I love some of you… but I hate this site right now

NewEra

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Lol, won't be long there will be a new thread with title reading, " It's Saturday and 1 day from a whole week and I'm still hurting"

Followed by 6 more titled:

"Guys, I figured it out! The coaches blew our one shot for a Superbowl!"

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 4

I mean it hurts more because they're so good, when your team sucks losing doesn't hurt as much because they weren't going to do anything anyway. People are clearly overreacting, say what you will about the decision-making during regulation that should have kept us out of OT but in the end our team was good enough that if a coin flips the other way, we're probably SB favorites.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 1

NewEra you make it seem like it is easy to get back to the SB. We are lamenting the lost opportunity because it is really hard. Yes Allen is a top 3 QB. But so was Marino. So was Elway. So was Brees. All kinds of things can happen in a season. We are hurting because they had a great shot to win it all. People have been posting about 10-15 year windows to win the SB. That is incredibly unlikely.  It more likely the Bills go the way of Seattle when the real effects of Allen's extension kick in. 

The coaching staff and Beane blew a great opportunity when Allen was still relatively affordable. That all comes to a halt in a couple years.  

They should have been win at all costs this year just like LA.  Hopefully Beane will adjust.

The pain will lessen, but not for many weeks.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 8

The fact that we lost due to multiple choices by someone who is going to remain in charge makes it much harder to stomach. We could draft a speed WR or replace Edmunds or draft another pass rusher to give us hope if it were one of those issues. But Josh played a nearly perfect game and the leader going forward erased it with his incompetence. 

There’s no guarantee we will ever get back to the AFCCG. Ask a fan of a team that has won a Super Bowl(s) if a loss like this hurts any less. Ask a saints fan if the no PI call still bothers them.  We have even more right to be upset considering this would’ve been the first.

So lose me with the lecture less than a week since, in my opinion, the worst loss in Buffalo sports history(due to the fact it was multiple choices instead of a missed kick or “execution”) and get used to it because this isn’t going anyway anytime soon. That’s what happens when a coach screws up this bad on such a big stage. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

NewEra you make it seem like it is easy to get back to the SB. We are lamenting the lost opportunity because it is really hard. Yes Allen is a top 3 QB. But so was Marino. So was Elway. So was Brees. All kinds of things can happen in a season. We are hurting because they had a great shot to win it all. People have been posting about 10-15 year windows to win the SB. That is incredibly unlikely.  It more likely the Bills go the way of Seattle when the real effects of Allen's extension kick in. 

The coaching staff and Beane blew a great opportunity when Allen was still relatively affordable. That all comes to a halt in a couple years.  

They should have been win at all costs this year just like LA.  Hopefully Beane will adjust.

I make it seem like it’s easy to get back to the super bowl.  If that’s what you got out of this post, than you’re one of the reasons this site sucks right now.  Yup, that’s it.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 5

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

We havent been here before, there was no salary cap & the free agency was much different in the late 80s/early 90s. The way Allen plays we, our window is a big hit way from our window closing. 

• Vomit 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 2

1 minute ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

The fact that we lost due to multiple choices by someone who is going to remain in charge makes it much harder to stomach. We could draft a speed WR or replace Edmunds or draft another pass rusher to give us hope if it were one of those issues. But Josh played a nearly perfect game and the leader going forward erased it with his incompetence. 

There’s no guarantee we will ever get back to the AFCCG. Ask a fan of a team that has won a Super Bowl(s) if a loss like this hurts any less. Ask a saints fan if the no PI call still bothers them.  We have even more right to be upset considering this would’ve been the first.

So lose me with the lecture less than a week since, in my opinion, the worst loss in Buffalo sports history(due to the fact it was multiple choices instead of a missed kick or “execution”) and get used to it because this isn’t going anyway anytime soon. That’s what happens when a coach screws up this bad on such a big stage. 

Sorry if I touched a nerve. If you read this and see this as a lecture, good.  It’s meant for you. I ain’t lying. 

1 minute ago, uticaclub said:

We havent been here before, there was no salary cap & the free agency was much different in the late 80s/early 90s. The way Allen plays we, our window is a big hit way from our window closing. 

You haven’t been here before. I promise you, I have. 

43 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I come here for many reasons.  I enjoy discussing our favorite team and the league that it plays in.  I enjoy reading different perspectives than my own (even though they’re all wrong if not aligned with mine, obv). I enjoy learning about prospects, schemes and football 101.  I enjoy discussing the draft.  I enjoy reading the same nonsense from the same idiots on a daily basis.   It makes me feel better about myself knowing that I’m not that stupid (regardless of what you might think 🤔).

This loss to the chiefs was unusually painful.  Worse than any loss I can remember, as a fan or as a participant. Pain.   I haven’t watched or listened to one second of sports talk/social media since.  Every time a buddy texts me about something sports related, my reply is the same: too soon.  

That said, I can’t seem to stay away from tbd.  I’ve been coming here for just short of 20 years now and I enjoy it more often ever (thanks to 17, most of you guys pretty much suck).  Until this week.  This week has been pathetic.  Maybe I’ve been pathetic too, being unable to swallow anything sports related, but some of the takes this week….. good ****ing lord.  We have a great team that should have won the SB of not for 

a bad coaching decision/s. Yet all I see is doom and gloom/nonsense spewing 🤮.  Yes it sucks that we lost, but don’t over think it. We’re a championship caliber team. We didn’t lose because Motor isn’t good enough.  We didn’t lose because Beane didn’t draft Creed Humphrey and Trey Smith (like I wanted them to).  We didn’t lose because our players aren’t fast enough. We didn’t lose because Tremaine edmunds sucks.  We didn’t lose because we don’t have a premier pass rusher. We didn’t lose because Cole Beasley didn’t get vaccinated.  Stop.  We lost because of a bad coaching decision/failed communications within our STs.  Not sure which, but that’s why we lost.  We had the game 95% won and then 13 seconds happened.  We’ll never know why we lost or what we could’ve done to ensure a win.  I know it’s a message board and this is what we do…..but it’s not enjoyable right now, for me anyways.  Act like you’ve been there before…..because most of you have.  I know it was a tough loss, but get it together tbd.

certainly I agree with some of this but getting to a Super Bowl and then winning it is not easy. Yes Allen is great and yes we are championship caliber but that doesn’t mean crap. If this season taught us anything, it is that momentum and staying relatively healthy means a lot. We were incredibly lucky with the exception of great Tre White to stay injury free.  Whose to say that happens next year. Also we were really peaking the last half of the season, again that can change too. We were a team that was capable of losing to J-ville when not clicking. I guess what people are so frustrated about is knowing that in terms of opponents and paths to the Lombardi, it may never be as straight as it was going into last Sunday. There are no guarantees.  Damn, just one before I die. Go Bills. 

3 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

But, because of all the ways you say the game is different, our window can stay open a bit longer.  

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Sorry if I touched a nerve. If you read this and see this as a lecture, good.  It’s meant for you. I ain’t lying. 

whatever it’s called it’s worthless. This place is for talking football and you’re getting upset that people are discussing the minutiae of one of the biggest games ever. 

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Also, I notice you didn’t refute any of my points.

• Eyeroll 2

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

This!

I simply can't watch the NFL network this week, or ESPN.

The Bills were mostly injury free and Josh Allen was playing on "unicorn" level above everyone else.

This coaching staff screwed it up this season in many ways. From the offense scoring 6 points against a 30th ranked defense of the 2-6 Jacksonville Jaguars. (This game still haunts me almost as much as the 13 seconds.) To allowing the Patriots to win IN Buffalo 10-14 on MNF. 

That supposed vaunted Buffalo #1 defense that held the Colts to a mere 41 points and allowed a RB to go 32 for 185, 4 TDs. Oh, but if we stack the box we should be able to keep the same players on the field...

Nobody on that Buffalo coaching staff thought that KC would be able to move close enough to get a FG in 13 seconds...they learned. You would think that they would know from playing Tom Brady so many times. Not covering Kelce, Hill but covering the sidelines...

Josh Allen and Buffalo Bills fans deserved better...as KC fans rejoice in the 13 seconds.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 3

5 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

No salary cap?

The salary cap tore the early 90's team apart.    The Will Wolford escalator clause BS.   Ballard and Odomes.    If they had been playing by pre-free agency rules with no salary cap the Bills might have gone to 6-7 straight SB's. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, mjfbillsfan said:

certainly I agree with some of this but getting to a Super Bowl and then winning it is not easy. Yes Allen is great and yes we are championship caliber but that doesn’t mean crap. If this season taught us anything, it is that momentum and staying relatively healthy means a lot. We were incredibly lucky with the exception of great Tre White to stay injury free.  Whose to say that happens next year. Also we were really peaking the last half of the season, again that can change too. We were a team that was capable of losing to J-ville when not clicking. I guess what people are so frustrated about is knowing that in terms of opponents and paths to the Lombardi, it may never be as straight as it was going into last Sunday. There are no guarantees.  Damn, just one before I die. Go Bills. 

Who’s to say we won’t win 4 Super Bowls in a row?  Who’s to say josh allen won’t go down as the greatest qb ever?  He might.  He’s that good.  Be happy about him…… or be a sad, negative Debbie downer that just wants to look at the sad side of things. I promise you, that will accomplish nothing. Ever.  Zilch. Ask @ScottLaw.  No one will ever give you anything of substance for ****ing on your team.  You won’t feel better about yourself. You won’t feel better about the bills.  You won’t feel better about your family. You’ll just be someone that most people prefer not to associate…..minus the other crappers.  Does wonders for your mental state. 🙄 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.