Matt “frat” Stafford.

Riverboat Ritchie

2 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

You are such a better person than Matt Stafford.

Is that what everyone in here wants to hear?

A lot of people need to feel morally superior to the famous and successful.  Its a coping mechanism for dealing with mediocrity when you can assume that people must sell their soul for success.

I deal with mediocrity the old fashioned way with copious amounts of alcohol like my father and his father before him.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

A lot of people need to feel morally superior to the famous and successful.  Its a coping mechanism for dealing with mediocrity when you can assume that people must sell their soul for success.

I deal with mediocrity the old fashioned way with copious amounts of alcohol like my father and his father before him.

I just let my testicles fall out of the fly on my jodphurs...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Looked like he said "oh my god" to me.  Thats a reaction. 

How long does he need to gawk before he walks away to be a good person?

For you, he doesn’t have to do *****.  That’s fine, that’s your view.

I’m not going to overall judge him as a person because he had one moment where it appeared him not having any empathy or care for the woman.   

Maybe he was too hammered to care or to react like a good human, who knows.  

But whatever it was, it most certainly wasn’t a good look.   

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, TheProcess said:

Someone falls off a stage right in front of you after taking your picture, you should probably show a little concern. Not just dip out. Not expecting you to do a backflip off stage to check on her, but just walking away acting like it didn’t just happen or at least trying to get help is crazy to me. 

I don’t know man, it appears to me that you are trying to project that you are morally superior because you are saying that he should show some compassion.    You should really try to find another coping mechanism for your mediocrity.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

The fuh is he supposed to do here?

What about liability, if he jumps down and does something and makes it worse for her?

Rule one of an injury/fall like that is do NOT move the person until a professional can attend to the situation.

Dude.  He's supposed to exhibit some human expression of concern.  Do you really not understand that?  Who said he needed to jump down or move her?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

15 minutes ago, Magox said:

For you, he doesn’t have to do *****.  That’s fine, that’s your view.

I’m not going to overall judge him as a person because he had one moment where it appeared him not having any empathy or care for the woman.   

Maybe he was too hammered to care or to react like a good human, who knows.  

But whatever it was, it most certainly wasn’t a good look.   

Empathy and compassion are dangerously close to virtue signaling and thats about the worst thing a person can do.  Callous indifference to others well being is basically patriotism and let me tell you hwat...these colors don't run.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

Empathy and compassion are dangerously close to virtue signaling and thats about the worst thing a person can do.  Callous indifference to others well being is basically patriotism and let me tell you hwat...these colors don't run.

Empathy and compassion are not the same as virtue signaling.

Virtue signaling would be to post on social media how you were there to care for that person so that everyone knows.

Empathy and compassion would be shown in the actual moment showing concern for the individual.

However, you and Drdoogie have somehow twisted it that if someone points out that Stafford didn't appear to show empathy that it must be because they want to virtue signal their moral superiority and that they are coping with the failures of their life, or some sort of dime store psychology BS.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ddaryl said:

My 1st reaction would of been to jump down and check on her then try to get the proper help to her immediately. I don't think I would of hesitated a bit.

I have to say Stafford's reaction was a richard move...  Not a good look Matt

Trying to make sense of the bolded. So, which one is it?!?!  You clearly don't know for sure what you would have done. Yet, somehow you say it's a richard move for a drunk person to not react in a way you MAY have reacted?!?! Kind of a Richard move to make such a comment. 

Again, which is it?!?! 

• Disagree 1

Here's my take.  His wife, who has experience as a nurse is right there.  Why would any of you get involved when a professional is right next to you & you have no qualifications to help the person?  Here's another thing, if Stafford, completely unqualified (and possibly drunk) so much as touches her & something goes wrong in the future, she'll sue him for millions.  I've seen stories where someone stops to help out in an accident, moves the victim the wrong way and the good samaritan gets sued.  Now imagine if you're a millionaire like Stafford.  are you going to risk a future lawsuit when there are much more qualified people around to aid & assist the victim?  

He's probably been told before this that if something happens near him and there are more qualified people to assist someone, get as far away as you can & avoid any possible lawsuit.  People like us just don't think about getting sued for being a good samaritan because we have nothing to lose.  A rich and famous person is a lawsuit waiting to happen every day.  

Edited by Albany,n.y.
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Magox said:

Empathy and compassion are not the same as virtue signaling.

Virtue signaling would be to post on social media how you were there to care for that person so that everyone knows.

Empathy and compassion would be shown in the actual moment showing concern for the individual.

However, you and Drdoogie have somehow twisted it that if someone points out that Stafford didn't appear to show empathy that it must be because they want to virtue signal their moral superiority and that they are coping with the failures of their life, or some sort of dime store psychology BS.

I know the distinction.  Go correct some of your other pals who are now walking parodies of people that use the same 5 words to avoid any critical thought.  They could benefit from some clarification.

As for dime store psychology, go back upthread and debate the people suggesting Stafford is a psychopath.

This thread was born of judgement and slander from the formation of the title and one can only question why.  Matt "frat" Stafford has no prior history of similar behavior that I am aware of so why now are people reveling in what a scumbag he must be?   Good thing you have reserved all judgement while still outlining how a "good human" handles certain situations. 

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I know the distinction.  Go correct some of your other pals who are now walking parodies of people that use the same 5 words to avoid any critical thought.  They could benefit from some clarification.

As for dime store psychology, go back upthread and debate the people suggesting Stafford is a psychopath.

This thread was born of judgement and slander from the formation of the title and one can only question why.  Matt "frat" Stafford has no prior history of similar behavior that I am aware of so why now are people reveling in what a scumbag he must be?   Good thing you have reserved all judgement while still outlining how a "good human" handles certain situations. 

whoa Nelly lol talk about a tempest in a teapot. The fact Mr Stafford looked elsewhere after seeing something in what many peoples eyes was a bad fall....virtue signaling we who see things differently are more virtuous? My reply to that is we are clearly less DRUNK than  he was at the time..or if not damn he really DGAF about human beings possibly injuring themselves right there in front of him. To me that is not a judgment on our virtue any more than the propensity to rubber neck a bad freeway accident makes us virtuous or unvirtuous. To not seemingly give a single **** if he was in his right mind is NOT a usual human response virtuous or not. If he'd have laughed I'd have understood that as he taking it as somewhat  slapstick not realizing the potential harm possibly involved. I'd like to hear his reaction today while sober and leave it at That. His reaction really means squat as far as the woman who fells well being. It was just a Odd reaction on his part for most I think.

Edited by muppy
im a sucky typist
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I'm sorry, you felt the need to respond to my innocuous first post of this thread on the subject and for some reason it triggered you enough to project the criticisms that you have on the person who started the thread onto me.  Nowhere did I say that Stafford should have jumped down to save the guy or call him a scumbag or anything of the sort.  What I said was that he never exhibited not one iota of concern.  Which is not a good look, no matter who you are or what socioeconomic class you come from.   And yeah,  sometimes when you are hammered it can cause you to not do things that good humans would do.  Doesn't mean it's a reflection of who you are, it's just a bad personal moment.

Lord knows that I have done plenty of things in my past when I have been inebriated that I've been embarrassed about.   Personally, I'm just going to chalk this up to him being hammered and Stafford just having a bad moment.

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, DabillsDaBillsDaBills said:

Don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but maybe he doesn't deal well with seeing other people's injuries. Like someone that faints at the sight of blood. Removing himself from the situation would be the best response. 

Lol, yeah I don't think that's the case. Injuries are something he should be used to in his profession,.  Anyways, speaking for myself, if a person has an accident while I'm right there close by or in front of me I have/will always try to help if I can. At least check to see if they are okay... guess it's just an "instinct" kinda thing

2 hours ago, Magox said:

Even if I'm tipsy, I would have at least reacted like "Oh crap!  You ok?"    As opposed to "I want no part of this, let me dip".

Doesn't mean that he needed to hop down and medically assist her, just a simple reaction of concern while others were attending would have at least been human.

In any case, it's certainly not a good look.

But he did react, he chose to immediately turn his back without showing one iota of concern.  That was his reaction.

Actually, in video, he can be seen looking shocked for a second, says "oh God", then turns around. That was his reaction. You probably still think it's not a good look, but he didn't immediately just turn around without showing concern. Even if it was only an iota. 

I hate to "jump" in here because this conversation seems to be heating up.  My first thought was that his reaction was pretty cold and I think it's hard to argue that it's not.  After reading some comments, I was comtemplating why he might react like that.  I wondered if he's been conditioned to move away from situations (because of his celebrity) where he could somehow be blamed for something going wrong...you know, just distance himself form the whole thing.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

I’m printing some thin Stafford line tshirts as we speak

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.