Thursday night games to cost Amazon Prime customers more

notwoz

8 hours ago, TBBills said:

The sky is falling! I love how a dollar more is going to quickly end up being "all your money"

You probably shouldn't be on the internet b.c you cannot afford it. 

Its not even about the price.. it’s about seeing people like you simp so hard for a company that has benefitted more than anyone from this pandemic by wiping out mom/pop businesses and lesser competition. 

Let’s be real, I’ll pay for it to watch TNF as well, but I’m not going to come white knight for a multi-billion dollar organization that capitalized more than anyone these past few years.  

18 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Its not even about the price.. it’s about seeing people like you simp so hard for a company that has benefitted more than anyone from this pandemic by wiping out mom/pop businesses and lesser competition. 

Let’s be real, I’ll pay for it to watch TNF as well, but I’m not going to come white knight for a multi-billion dollar organization that capitalized more than anyone these past few years.  

the he pandemic didn’t wipe out the mom and pop stores?

also, as you know, many small companies sell through Amazon 

If mom and pop stores are conveniently located and fully stocked with things people want to buy, they are doing ok.  Visit any large city and you’ll pass dozens on a 1 mile city stroll.

17 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

I think they are just replacing Fox for the ones that Fox has simulcast with NFL Network.  

Nope, all Amazon

29 minutes ago, Steptide said:

Are the Thursday night games gonna only be on Amazon now? 

Yep

• Thank you (+1) 1

That's why MNF went down the tubes & SNF is now the king because they went to a channel that you had to pay to watch . Now that it's to late the owners are trying to get it back to near what it use to be by putting those games on ABC too but to little to late .

I for 1 will be not watching Thursday night games if it's a pay thing . I wouldn't have cable if it wasn't for the wife paying for it ! 

Edited by T master

17 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

I fear there will be no DVR features. That's how most streaming sports work, and it's crazy that the companies don't realize the value of the feature.

This is a little different though in that they are showing something live.  How much Amazon programming or Netflix, Hulu, etc, is shown live.  You're normally watching something filmed a couple weeks/months ago.

ESPN doesn't but that's more a TV station than a streaming service.

1 hour ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

This is a little different though in that they are showing something live.  How much Amazon programming or Netflix, Hulu, etc, is shown live.  You're normally watching something filmed a couple weeks/months ago.

ESPN doesn't but that's more a TV station than a streaming service.

I am in fact referring to ESPN+, Paramount Plus, and Amazon Prime to date

Amazon ignores people at their core, are cheap and are in perpetual search for a "deal".

If Amazon made you pay for shipping, or made you pay for the app monthly, a majority of its base would no longer use it.  

People think they get a "deal" with free shipping, so they use it.  

Some will pay Amazon for a product they once received for free, but not nearly enough.  

On 2/3/2022 at 6:47 PM, HappyDays said:

Every streaming service increases their rate every couple years. Netflix just did the same thing and didn't even bother providing an excuse. It's how all these companies plan to make money in the long run. Operate at a loss for a few years, build a massive customer base, keep that customer base while slowly increasing the rate until they become profitable.

Its like what they do to cook a lobster

ill be dropping my prime sub when it's up for renewal in august. i thought about doing it when it went from 100 to 120. now im out. shipping is mostly free, and i don't use the video service enough. 

you can get the video service for 8.99 per month, btw. 

i'd only watch thurs night football with bills on anyway. 

20 hours ago, dpberr said:

Amazon ignores people at their core, are cheap and are in perpetual search for a "deal".

If Amazon made you pay for shipping, or made you pay for the app monthly, a majority of its base would no longer use it.  

People think they get a "deal" with free shipping, so they use it.  

Some will pay Amazon for a product they once received for free, but not nearly enough.  

Amazon has never ignored me.  I order something, it shows up, no questions asked.....

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.