Matt “frat” Stafford.

Riverboat Ritchie

Someone falls off a stage right in front of you after taking your picture, you should probably show a little concern. Not just dip out. Not expecting you to do a backflip off stage to check on her, but just walking away acting like it didn’t just happen or at least trying to get help is crazy to me. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 4

4 hours ago, ALF said:

The woman, Kelly Smiley, tweeted Wednesday night that she suffered a fractured spine and her cameras broke. She didn't say whether the Staffords eventually offered assistance.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-rams-super-bowl-photographer/v9rfahd7aw8c9kdkleiodxd0

Stafford saw her fall and told Kelly to take care of it

A  injury that serious you let paramedics take care of her.

The way you phrase seems so nice. 

But there’s a huge difference between noping the hell out of there entirely, and showing concern while you let professionals do their job. 

He turned around like he opened a portapotty on a couple of teenagers having sex, not like a woman who broke her spine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

The fuh is he supposed to do here?

What about liability, if he jumps down and does something and makes it worse for her?

Rule one of an injury/fall like that is do NOT move the person until a professional can attend to the situation.

• Eyeroll 3
  • Dislike 1

for full disclosure, i'm the person that can't help but to laugh when someone falls in public.  it just comes out.  that being said, that really was a strange reaction.  i don't think bad of him because if it, but it looks like he says, "oh my god", then just peaces out.  i wouldn't expect him to jump down and stabalize the woman, but man that was strange.

Edited by teef
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The fuh is he supposed to do here?

What about liability, if he jumps down and does something and makes it worse for her?

Rule one of an injury/fall like that is do NOT move the person until a professional can attend to the situation.

Have a little concerned look on his face, maybe? Just a shred of common human decency? A smidgeon of care for another person ?

• Like (+1) 7
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

His wife is a nurse so I’m glad she was there. He was too hammered to really know what was going on imo

After viewing the clip and reading the thread THIS is the only response that makes any sense to me. HAMMERED. How else would even a semi aware decent human being watch a fall like that and with Zero concern just turn and walk away? He not jumping in to assist isn't what "jumped out" at me..it was the lack of even curiosity, concern for a person......even an OH MY GOSH Holy crap response....zilcho...

#hammeredYEP

1 hour ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Can’t save em all!

gglsrts  aww shucks another one bites the dust BARTENDER

lol

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I stumbled upon Kelly Stafford’s podcast today. I didn’t know she had one (never cared but I’m low on podcast content) ..apparently she does one every morning after a game (it’s called the “Morning After” podcast) . I randomly  clicked on the episode after the Rams playoff victory over TB. I knew she was chad hall’s sister but she talked a lot about the Bills and Josh Allen and how she and a bunch of the other rams wives/GFs went to this huge Bills bar in Tampa (the Patio?) after that game to watch the chiefs game. She said she had everyone cheering for the Bills. Apparently knows Josh‘s girlfriend too and went on and on about how great they are. Anyway, random but cool.

• Like (+1) 7

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I stumbled upon Kelly Stafford’s podcast today. I didn’t know she had one (never cared but I’m low on podcast content) ..apparently she does one every morning after a game (it’s called the “Morning After” podcast) . I randomly  clicked on the episode after the Rams playoff victory over TB. I knew she was chad hall’s sister but she talked a lot about the Bills and Josh Allen and how she and a bunch of the other rams wives/GFs went to this huge Bills bar in Tampa (the Patio?) after that game to watch the chiefs game. She said she had everyone cheering for the Bills. Apparently knows Josh‘s girlfriend too and went on and on about how great they are. Anyway, random but cool.

Have you fallen for her?

• Haha (+1) 4

My 1st reaction would of been to jump down and check on her then try to get the proper help to her immediately. I don't think I would of hesitated a bit.

I have to say Stafford's reaction was a richard move...  Not a good look Matt

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, ALF said:

The woman, Kelly Smiley, tweeted Wednesday night that she suffered a fractured spine and her cameras broke. She didn't say whether the Staffords eventually offered assistance.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/matthew-stafford-rams-super-bowl-photographer/v9rfahd7aw8c9kdkleiodxd0

Stafford saw her fall and told Kelly to take care of it

A  injury that serious you let paramedics take care of her.

Clearly he is not a paramedic but apparently not very caring either.  The facial expression, the sip of water, and the turn about face and leave -  all indicate he didn’t want to be bothered.   He left it to his wife.  Not a good look IMO.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Clearly he is not a paramedic but apparently not very caring either.  The facial expression, the sip of water, and the turn about face and leave -  all indicate he didn’t want to be bothered.   He left it to his wife.  Not a good look IMO.  

Agreed.  Stafford gets the DC Tom award of the day.

image.thumb.jpeg.9b70307eb203876307bd7c3e393204a9.jpeg
                    "You're an idiot!!"

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
Evening up the text. 😁
  • Haha (+1) 1

If it was Josh, in an instant he would have flown off the stage, caught her before she hit the ground, gently placed her on the ground, reassuringly said "I got you ma'am", gave a wink, then flown off

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

"get a fall guy".  His just happened to be a lady.

I love how several here are saying "well we don't know the context", as though maybe Stafford exited to the stage stairs and went to check on her (instead of just saying oh wow, and strolling off).

Did he not check on her?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.