Are you excited about the Superbowl matchup ?

HOUSE

55 minutes ago, DeltaDigital said:

the NFL hates this matchup. turd market city like cinci, with no fan base and no historical significance. couple that with a roster fairly devoid of talent outside burrow and chase. There's no compelling story lines here. Staffords story is cool, but he carries no mystique like brady, rodgers, mahomes etc. they're not as exciting as Allen or mahomes... My guess is the ratings are trash. LA doesnt care about football, and stan kronke = art modell. 

The NFL and the media are busy creating a storyline.  It's going to be "Joe Cool, Boy Wonderback" vs. the Rams.  I'm not sure what cool storyline they'll create for the Rams, but they have Stafford reaching the Superbowl after years on the Lions, his wife as a brain cancer survivor,

The Superbowl ratings are driven by Superbowl parties, the true "National Night Out".   A lot of people who don't normally watch football tune in from the gatherings, is my understanding.  They'll take place in most areas this year.

As far as "devoid of talent outside of Burrow and Chase", Cincy also has Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd - Bills fans hate to hear it, but that's a better WR triumverate than we have right now.  They have Mixon, who is a better RB than we have.  On the defensive side of the ball, they have Hendrickson (14 sacks), Hubbard, and Ogunjobi, who both tied our leading player for sacks.  They're a better D than they get credit for.

I'm interested, not excited.  

Yesterday's games were more enjoyable in a relaxed sort of way for me than any games this year.  The Bills weren't playing, and yesterday's results had no impact on the Bills, so I could just put all that out of my mind and watch the games.  If I'd been a fan of any of the four teams playing yesterday, I'd have been a nervous wreck by the end of the day.  As it was, I just enjoyed watching tight, close games.

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The NFL and the media are busy creating a storyline.  It's going to be "Joe Cool, Boy Wonderback" vs. the Rams.  I'm not sure what cool storyline they'll create for the Rams, but they have Stafford reaching the Superbowl after years on the Lions, his wife as a brain cancer survivor,

The Superbowl ratings are driven by Superbowl parties, the true "National Night Out".   A lot of people who don't normally watch football tune in from the gatherings, is my understanding.  They'll take place in most areas this year.

As far as "devoid of talent outside of Burrow and Chase", Cincy also has Tee Higgins and Tyler Boyd - Bills fans hate to hear it, but that's a better WR triumverate than we have right now.  They have Mixon, who is a better RB than we have.  On the defensive side of the ball, they have Hendrickson (14 sacks), Hubbard, and Ogunjobi, who both tied our leading player for sacks.  They're a better D than they get credit for.

OTOH their O line is so bad they have Quinton Spain starting at guard.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

Sure, why not. The Bengals are great underdog story. The last 2 years the team won 2 and 4 games, and now they are in the SB!! The Rams are the Yankees, they basically bought all their players. The Bengals story also proves that McDermott needs to be on the HOT seat next year. No more excuses. The Bengals D is full of 4th thru 6 round picks. There's not ONE stud. If the Bills don't get back to the AFC Championship next year, McDermott needs to go. Bills ownership needs to get tough. If the freaking Bengals can beat the Chiefs in KC, and get to a SB. The Bills coaching staff (And players) are out of excuses.   

Hendrickson is a genuine stud.  I wanted the Bills to go after him last off season.   Most teams are "full of 4th and 6 round picks", but the starters on the Bengals D have much talent than that implies.  Their Safeties are 2nd round picks (one from them, one from the Saints).  Eli Apple was a 1st round pick for the Giants who washed out there, but has been good in Cincy.  Lot of 3rd round picks.   

Who are all these 4th through 6th round picks starting on the Bengals D?

• Like (+1) 2

I like that the playoffs in general are moving away from the teams we've seen over & over again over the past decade or 2.  I'm excited for Cincy, since their fans have been through a lot like we have.  I'm also excited for Stafford, who really paid his dues.

And as others mentioned, it's a stress free SB - something I haven't had a lot of. I hated it when the Pats were always in it, and even last year, didn't want to see Brady win another. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Blainorama5 said:

I actually hope the Rams win.  Don't want that arrogant Burroughs winning it all in just his second season.  Geeez, Cincy will be unsufferable.

I want all the unsufferable feelings and hope the Bills owners feel it.  Allen is better than Joe B.  We just lack the talent around Allen (esp. front 7 on D, and at RB) that Cincy has.  

7 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Hendrickson is a genuine stud.  I wanted the Bills to go after him last off season.   Most teams are "full of 4th and 6 round picks", but the starters on the Bengals D have much talent than that implies.  Their Safeties are 2nd round picks (one from them, one from the Saints).  Eli Apple was a 1st round pick for the Giants who washed out there, but has been good in Cincy.  Lot of 3rd round picks.   

Who are all these 4th through 6th round picks starting on the Bengals D?

not getting Hendrickson in FA was a tremendous mistake.  

It's funny that one of the most exciting NFL postseasons ever has produced one of the most lackluster Super Bowl matchups ever.

But if the Bills couldn't get there, I'd rather this matchup than any that included KC, Tampa, GB, SF.

And, who knows, maybe Burrow/Chase/Mixon and Stafford/Kupp/Donald/OBJ will continue this exciting postseason and give us another great game. There is still a lot of elite talent in this game, so it could be fun. I don't think the winner will truly be the best team in the league this year, but hey, hats off to anyone who can run the gauntlet and win a SB. We all know that ain't easy.

P.S. And I'm sure the league would be very happy with a win for Los Angeles.

Not at all really.

I'm HAPPIER seeing this than a Bucs/KC game because I want to see some different teams and not be hit over the head 1000 times with is 'Brady/Mahomes the best now or best ever' conversation.  For that reason alone I will ENJOY watching this game more.

But for the same reason I will ENJOY watching it (stress free), is the reason also I am not excited over it.  I truly don't think these are the 2 best teams in the NFL.  They are barely in the top 3 in their own conference.  So whoever wins the game will be the Superbowl winner, the league champion and they will deserve it....but it takes a little of the excitement from the game when in my mind the winner might not even be one of the top 4 or 5 best teams in the league...and I know that going into the game.

1 hour ago, dakrider said:

The good thing about this SB is neither team has ever won a SB before so that makes it exciting for the winner.  

Except for that Rams vs Titans Superbowl back in 2000 where the Rams actually won the title.  Different city they were representing, but the same team/franchise for sure.

I think the stories of Stafford and Burrow are interesting as first overall picks.  Stafford's journey is really cool, leaves Detroit, goes to SB.  I think the Rams will win.  Shows how terrible Detroit is as an organization...a team that had a QB for the last decade plus and had no clue.  Shows you need a QB AND a good organization, not just a QB like people thing often.

Excited no, but I think it will be fun to watch, more so than anything involving Chiefs.

Plus I've been on the Bengals all season, only futures I bet this year were McDermott coach of the year (oops) and Cincinnati to win the division at like +1800, then roughly the same odds again once they locked up the north to win the conference. I'll be placing one more sizeable wager on the Bengals to finish the job.

I’m disgusted that Cincinnati with Burroughs made it before the Bills with Allen. The coaching blunders really have me aggravated. I’m even more disappointed that we have too many draft failures that we are up against the cap and still have many needs. To many average Joes and not enough play makers…

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

I’m disgusted that Cincinnati with Burroughs made it before the Bills with Allen. The coaching blunders really have me aggravated. I’m even more disappointed that we have too many draft failures that we are up against the cap and still have many needs. To many average Joes and not enough play makers…

It’s BURROW. Derrick Burroughs was a stud back in the day though 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.