Denver Broncos officially for sale

PromoTheRobot

I live just outside of Denver. A very loyal fanbase. I admire that about them.

Fans hope that they strike gold again by having Rodgers join them a la Peyton Manning.

The problem is Elway is probably the most famous and revered person in Colorado. Other than "lucking" into Manning, he has been terrible with decisions and the GM's and coaches have been underwhelming.

With all of that said, Denver is a solid business town, loyal sports fans, and the chance to own a franchise with so much history as well as revenue potential is worth the billions.

Legitimate interest by an Elway Group, Manning Group, and even someone like Bezos probably has done his due diligence.

With the property rights involved, something around $4 billion is crazy-sounding but certainly not unrealistic in any way.

Edited by Wizard

21 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I don't get why Kraft and the NFL were so enamored with him as an potential owner, other than his celebrity.

Especially since he didn't have the money required to be the majority owner. I am sure he could have bought them as a minority owner with partners he had. 

5 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

@PromoTheRobot,did you read the Bon Jovi interview where he said he never, ever planned on moving the Bills from Buffalo, and that the smear campaign against him was engineered and funded by Trump (which it actually was)? 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/24/why-jon-bon-jovi-erased-buffalo-and-the-bills-from-his-life/ 
and

https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-shady-scheme-to-buy-nfl-buffalo-bills

I find it hard to believe the Rogers folks would bankroll Jon just to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I find it hard to believe the Rogers folks would bankroll Jon just to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Definitely not.  They might have pretended at first in order to keep people engaged and happy... but I'm sure the stadium demands would come quickly and would be unreasonable.  This would give them their pretense and buy them enough time to relocate.

It also helped our case that the paint was barely dry on the renovations and the lease extension when the team went up for sale.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

@PromoTheRobot,did you read the Bon Jovi interview where he said he never, ever planned on moving the Bills from Buffalo, and that the smear campaign against him was engineered and funded by Trump (which it actually was)? 

https://touchdownwire.usatoday.com/2020/10/24/why-jon-bon-jovi-erased-buffalo-and-the-bills-from-his-life/ 
and

https://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-shady-scheme-to-buy-nfl-buffalo-bills

Total BS

Bon Jovi realized all he had to say was "Trump made it up!" and people would buy it. 

The entire Toronto series was about building the fanbase there for an eventual move. If Rodgers had outlived Ralph the team would 100% be in Toronto right now full time. Rodgers couldn't have cared less about the team's security in Buffalo. 

He paid an obscene amount of money to Ralph for those games. It was like $80 million dollars, which back then was roughly 1/10 the price of buying an NFL team, as teams hadn't hit the billion mark yet. 

But yeah, if his family ended up buying them they were going to basically give the team to Bon Jovi and let him run it from a canal boat in Tonawanda while they financed a team in WNY and paid all the bills for a new stadium.

OK

No, Bon Jovi was being used as the "friendly face" when the Rodgers group was going to put up 70% of the money. Those guys know how popular classic rock is in Buffalo/WNY. 

Geddy Lee was their first choice, but alas, he was a Toronto man. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, ControllerOfPlanetX said:

I am sure a local ganja house has the cash on hand...

Using only $100 bills, at $3.5 billion sale price. The cash would weigh 77,000 lbs. They would have to bring it in multiple tractor trailers....

20 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Total BS

Bon Jovi realized all he had to say was "Trump made it up!" and people would buy it. 

The entire Toronto series was about building the fanbase there for an eventual move. If Rodgers had outlived Ralph the team would 100% be in Toronto right now full time. Rodgers couldn't have cared less about the team's security in Buffalo. 

He paid an obscene amount of money to Ralph for those games. It was like $80 million dollars, which back then was roughly 1/10 the price of buying an NFL team, as teams hadn't hit the billion mark yet. 

But yeah, if his family ended up buying them they were going to basically give the team to Bon Jovi and let him run it from a canal boat in Tonawanda while they financed a team in WNY and paid all the bills for a new stadium.

OK

No, Bon Jovi was being used as the "friendly face" when the Rodgers group was going to put up 70% of the money. Those guys know how popular classic rock is in Buffalo/WNY. 

Geddy Lee was their first choice, but alas, he was a Toronto man. 

Yeah, that's my view. Interesting that he says this, though. Also, two things can be true at once - JBJ is full of it and that Trump funded a smear campaign. Trump would have moved them too, of course. Good thing we have the Pegulas.

• Like (+1) 4

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Yeah, that's my view. Interesting that he says this, though. Also, two things can be true at once - JBJ is full of it and that Trump funded a smear campaign. Trump would have moved them too, of course. Good thing we have the Pegulas.

Yes, Bon Jovi is full of it.

You know that Trump wanted to move the Bills out of Buffalo to be a fact?

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Yes, Bon Jovi is full of it.

You know that Trump wanted to move the Bills out of Buffalo to be a fact?

Reporter Elizabeth Spiers, who worked for Jared Kushner at the NY Observer long before Trump became a political figure, reported that in a meeting with a close associate of Trump to try and figure out why he acted the way he did, the latter said, "Here's what you need to know about Donald: he lies to people about the weather just to stay in practice." If a better deal had come along -- and it would have, no doubt -- all of his past behavior and practices indicate that he'd have moved the Bills at the proverbial drop of a hat. Obviously and thankfully we'll never find out. I'm not talking about politics here; I'm talking about his long career as a businessman in which he lied constantly about pretty much everything.    

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

Reporter Elizabeth Spiers, who worked for Jared Kushner at the NY Observer long before Trump became a political figure, reported that in a meeting with a close associate of Trump to try and figure out why he acted the way he did, the latter said, "Here's what you need to know about Donald: he lies to people about the weather just to stay in practice." If a better deal had come along -- and it would have, no doubt -- all of his past behavior and practices indicate that he'd have moved the Bills at the proverbial drop of a hat. Obviously and thankfully we'll never find out. I'm not talking about politics here; I'm talking about his long career as a businessman in which he lied constantly about pretty much everything.    

Sounds like heresy to me.

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

I don’t know. Trump just doesn’t strike me as the type to conduct a smear campaign against someone. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.