PrimeTime101

How do you like the Halftime show  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Love this Halftime Show!
    • Hate this Halftime Show!
    • Its ok.

8 hours ago, T&C said:

The music? Where is it? Dancing and prancing and rhyme words can only go so far. I don't think those horn "players" even played one note.

Keith Richard nailed it:

September 4, 2015, Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards told The New York Daily News that Rap music was for "tone deaf people.. " He went on to say "All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they're happy. There's an enormous market for people who can't tell one note from another."

Didn't know I had to be a musical scholar to enjoy it.  Again, there are quite a few artists that use live bands when performing.

The complexity of a true MC's lyrics aren't something I'd expect a Keith Richards to understand.  It takes a good ear to catch the word play, schemes, double and triple entrendes, etc.

Edited by Chicken Boo
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was AWESOME. they could have flipped it and made the entire Game the Halftime show and put the game at halftime and the ratings still would have been huge. 

not sure why 50 decided to hang himself upside down though lol. 

snoops crip walk still on point. 

12 hours ago, PrimeTime101 said:

NE your choice to hate it lol. i just wanted to see what others thought

I despise country music. So yeah seems the half the country Hates rap statement but like country is well wrong. 

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

As long as it’s not Bob Jovi I’m usually fine with it. This years was an utter train wreck, these geriatric rappers and the presentation was totally boring. I was actually thinking if Snoop moves wrong he’s going to be stuck in that position the whole show.

That’s why he snuck the on stage puff to get loose

11 hours ago, TheBrownBear said:

I'm saying they don't move the needle with the under 40 crowd.  Hip-hop and pop are kings these days...like it or not.

My 13 and 15 years olds absolutely LOVED it. Could have also been because Daddy had his old ass Crip Walking all over the house. 

• Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

Didn't know I had to be a musical scholar to enjoy it.  Again, there are quite a few artists that use live bands when performing.

The complexity of a true MC's lyrics aren't something I'd expect a Keith Richards to understand.  It takes a good ear to catch the word play, schemes, double and triple entrendes, etc.

Music snobs. 

I did not like the half time music, but that is not unusual. There is music I love and music I dislike. A lot of people enjoyed it. 

"Combined With a total of 21 Billboard No. 1 albums and 43 Grammys across the stacked lineup, this show will be one to remember." NBCDFW

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.