SB Halftime show

PrimeTime101

How do you like the Halftime show  

290 members have voted

1. 1. Well

• Love this Halftime Show!
    • Hate this Halftime Show!
    • Its ok.

Being that Dre & Snoop put out the best hip hop LP ever “ The Chronic”,  & Mary J, is an icon in her own right,  it’s only fitting  that they shared center stage in one of the most watched sporting events in our country.

Imo, Prince put on a guitar clinic, when he did the half time show, and that was very good as well. 

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Agree 3

If anyone likes The Band, The Dead, Marshal Tucker Band, The Byrds (sweetheart of the rodeo in particular), Gram Parsons, Charlie Daniels, Goose Creek Symphony, etc... then you like country music in some form.

Who in the hell doesn't like Johnny Cash or Glen Campbell?

1 hour ago, klos63 said:

That ain't happening.  Debating to go see Waters in Vegas, but it's $300 for a bad seat i think

I saw Waters do The Wall at MSG and it was phenomenal.  Not a big fan of his solo stuff, so that show was right down my alley.  $300 is more than I'd pay to see anything or anyone ... but it's Vegas, so I get it.

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, Gugny said:

I saw Waters do The Wall at MSG and it was phenomenal.  Not a big fan of his solo stuff, so that show was right down my alley.  $300 is more than I'd pay to see anything or anyone ... but it's Vegas, so I get it.

We are paying a bit more than that to see Van Morrison from some great seats coming up soon. Amphitheater north of Atlanta (Alpharetta). He’s our top act we have not seen. I wouldn’t pay to see The Stones or The Who again, but it’s a bucket list thing to see him once. Wife got six tix, and friends eagerly bought up the extras. She warned them “these are NOT the cheap seats”. They didn’t flinch. I’d have paid more, quite honestly. 

Second place on my “I’ve never seen list” would be Bruce Springsteen. Pretty big drop after that. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2

On 2/13/2022 at 10:53 PM, T&C said:

The music? Where is it? Dancing and prancing and rhyme words can only go so far. I don't think those horn "players" even played one note.

Keith Richard nailed it:

September 4, 2015, Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards told The New York Daily News that Rap music was for "tone deaf people." He went on to say "All they need is a drum beat and somebody yelling over it and they're happy. There's an enormous market for people who can't tell one note from another."

Wait a minute....do you think the super bowl half time show might not actually be live?  Like maybe this one and every one before it has just been dudes with unplugged guitars and cold mics lip syncing along to their hits???  I want a congressional investigation.

1 hour ago, Augie said:

We are paying a bit more than that to see Van Morrison from some great seats coming up soon. Amphitheater north of Atlanta (Alpharetta). He’s our top act we have not seen. I wouldn’t pay to see The Stones of The Who again, but it’s a bucket list thing to see him once. Wife got six tix, and friends eagerly bought up the extras. She warned them “these are NOT the cheap seats”. They didn’t flinch. I’d have paid more, quite honestly. 

Second place on my “I’ve never seen list” would be Bruce Springsteen. Pretty big drop after that. 

Yep.  I've got a few on my list that I would drop some coin on.  This past weekend I watched, "The Last Waltz," for the first time.  Amazing.  Pretty interesting appearance by Van Morrison in that show.  Glad you're getting to check one off your list.  Enjoy!!

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Yep.  I've got a few on my list that I would drop some coin on.  This past weekend I watched, "The Last Waltz," for the first time.  Amazing.  Pretty interesting appearance by Van Morrison in that show.  Glad you're getting to check one off your list.  Enjoy!!

The Last Waltz is one of the best things I’ve ever seen on a television. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Last Waltz is one of the best things I’ve ever seen on a television. 

It was INSANELY GOOD!!!  Other than the great music, a couple takeaways for me were a) young Robbie Robertson reminded me a lot of late 70s Eddie Van Halen (looks and mannerisms) and b) Neil Young was tripping OUT OF HIS MIND at the end of the show!!  

Edited by Gugny
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Gugny said:

It was INSANELY GOOD!!!  Other than the great music, a couple takeaways for me were a) young Robbie Robertson reminded me a lot of late 70s Eddie Van Halen (looks and mannerisms) and b) Neil Young was tripping OUT OF HIS MIND at the end of the show!!  

The Last Waltz was genius. Very raw & stripped back in all the right places. Incredible performances. Didn’t Scorsese direct it? I’ve seen it 20 times and could watch it right now 

5 minutes ago, Paul Costa said:

The Last Waltz was genius. Very raw & stripped back in all the right places. Incredible performances. Didn’t Scorsese direct it? I’ve seen it 20 times and could watch it right now 

Yep, it's a Scorcese film.  And it really is fantastic, I agree!

On 2/13/2022 at 8:17 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

horrible halftime show only hitting half the population that likes this type of music. 

That's how the rest of of feel whenever they play country music. You'll survive 

On 2/13/2022 at 8:20 PM, PrimeTime101 said:

No, but for example Country music. people dont hate it, its not for them.. for this style of music there is more the hate factor 

Why would you "hate it" to the point of making this post. Why would you assume we don't "hate" country music and everyone is ok with it. What is it about black music that makes you "hate it". We all know the answer just curious if you have the coconuts to say it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.