I love some of you… but I hate this site right now

NewEra

5 hours ago, McBean said:

I’m not getting over it or getting crap together.

With a legit HC, we are prepping to go to the Super Bowl in 24 hours…at home.

Our HC cost us this game. Period. No excuses for the guy left. I’m so sick of him being pampered on here.

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Everyone was jumping around mauling each other  at the bar when we scored with 13 secs left. I stood there in awe of 17 and shed a tear.  Just so happy that we finally have a QB capable of playing at such a high level.  

So true I agree 100%. The players did all they could Ineptitude coaching cost us the Super Bowl!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Normally I avoid TBD like the plague for a good 24 hours or so after a loss (mostly), but this game was different—I really needed the TBD community as a type of communal therapy talking it through session, day after day…I can honestly say it’s helped me to process my feelings and start the work of moving forward…even the crazy posts have helped! Knowing you’re not alone with bearing this burden of one of the worst franchise losses ever, makes all the difference. Thanks TBD!!!

• Agree 2

This is so hard to get a grasp on.

Simply put, There is no way in the world you should have a wr catch 4 tds (first time in nfl playoff history) and a qb throw 9 tds in back to back playoff games (first time in nfl playoff history) and be eliminated. Defensive coaches had them playing scared. 

• Like (+1) 1

Some people are simply negative, others are trolls, but most are just venting. I think the majority fall into the venting category. The Buffalo Bills mean a lot to people.  People are known to overreact when something important lets them down. Especially when it rehashes old baggage. This is the franchise of four Super Bowl losses, Music City Miracle, and Wide Right. We’re in a relationship that has wounds, and Buffalo Bills meltdowns hit a sour note with folks. The future is bright, but those old wounds come to the surface when we suffer extraordinary losses. I’d just take a break from the board if needed. 

On 1/29/2022 at 5:53 AM, Scorp83 said:

it doesn’t matter who we draft or acquire in the off-season…this type of bad thinking in the crucial moments in the game was concerning. No you don’t fire McDermott…not even Frazier because I think they’ll learn from this. 

Yea…I’m kinda here as well.

I'm not a "Fire everybody!" or even a "Fire Frazier!" type.  I don't know if the loose D at the end of the game and OT was more on McD or Frazier, or both.

But what concerns me, is that "loose D" cost us a playoff win in Houston in 2019, and now this Divisional round.  In between, we were unable to get stops in the Tennessee and the Colts game.  There is also, IMHO, a pattern of being slow to make defensive adjustments or sometimes unable to do so in the 2nd half.

So once is a happenstance, twice could be a coincidence ... more than that is a pattern.  I hope Frazier and McDermott learn from this, but they're not novices or new as DC and HC. 

I'm a believer that with the proper "growth mindset", learning and true improvement are lifelong, but it's more difficult and requires fierceness and a true "fire in the belly".  So I more hope, than think they'll get this fixed and move on.

As far as the site, it's not an accident that there are more duplicative threads and more nonsense on here after a loss.  The perception is that people need to vent, so we use a lighter hand and let it go on for a while.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.