If Dorsey leaves then what?

Niagara Dude

1 hour ago, sirebors said:

I'm curious... If an offensive coordinator leaves... Is the playbook his to take? Or is it the property of the team? Or are they both allowed access to it? 

During the Hard Knocks where Anthony Lynn was head coach of the Chargers, the camera showed Lynn in his office & he had a shelf of playbooks from the BILLS there. So i'm guessing they keep them

14 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Jordan Palmer. Had already has a great relationship with Josh. 

How can I put this nicely?

Obviously, there will need to be a sound working relationship with mutual respect and good communication between Josh Allen and the new OC and new QB coach, whoever it may be.

But beyond that, I think it's far more important of the new offensive coordinator can draw up plays that effectively exploit our opponent's defense and let our players win.  Do that, and the great relationship will come.

Palmer shmalmer.  He has never been an NFL coach at any level.  No way would he be a sound choice at OC.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Don't think so. Have to interview minority candidates before making a hire. Per Sal's tweet below the Giants may have already fulfilled the interview requirements ahead of the Bills.

How can I say this?  I respect Sal Capaccio, but I think this is Radicchio.  How would any assistant credibly believe they are being interviewed for an OC position without the HC hired and in the loop (part of the interview process)?

Likewise, if it were to come out as true that the Giants were negotiating a contract with one guy before interviewing their OC candidates, that would not be "in good faith".

Also the chap who claimed they were already hard at work drafting Dorsey's contract is now walking it back:

That's a bit of a step back from:

which is a substantial step back from:

So we've gone from "Daboll getting his wish to hire Dorsey as OC.  Dorsey currently in negotiations with Giants"

to "Bills want to retain Dorsey, Giants need big payday to swipe him"

to "Oh yeah, Giants need to interview two minority candidates from outside the organization before they can hire Dorsey, so Hold the Presses"

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, thewookie1 said:

Anyone who doesn't have orthodox or "old school" view on offensive play calling. I don't want to see runs on 1st and 2nd down in all situations or any of that run to open up the pass garbage. We need innovative. So Daboll but without the weird random onset run obsessions or strange need to get cute at times.

Are there honestly any OCs left that run on 1st and 2nd down in all situations? I can't think of any. I am on board with a dynamic running game. But definitely not run on 1st and 2nd all the time. 

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Pass/run was 55/45 this season and 59/41 in 2020 so why would you want the shift?

Cause we need it and Josh will lead us to the promise land Hap!  I swear that is the mix to win it all. If a new OC comes in here to run heavy we could be screwed. McD has to find that perfect balance if so.

3 hours ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Don't think so. Have to interview minority candidates before making a hire. Per Sal's tweet below the Giants may have already fulfilled the interview requirements ahead of the Bills.

Yes, so.. your insanity that they got 'outmaneuvered' is silly. Dorsey wasn't the choice. 

6 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

How can I say this?  I respect Sal Capaccio, but I think this is Radicchio.  How would any assistant credibly believe they are being interviewed for an OC position without the HC hired and in the loop (part of the interview process)?

Likewise, if it were to come out as true that the Giants were negotiating a contract with one guy before interviewing their OC candidates, that would not be "in good faith".

Also the chap who claimed they were already hard at work drafting Dorsey's contract is now walking it back:

That's a bit of a step back from:

which is a substantial step back from:

So we've gone from "Daboll getting his wish to hire Dorsey as OC.  Dorsey currently in negotiations with Giants"

to "Bills want to retain Dorsey, Giants need big payday to swipe him"

to "Oh yeah, Giants need to interview two minority candidates from outside the organization before they can hire Dorsey, so Hold the Presses"

Maybe I’m cynical but I wouldn’t be surprised if Daboll had been tapped up and knew he was going pretty soon after Judge had been fired. 

10 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

I’m sure there are plenty of coaches around the league who would love to get their hands on Allen. 

I think there are a ton of posters here who would love to get their hands on Allen.

😂

• Haha (+1) 2

If not Dorsey or Hall, I’m on the Doug Pederson train. The problem with that is Pederson beat out McDermott for the Eagles job so is there some sort of ego getting in the way? 

If you look into the McDermott past, Mike Shula is a guy whether we want or not, there is a connection.  Same with Rob Chudzinski. Just a couple names. Hope they don’t go down this route but who knows 

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If not Dorsey or Hall, I’m on the Doug Pederson train. The problem with that is Pederson beat out McDermott for the Eagles job so is there some sort of ego getting in the way? 

If you look into the McDermott past, Mike Shula is a guy whether we want or not, there is a connection.  Same with Rob Chudzinski. Just a couple names. Hope they don’t go down this route but who knows 

I don't think Pederson and McDermott would get along.  

That would be like matter meeting anti-matter on the conservative scale.

• Dislike 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.