Is Brian Daboll Driving Coaches Away?

JGMcD2

The news that Patrick Graham has left the New York Giants DC post to take over as the Las Vegas Raiders DC,  despite Daboll making a public statement that he wanted to keep Patrick Graham as his DC, has me worried that Daboll is driving coaches away. 

It’s a clear sign that he’s in way over his head in NY and is an extremely toxic individual. 

This is 100% believable and probably accurate given everything we know today. 

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason Daboll’s seat may be very hot in 2022.

Guys, I’m 10000000% kidding.

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Dislike 1

29 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

The news that Patrick Graham has left the New York Giants DC post to take over as the Las Vegas Raiders DC,  despite Daboll making a public statement that he wanted to keep Patrick Graham as his DC, has me worried that Daboll is driving coaches away. 

It’s a clear sign that he’s in way over his head in NY and is an extremely toxic individual. 

I think as more information leaks out from coaches that have already left and others likely out the door soon that there's trouble in paradise so to speak and this another reason Daboll’s seat may be very hot in 2022.

Shame on you crawling in here posting this Crap at this time of night!

You're an analytics and stats guy and you know damned well that 100% is the maximum value

🦨

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, billsherd said:

How many coaches have were lost to Giants?

Two. Bobby Johnson (OL to OL) and Shea Tierney (Assistant QBs to QB Coach). 

On a serious note (I didn't bite @JGMcD2, honest) losing Graham is a blow for them. He has done a good job there. But allegedly Wink Martindale was the DC name Daboll was giving this year at interviews it just so happened with the Giants that they had a guy in situ who Daboll had familiarity with. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

Two. Bobby Johnson (OL to OL) and Shea Tierney (Assistant QBs to QB Coach). 

On a serious note (I didn't bite @JGMcD2, honest) losing Graham is a blow for them. He has done a good job there. But allegedly Wink Martindale was the DC name Daboll was giving this year at interviews it just so happened with the Giants that they had a guy in situ who Daboll had familiarity with. 

They should hire Flores :) .  I could see Daboll making a run at Martindale, Fangio, Wilks, Zimmer, or promote from within.  He has a lot of options.

Edited by Doc Brown

21 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He is not HC material, just like Bieniemy and Frazier. These guys are not leaders and will go back to their OC/DC gigs after they fail.

That may or may not prove itself true with Daboll. The problem is when there are 6, 7, 8, and this year 9 vacancies every year there simply aren't the slam dunk candidates out there to fill them. Of the first time guys hired I think Daboll and Eberflus were certainly the most deserving. Whether it works out or not is a different question.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

4 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

You had me.  Well played.

Edited by CoudyBills
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

That may or may not prove itself true with Daboll. The problem is when there are 6, 7, 8, and this year 9 vacancies every year there simply aren't the slam dunk candidates out there to fill them. Of the first time guys hired I think Daboll and Eberflus were certainly the most deserving. Whether it works out or not is a different question.

Bieniemy has best resume by far of the assistant coach 1st time HC candidates, has for a few years.

• Disagree 1

2 hours ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

He is not HC material, just like Bieniemy and Frazier. These guys are not leaders and will go back to their OC/DC gigs after they fail.

Good chance you're right just because more that half of the coordinators who become head coaches do fail, but you never know when and where the exceptions come from.  When the Bills hired McD many thought the same here.  While some here who hate the guy will likely respond that he's not a good HC, his record doesn't agree with that.  He and Beane have turned the team around.  There's been many good teams and coaches over the years who didn't win it all. 

Having said all that do think the fact that Daboll took this long in his career to get where he is doesn't bode well for him.  One of the few coaches who only succeeded well into his career was Marv Levy, but he had a very stacked team.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.