YOUR choice for OC and WHY

BuffaloBillyG

Just now, BuffaloBillyG said:

True. But most here assert that idea only exists with external hires.

I mean, who knows? Just because a guy was a good position coach for the KC Chiefs, or some other random team that has a great offense, doesn't mean they will come into a new surrounding, with more responsibility, and do well.

Just like we don't know if someone promoted from within will. I'd just strongly advocate for an internal hire if a candidate exists for obvious reasons.

Just now, Beast said:

I mean, who knows? Just because a guy was a good position coach for the KC Chiefs, or some other random team that has a great offense, doesn't mean they will come into a new surrounding, with more responsibility, and do well.

Just like we don't know if someone promoted from within will. I'd just strongly advocate for an internal hire if a candidate exists for obvious reasons.

I agree. Just like there's no guarentee that a position coach from within will step into a new position with Morse responsibility and do well. It's a 100% crapshoot either way. 

Issue is that so many here are 100% closed off to an external hire that if it's not Dorsey (or Hall) named people will freak out. I think looking outside and comparing what you already have on staff is the most effective way to make surs the guys you name is the right guy...not just the hot name of the one you already knew.

Cast a wide search.  Who has the best vision of the offense and Allen.  Where ever that takes em, I am ok with it.  New wrinkles.  More schemed open guys.  Every play cant be Allen read the defense make the right throw.  The offense needs a little, vs this look this guy will be wide open type plays.  The best offensive minds do this with regularity.  

Ken Dorsey.

I'm a big supporter when it comes to familiarity and chemistry. Dorsey knows Josh and the current system as well as anyone plus I'd like to think he has ideas that Daboll never thought of or maybe never considered. 

This has been a Top 5 offense the last 2 seasons. It doesn't need much "tweaking". 

4 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Ken Dorsey.

I'm a big supporter when it comes to familiarity and chemistry. Dorsey knows Josh and the current system as well as anyone plus I'd like to think he has ideas that Daboll never thought of or maybe never considered. 

This has been a Top 5 offense the last 2 seasons. It doesn't need much "tweaking". 

Again...looking for external names. Dorsey is the obvious choice amoung Bills fans. Always because of "consistancy"....but no one really can explain what Dorsey knows, thinks or how he's the best person for the job. What HE brings other than he's already here.

Dorsey or Doug Pedersen 

Dorsey because of continuity and I think the offense would stay similar 

Pedersen because I think he is an innovative play caller and made Wentz look like an MVP for a while.

Edited by Big Turk

58 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Ken Dorsey.

This makes the most sense, he would be a smooth transition and he seems close with Josh.

Someone who allows Josh to throw it deep 4-5 times a game and also runs more 2 right end formations…

I’m a believer to really have the offense clicking you need a second tight end and also implements a screen game 

I’d also love a guy whose called plays in the nfl at some level either as a coach or coordinator I don’t want a guy with a super bowl caliber team learning on the fly 

2 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Tee Higgins, the WR for the Bengals might be our OC?

Tee Martin wouldn't be terrible although really somewhat unproven and might just be a Rooney Rule qualification, which is sad in many respects.  

I go with Dorsey, also unproven as a play caller, like the continuity.

Im good with giving Dorsey a shot. But Martin has acually called playes as a OC before. 

I'm of the opinion that anyone that our uber conservative coach signs off on will be tempted to play it safe and will limit our ultra talented QB.

As such, I am publically declaring for Josh Allen becoming his own OC. Jackie Moon did something similar in semi pro.

Well as things stand now Josh Allen and the O have used Daboll's playbook pretty successfully.

The PLAYBOOK is still in Buffalo.  It seems to me for 2022 what is needed is someone who can expound on Daboll's plays

and bring in a new twist.  A good OC seems more about stringing and disguising the correct plays together that are already in the book.

I'm not sure a well established former OC would do that.  Do the Bills really want to tear down Josh Allen and the O for a

completely new system?

As to the specific person I'm going to leave that to OBD.

Doug Pederson---assuming he isn't steadfastly holding out for another HC position, which he well might be doing.

Why?  He has a TON of experience and you can't have too many ex-head coaches on the staff.  Experience is a good thing.  

He was risky and aggressive as hell when Philly took down the Patriots in the SB, and clearly understood the only way you beat Brady/BB and the Patriots in the big show is if you PLAY TO WIN.

He has a lot of real, NFL, in-game play calling experience.

I don't want ANYONE who has never called plays before.

I also think a guy like Pederson could and would push McDermott to be much better than he is currently.

34 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Thomas Chandler Gailey Jr.

Chan Gailey always had a natural knack for clever, creative offensive play design! 

I wouldn't mind that at all to be honest, and he's been around the block many times.

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Peyton "Go Bills" Manning. No explanation needed. 

I have to say, the prospect of Peyton Manning working 1 on 1 with Josh Allen give me a woody.

Assuming he would really want to pursue a coaching career.  It's too early for him to be an OC though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.