTENDER

lol

Yep, muppy.  The man was pissdrunk for sure.  Probably forgot about what he'd seen within a second or two.  Still, a very creepy natural response to watching someone fall like that.  Yikes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

So you don't know whether or not he checked on her?  You literally do not have the very context you referenced.

come on.  there were many there.  no one, including the woman who fell, says he checked on her in any way.  this is only a story because he obviously did not.

4 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

come on.  there were many there.  no one, including the woman who fell, says he checked on her in any way.  this is only a story because he obviously did not.

Its only a story because outrage culture loves this kinda thing.  It makes all sorts of unremarkable people swell with pride. "I may not ever win a super bowl, but if someone falls in front of me....I look over the edge with my concerned face because I'm a good person.  I'm a good dad too.  Guess I was just raised better..."

You can bet your ass that when I'm at the parade held for "Third Tier Consultancy - MVP Middle Manager" none of your clumsy mistakes are going to ruin my moment.  You want to fall off a building or get by a bus....I will step over the dying and dead on my victory lap.   

Have fun with ya lil jobs, haters!

Edited by Jauronimo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dude was literally chugging a huge bottle of tequila minutes before that. He was in no condition to react or help at all.

Even if I'm tipsy, I would have at least reacted like "Oh crap!  You ok?"    As opposed to "I want no part of this, let me dip".

Doesn't mean that he needed to hop down and medically assist her, just a simple reaction of concern while others were attending would have at least been human.

In any case, it's certainly not a good look.

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Dude was literally chugging a huge bottle of tequila minutes before that. He was in no condition to react or help at all.

But he did react, he chose to immediately turn his back without showing one iota of concern.  That was his reaction.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ddaryl said:

My 1st reaction would of been to jump down and check on her then try to get the proper help to her immediately. I don't think I would of hesitated a bit.

I have to say Stafford's reaction was a richard move...  Not a good look Matt

I think the reason the woman needed help was that the stage was too high for a safe jump-down - and if it were surrounded by a crowd, jumping into them would likely cause more injuries from your jump. 

That said, I think Stafford's wife had the more normal human empathetic reaction and it's not a good look for Matt not to show concern, but there's a broad spectrum of human reactions to accident and when you aren't in a position to personally help someone, golly-goshing vs. turning away make no practical difference.

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Magox said:

Even if I'm tipsy, I would have at least reacted like "Oh crap!  You ok?"    As opposed to "I want no part of this, let me dip".

Doesn't mean that he needed to hop down and medically assist her, just a simple reaction of concern while others were attending would have at least been human.

But he did react, he chose to immediately turn his back without showing one iota of concern.  That was his reaction.

Looked like he said "oh my god" to me.  Thats a reaction. 

How long does he need to gawk before he walks away to be a good person?

16 minutes ago, Magox said:

You are such a better person than Matt Stafford.

Is that what everyone in here wants to hear?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.